G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

1st test drive by the troll of the forum..

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:11 AM
bostonmerlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
You all see???? this guy feels the same exact way as i do....and you all hate on me...i love Infiniti but the G37 GETS A BIG THUMBS DOWN.
why do you care what "we see?" why do you care that he feels the way you do? what most of us who like this car just don't get is.. why in the world are you still hanging around??? not that we don't like you.. but what compels you or anyone else who doesn't like this car to hang around a forum talking about a car you don't like? i just don't get it at all. For example.. after the first post you made stating you don't like the car.. why do you care to post again and again saying the same thing? Your orig post is not going away.. it's there for any newbie to read so they'll get the benfiti of your opinion. I'll be the first to say it's extremely beneficial to get everyones take whether its good or bad.. but life is short.. and i'm confused with this way of thinking.

of course you can do whatever you like.. the forum is open and free and you can speak you mind.. but i have too many things in my life I'd rather spend my time with than saying the same thing in a forum about a car i don't like. If i didn't like the car i would now be in the bmw forum or the lexus forum or the.. whatever forum.

I just don't get it.. so in my way of thinking. logically.. if you dislike a car.. but hang around saying you dislike the car.. then you must be looking to start something with those who do.

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 08-10-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:20 AM
G-WannaBe

Originally Posted by Disasterpiece
Wow, you just went against what just about everybody else said on this forum lol..
Your too young to remember the early days back in March, go look at the post when the pic were leaked prior to the NYIAS a few days before the show, these threads were a war zone, with page after page of very heated and loud disagreement. I think it was like 50 to 1 back then against.

I give the OP a lot of credit having not liked it much and then leaving it up to a test drive to settle the final score, many who said they did not like it claimed they would stay away and not touch the new car at all. Not only did he drive it, he posted it. A lot of 35 owners were so upset in March/April they could not stand the idea of giving the new 37 a roll.

IMO the test drive will be the decider, I have to wait a little longer if I am going to purchase, but I will want to test it right away. Who knows, if we wait until 2008, maybe those non functional air ram looking ports on the bottom the front bumper will eventually hook up to TT's. I can't believe people have said lets put fog lights in there, they are clearly an easy point of entry for feeding hairdryers, and if Nissan is getting the GTR, maybe this will be Infiniti's gift, a 500 + HP G37 TT......

Its nice to dream.....
Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 AM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't keen on the design of the new G37 when pics were leaked prior to the NYIAS, either. However, I am still waiting to see it for myself and drive it for myself before I drop > $34k on this car.

However ... with other rumor threads in this forum, (ie hardtop convertible, etc) it may seem prudent to wait for what other models will spin off from the original car. And I'm not too keen of the "1st model year" potential problems with any car make ... so I just might wait until the spring to see what lies in store. Heck ... the GT-R should premiere in the Tokyo Autoshow ... might as well check that out, along with its price tag. If they have a 'base' model around ~$50k, I might get that ... or hopefully, this will allow us to have bargaining room at the Infiniti dealership ...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:49 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
why do you care what "we see?" why do you care that he feels the way you do? what most of us who like this car just don't get is.. why in the world are you still hanging around??? not that we don't like you.. but what compels you or anyone else who doesn't like this car to hang around a forum talking about a car you don't like? i just don't get it at all. For example.. after the first post you made stating you don't like the car.. why do you care to post again and again saying the same thing? Your orig post is not going away.. it's there for any newbie to read so they'll get the benfiti of your opinion. I'll be the first to say it's extremely beneficial to get everyones take whether its good or bad.. but life is short.. and i'm confused with this way of thinking.

of course you can do whatever you like.. the forum is open and free and you can speak you mind.. but i have too many things in my life I'd rather spend my time with than saying the same thing in a forum about a car i don't like. If i didn't like the car i would now be in the bmw forum or the lexus forum or the.. whatever forum.

I just don't get it.. so in my way of thinking. logically.. if you dislike a car.. but hang around saying you dislike the car.. then you must be looking to start something with those who do.
LOL...that's a good point boston... Let's all go to the Ford Focus forums and hate on their cars
Old 08-10-2007, 09:03 AM
UltimateGee27

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lets just say im venting on the fact that i am very VERY disapointed in this car. I was "ALL ABOARD" on the G37 and probably was going to buy one...but now i am letting others know how i felt when i first saw it in person.

Ill leave now and take my discouraging opinions with me.....

lol

Cheers to all future G37 owners!!!

P.S. GO YANKEES!!!!!!

Last edited by UltimateGee27; 08-10-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:08 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Good luck with whatever car you choose in the future!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:13 AM
glennNtexas

I looked at one yesterday @ Clear Lake Infiniti. I parked my car side by side & agree that the 37 looked more feminine by comparison.

I did not drive the car because I have the itch to buy something right now & I didn't want to make a bad decision.

My car is lowered, sitting of Volk 20's so I tried to imagine the same on the 37 & I think I like what I imagined. The interior looks great & well layed out & I'll drive it here in a couple of months & make a decision on getting one or not. It'll all depend on how "mod friendly" the new 3.7 turns out to be.

Just my opinion.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:53 AM
gspotter

I respect the OP's opinion. it's an open forum and he's pointing out those areas that don't work for him. I've never heard anyone complain about the navigation screen or stitching though and that comment about "we should expect infiniti to blah blah blah" is irrelevant. I dont expect Infiniti to do anything.. if what they build and sell looks good to me.. fits my lifestyle.. i'll get it.. otherwise move on (which he is doing). I don't care about how it compares to the g35.. i owned a g35c.. i dont want another g35.. i wouldn't buy another g35.. but did i love that car? oh yea! This car looks mighty nice when you stop comparing it to something else.

