G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 and G35 comparison shots in black

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
crazycarl16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^+1 I love the looks of both cars, but after seeing the G37 in person and looking at all the pics being posted, it certainly makes the G35 look a little dated. But...maybe I'm just trying to convince myself to make the trade and get something new!!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
volnedan

The pics are from my cell phone, which does have a 2 megapixel camera but was not on the highest resolution.

In person, the G37 does look sleeker and makes the G35 seem a bit dated. Only problem is, when the G35 is next to anything else it completely blows it away. We've all been spoiled with a goregeous car that was definitely ahead of its time.

I'm not too crazy about the rear, but neither was I back in '04 when I got my first coupe. Everything else makes up for it to me. Now my only dilemma is whether or not to get the rear spoiler. Chrome lip doesn't look bad at all in person on black car.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I like how the G37's exhausts is more of an oval shape instead of the G35's circle exhausts.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by Orbie
Not really digging the fact that Infiniti increased the size of the rear logo and lettering, it was big enough on the 1st gen IMHO. Looks like they feel more confident in displaying their name I guess.
I remember seeing a video from Roadfly and the person said that they feel very confident in this car and that's why the logo is larger. Infiniti WANTS people to know that the car is an Infiniti, and I do too! Infiniti had some such a great job with the car.

I believe that the front end of the G35 looks dated... especially after seeing it sooo often. The rear of the G35 looks pretty good still though... although the exhaust tips are now outdated with it being complete circles. I was hoping that Infiniti would've made the exhaust tips integrated with the rear butt... not necessarily like the concept's exhaust tips but that kind of idea, sort of like how Lexus integrated their exhaust tips with the Lexus LS. I think it wouldve been pretty cool.

Last edited by Yimbie; 08-14-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:03 PM
RoCkY86

Damn both cars are tight but the G37 looks more aggresive. That rear logo has grown talk about bling bling.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:14 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by GoofyG
I think we are hyper critical, because ,based on these pictures, the difference in between the back end it not that much!
You can say that about the whole car. But small changes can make a world of a difference.

The G37 rear seems to have melted. While the G35 retains the rougher (IMO better) lines.

Both are great cars; its just a matter of personal prererence.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Gchick35
Banned

the G37 does look better in black. it hides a lot of the bubbly effect.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
GoofyG

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
You can say that about the whole car. But small changes can make a world of a difference."

You are probably right

"Both are great cars; its just a matter of personal prererence.

You are definitely right.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Funner567

wow both cars look great. g37 looks a bit more aggressive but at the same time the G35 in comparison to other cars looks absolutely amazing. The differences between the 37 and the 35 are not significant enough for me to even consider a trade in.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:05 PM
rcdash

the lights are more aggressive, better looking on the g37 and of course the interior is very nice; the rest is a wash with the nod going to the g35 for more of a euro look (and less lexus/toyota like)...

the wide hood of the g37 is too much like the M and new sedan but they could've made it work well if they had kept the wider grill; it would've looked much better imo.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:13 PM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by crazycarl16
^+1 I love the looks of both cars, but after seeing the G37 in person and looking at all the pics being posted, it certainly makes the G35 look a little dated. But...maybe I'm just trying to convince myself to make the trade and get something new!!
Definitely agree with you that the G35 looks a little dated in comparison to the G37. I stopped by Ray Catena Infiniti on the way home to see it in black on black (what I have on order) and it made my '05 look old (admittedly, it did need a wash). Love the new body and personally I think it looks more aggressive. Can't wait for the test drive.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:16 PM
krnn1cenamja

damn the new g37 in black looks hawt..
Old 08-14-2007, 06:51 PM
SeismicGuy

Originally Posted by Yimbie
I remember seeing a video from Roadfly and the person said that they feel very confident in this car and that's why the logo is larger. Infiniti WANTS people to know that the car is an Infiniti, and I do too! Infiniti had some such a great job with the car.
It's about time the Asian luxury wannabees did something to create more of a distinctive identity. The Germans learned this a long time ago hence the Mercedes star, the BMW "propeller", and the Audi rings. They instantly let you know what car is coming at you. Acura still has not learned this and has some half-assed inverted V that is fairly timid. Lexus has the big "L" which, I believe is stupid but at least you know it is a Lexus. Infiniti started off with the idiotic basket-of-snakes but out of all the logos out there, I think the current Infiniti one looks fairly slick and modern. It also seems like Infiniti is trying to create a common identity across the various models (again look at Mercedes, BMW, Audi) which is a good thing. I say don't be afraid to make the logo big and plenty apparent.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
N50

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
It's about time the Asian luxury wannabees did something to create more of a distinctive identity. The Germans learned this a long time ago hence the Mercedes star, the BMW "propeller", and the Audi rings. They instantly let you know what car is coming at you. Acura still has not learned this and has some half-assed inverted V that is fairly timid. Lexus has the big "L" which, I believe is stupid but at least you know it is a Lexus. Infiniti started off with the idiotic basket-of-snakes but out of all the logos out there, I think the current Infiniti one looks fairly slick and modern. It also seems like Infiniti is trying to create a common identity across the various models (again look at Mercedes, BMW, Audi) which is a good thing. I say don't be afraid to make the logo big and plenty apparent.
I'll drink to that.

Think of Mercedes SLK and SLR with their big *ss three pointed stars on the front. I don't think you can get too much bigger than that.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
anotha

Originally Posted by volnedan
The pics are from my cell phone, which does have a 2 megapixel camera but was not on the highest resolution.

In person, the G37 does look sleeker and makes the G35 seem a bit dated. Only problem is, when the G35 is next to anything else it completely blows it away. We've all been spoiled with a goregeous car that was definitely ahead of its time.

I'm not too crazy about the rear, but neither was I back in '04 when I got my first coupe. Everything else makes up for it to me. Now my only dilemma is whether or not to get the rear spoiler. Chrome lip doesn't look bad at all in person on black car.
I ordered mine without the optional spoiler. I think the chrome lip is hot with black!

Quick Reply: G37 and G35 comparison shots in black