Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sport models will come with brembo brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 PM
RoCkY86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport models will come with brembo brakes

So I went to infiniti of Tustin today to put my deposit on my black on black G37. Got everthying except the 4was they had one in the back so I got another good glance at this beautiful machine. While the salesperson was looking for the keys the service coordinator told me that behind those infiniti logo callipers are brembo brakes. And infiniti paid brembo to put there name on it. hopefully this answer the question about wherther brembo where going to be used. I also got some more info. There will be an all wheel drive G37 and a hardtop convertible due to arrive some time next year. cant wait!! I may trade in the g37 coupe for the convertible depends how the top looks and how it looks when its down. Sad to say most of the sample cars that we seen will be destroyed because infiniti wont sell them because there pre-productions.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:54 PM
OvaYahead

thats one nice sales man. Rather that information on AWD is true or false, I would of asked for my deposit back and wait till next year. I'm going to wait till next year anyways.

Congrats on your early purchase.

I bought an 03 couple in November of 02
Old 08-09-2007, 07:01 PM
RBull

I think it's pretty well known the brakes are by Akebono.

There would be a lot more value to both parties and consumers to have Brembo branded on them. I doubt the name change thing would ever happen.

The AWD and hardtop convertible has been rumored now for a long time.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah given the source, a salesman, I will believe it when I see it. They seem to know less about these cars than anyone on the boards.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:12 PM
N50

Originally Posted by RBull
I think it's pretty well known the brakes are by Akebono.

There would be a lot more value to both parties and consumers to have Brembo branded on them. I doubt the name change thing would ever happen.

The AWD and hardtop convertible has been rumored now for a long time.
Bingo. Definitely Akebono, NOT Brembo.

As far as an AWD coupe, member, DenverInfiniti said this:

We just got a auto journey here at infiniti of denver this morning. The car is SO much better looking in person. After driving it around the block, I can say that its definately ALOT smoother than the previous models. Although lke the previous models the G sedan feels a bit faster. Yes I know it has less HP but still it feels a bit faster. It may be the the coupe is smoother not sure.

The G37 WILL be coming in AWD at some point to. It has a bump in the center of the car for a diff and the front hubs have the wholes for axles.
I like the sound of that. It fits the description of the vehicle I'm looking for. The convertible may or may not come out. No solid evidence yet.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:27 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by N50
Bingo. Definitely Akebono, NOT Brembo.

As far as an AWD coupe, member, DenverInfiniti said this:

I like the sound of that. It fits the description of the vehicle I'm looking for. The convertible may or may not come out. No solid evidence yet.
convertible has 18 months left before it's release....

i'll say it i'm the most knowledgeable sales consultant/manager on the boards for Infiniti....probably one of the longest runnign too
Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
N50

Originally Posted by da mayor
convertible has 18 months left before it's release....

i'll say it i'm the most knowledgeable sales consultant/manager on the boards for Infiniti....probably one of the longest runnign too
I'm going to hold you to this statement, Kenny. There better be a convertible in 18 months. LOL.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:32 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by N50
I'm going to hold you to this statement, Kenny. There better be a convertible in 18 months. LOL.
start doing the countdown.... i think i'll fall into my midlife crisis by then and get that G37 convertible for wifey
Old 08-09-2007, 08:39 PM
kevmi2ca

I'm glad those aren't Brembo. The dealer charges >$500/per to replace Brembo rotors. Not that I would ever pay it, but it's still pisses me off. That goodness for aftermarket.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Orbie

Originally Posted by da mayor
start doing the countdown.... i think i'll fall into my midlife crisis by then and get that G37 convertible for wifey
What's the word on the AWD then? I think everyone's heard the Convertible coming but not much about the G37x.

Judging by this thread and others posted lately, Infiniti salesmen aren't looking too good in the knowledge department. Everything from how Infiniti and Nissan aren't related to not even knowing the proper color names, and now this Brembo crap? da mayor is definitely one of the more knowledgeable ones around though.

Last edited by Orbie; 08-09-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 PM
JZ39

Originally Posted by kevmi2ca
I'm glad those aren't Brembo. The dealer charges >$500/per to replace Brembo rotors. Not that I would ever pay it, but it's still pisses me off. That goodness for aftermarket.

How much do you think 14" Akebono rotors are going to cost................
Old 08-09-2007, 11:11 PM
N50

Originally Posted by JZ39
How much do you think 14" Akebono rotors are going to cost................
I don't wanna know
Old 08-09-2007, 11:31 PM
ttrank
TIMMAHH!!

I wonder if there is any chance those brakes will fit the older ones. I would love to find a set of those for my car.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:22 AM
GreenGoblin
sfl g club president

ya now your thinking
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by N50
I don't wanna know

Costs for Brembo aftermarket replacement rotors and pads are fairly reasonable. It's the dealer OEM parts that are so outrageous. Probably will be the same scenario with Akebono.

Quick Reply: Sport models will come with brembo brakes