We're seeing more and more posts like this though..

so who's right? the OP or this guy in the quote above? of course both of them are. this forum is slowly turning into the g37 enthusiasts forum many of us have been waiting for. as others have said over and over ad nauseum.. most car forums go through this when new revs of a car are released.. shocked by the changes many owners/enthusiasts are upset by what the car was.. and what they wanted it to be. The car looks great to me though.. is it perfect? no way.. are there things i'd like to change? yes.. but can i live with some of the things i don't like.. of course! Just as long as there are more things i like than don't like.

These car companies have to design a car that'll appeal to the masses for the next three to five years... sometimes making changes the market will eventually grow to like. Just as bangle threw a monkey wrench into the design of bmws..many more people like his designs today than they did when they were first introduced.

If you focus on the g35 coupe today many might fault it's "racer-boy" like looks (i.e. no class), funny bubble like headlights, big rear-end, lack of space, lack of headroom, noisy shifter, easy-to-scratch pieces (i.e. sub-par interior) or the silly round clock or the pop-up-toaster-nav-screen or the lack of overall refinement etc. For many.. those negatives are a show-stopper.. for others.. theres just enough things they like about it to keep them happy.

All I'm saying here (long story longer) is to not let others sway your opinion. Go see it in person....

Cleaner= classier. The G35 is cleaner and far less fussy (therefore classier) than the G37, in my opinion. The G37 looks like a cheaper car exterior-wise- and the rear end has too much of a Pontiac G6 Coupe look to it. The G37 also has a "silly round clock", same lack of space as the G35, and probably will still have a "noisy shifter" based on the reviews I've read. I'm 6'3" and have no problems with headroom in my G35, and it sounds like the headroom in the G37 may possibly be less than the G35's. I like the G35's "pop up toaster nav screen"- Cadillac apparently copied this design in their new CTS. Anyway, congrats to all who decide to purchase the G37- it's a great car no doubt, but classier than a G35? NO WAY!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by gspotter
Cleaner= classier. The G35 is cleaner and far less fussy (therefore classier) than the G37, in my opinion. The G37 looks like a cheaper car exterior-wise- and the rear end has too much of a Pontiac G6 Coupe look to it. The G37 also has a "silly round clock", same lack of space as the G35, and probably will still have a "noisy shifter" based on the reviews I've read. I'm 6'3" and have no problems with headroom in my G35, and it sounds like the headroom in the G37 may possibly be less than the G35's. I like the G35's "pop up toaster nav screen"- Cadillac apparently copied this design in their new CTS. Anyway, congrats to all who decide to purchase the G37- it's a great car no doubt, but classier than a G35? NO WAY!
man.. you just dont get it. i'm not in the g35 forum bashing the g35. I owned a g35 coupe.. nuff said.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
man.. you just dont get it. i'm not in the g35 forum bashing the g35. I owned a g35 coupe.. nuff said.
I agree with you BostonMerlin. Not sure why people who don't like the car keep posting in this forum, that is why their is a G35 forum. However, some people just like to complain.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 AM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lets go to every car forum of cars we don't own or like and start complaining about them shall we!?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
RoCkY86

Why do some people keep talking about the new look its still the best looking coupe on the road for the money and if speed is such a factor throw in some mods if thats suits you. This car was desinged for much more demographics and appeals to all ages. Also if you had known the first generation sedan weight less than the first gen. coupe. No complaints then.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 AM
MissLydia

I love that the OP said the acceleration wasn't there, but then said in a later post that he only got the car up to 45 mph. I test drove one and got it up to 75 mph and it was an automatic and I thought the acceleration was pretty f-ing good.

As far as the car being "feminine", well I guess I just don't understand that statement and it is really an opinion, but to me (and yes, I'm a girl), a "feminine" or "girly" car is something like a VW Beetle, a Mini Cooper, a Mercedes SLK, and definitely NOT the G37. I was all set to buy the G35 back in December until I found out they were redesigning it, so don't think that I'm buying a G37 just b/c it's more appealing to me as a female. I really like both cars, but I think the G37 is much more "refined" (since that's the word that's being thrown around) and sexier and I love all of the new technology and the integrated LCD screen (reminds me of my 2001 Acura CL Type S that I had and sold before I moved to London).

And as for the Vette, my hubby is 6'2" and he has to have the visor flipped up in order to see street lights, so Vette's have crap headroom as well.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Disasterpiece

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Your too young to remember the early days back in March, go look at the post when the pic were leaked prior to the NYIAS a few days before the show, these threads were a war zone, with page after page of very heated and loud disagreement. I think it was like 50 to 1 back then against.

I give the OP a lot of credit having not liked it much and then leaving it up to a test drive to settle the final score, many who said they did not like it claimed they would stay away and not touch the new car at all. Not only did he drive it, he posted it. A lot of 35 owners were so upset in March/April they could not stand the idea of giving the new 37 a roll.

IMO the test drive will be the decider, I have to wait a little longer if I am going to purchase, but I will want to test it right away. Who knows, if we wait until 2008, maybe those non functional air ram looking ports on the bottom the front bumper will eventually hook up to TT's. I can't believe people have said lets put fog lights in there, they are clearly an easy point of entry for feeding hairdryers, and if Nissan is getting the GTR, maybe this will be Infiniti's gift, a 500 + HP G37 TT......

Its nice to dream.....
I just said that bacause i found it funny that ive been reading all kinds of posts saying how great it looked in person, and how the pics dont do it justice. And then this guy says it looks bad in person?? And i understand thats his opinion and he has the right to not like it. But he did go against what most other people are saying..
Old 08-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Jeff92se

You can't please everyone. Fact of life. Pointless to change some people's minds so leave it be.

Quick Reply: 1st test drive by the troll of the forum..