Sponsored By:

Official 2008 G37 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beestea
Japan/Tokyo is the bomb... i've been two times.

It really is like future city. Plus the chicks wear skirts in the dead of winter. And the subway system plays little nintendo jingles when the train is about to arrive
LOL the Japanese sure love their Nintendo... which will be #1 pretty soon beating out Xbox360 in total world sales. The PS3 still has a long way to go... it might beat out the Wii in a couple of years when bluray actually becomes important and DVDs die down (like the transition of VHS to DVD). I love the Japanese... and this is coming from a Korean. (if you don't know about the whole rivalry then you wouldn't understand... Samsung, LG, and Hyundai are really getting up there)
Old 08-01-2007, 08:38 PM
JohnnyCham
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
is sport package the big brakes and wheels?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:57 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyCham
is sport package the big brakes and wheels?
Yes, the sport package includes the 19" wheels and upgraded brakes.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:59 PM
EJ2000

There seems to be a fair amount of misinformation on this thread...

Option out a 335i coupe and G37 to the same level trim, and you're looking at a difference of 7-10k, not 5-6k.

If you are talking about leasing, Infiniti's residuals on the coupe beat out BMW's residuals on the 335i coupe. Also, you can't compare a BMWUSA lease rate for a 335i sedan with a lower selling price to a full list G-coupe with a super high MF. The 335i lease is much much higher for a coupe than the sedan.

And I've seen it stated a few times now that all G's are being sold for list, but that's not true, either.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:26 PM
muscarel

It matters how you option a car (and want it optioned). For instance, intelligent cruise control is a waste. I wouldn't care if it came with the car or not. I wouldn't add that to the BMW price just to exaggerate the difference. It's not worth 2 pennies to me. If it is to you, then the difference is greater for you.

What is true is that the BMW coupe leases aren't as great as the sedans. I priced out a 335 coupe with all the options I care about (NAV, Premium, Sport, 6MT, Ipod, Comfort Access, heated seats) and with Tax, DMV, Security, etc down (no cap cost reduction) it was $683 per month. If the lease numbers quoted above are correct (56%, 0.0029), then the G37 leases for just under $700 (assuming MSRP ($41,700 or so) for initial lots) for 6mt with NAV and premium. In terms of leasing, the BMW seems like at least as good a deal, especially considering it is about 7-8k more as shown above and has free (but mostly useless) maintenance.

Now, if we are talking sedans, the BMW leases are very attractive. For the same options as listed above, the sedan was only $560/month (first offer was $2,600 under MSRP). You could probably get a G35 sedan for a few bucks less, but at that point just get what you like.

Leasing isn't for everyone, but if you are leasing (like me who like a new car every couple of years) then there is more to look at that sticker prices. Personally, I think the G37 makes a much better "buy" than lease. In a few months, when the hype dies down, the leases will be back in the $500 range just like the 1st gen.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
MaDd

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6213687/...ced/index.html

When it goes on sale on August 21, the 2008 Infiniti G37 will come in three trims, starting at $34,250 for a base model with a five-speed manual transmission. The mid-level Journey trim starts at $35,000 and the top Sport 6MT -- bound to be the enthusiast's choice because of its close-ratio six-speed manual -- starts at $35,550.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Ender17

Originally Posted by Rampant
Just out of curiosity Yimbie -- why are you so worried about price? Aren't your parents paying for it?

Also, I hate to nit-pick, but if we are going down this road, we should talk about lease rates as well (since most people lease). It is quite possible the BMW could lease out for roughly the same price as the G.

335i, sport + met. paint ($43,150) @ 36 mo. - (source)
= $3584 down + $534/mo.

G37 6MT ($35,550) lease @ 36 mo., 56% residual, 0.029MF
= $3500 down + $528/mo.

Hopefully, Infiniti can give a better residual to knock the price down, but 56% isn't out of line from what I understand.
why would a G37 be $528/month when the M is only $439/month?
http://www.infiniti.com/current-offe...Current_Offers
Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 PM
sanscu

I know everyone's trying to do BMW vs G37 MATH.

But, face it, the numbers are going to be close to each other within the "ability to spend" for most people buying a $44,000-$46,000 car OTD.

That is, if you are going to spend that kinda money and want to get a 335i for a few grand more then you shouldn't let a few more grand get in the way.

Personally, I love the Infiniti's tech/interior/sporty rides and am sticking to that brand. Lucky for me, it happens to be less than the BMW and I'll take that.

P.S. not to bring this up in the thread but I really don't like that center panel on the 335i or is just me
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by sanscu
I know everyone's trying to do BMW vs G37 MATH.

But, face it, the numbers are going to be close to each other within the "ability to spend" for most people buying a $44,000-$46,000 car OTD.

That is, if you are going to spend that kinda money and want to get a 335i for a few grand more then you shouldn't let a few more grand get in the way.

Personally, I love the Infiniti's tech/interior/sporty rides and am sticking to that brand. Lucky for me, it happens to be less than the BMW and I'll take that.

P.S. not to bring this up in the thread but I really don't like that center panel on the 335i or is just me
The big hunk of plastic right in the middle? That's what turns me off from the 335i the most. It's so ugly. Also the dashboard isn't very appealing either.... it feels cold.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Goodstuff

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Where in the world did you come from? lol You don't seem biased at all. Geez talk about such a hateful post. It's not like I go to the 2007 G35 sedan forum and compare it with the G37 coupe...

I think some people are just so jealous that they make posts like these... just my .02
Jealous is not even close, I've wanted this car way before there was a sub forum here. When I got my sedan, I leased because I had full intentions of buying the coupe the day it came out. I was excited, and I've been planning to buy this car since November of last year. But I am disappointed, Infiniti offers me nothing new with this car, except for the fact that it's slower... what a disappointment.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys would you kno if the 5 speed auto sport or g37s auto would come out to be 35550 as the 6mt. Or would it be 36150. Does the sport package come with the rear spoiler?? but please can some let me kno it auto and 6mt is the same or is that the price differnce from 6mt or 5at. Thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 01:02 AM
xdram

Originally Posted by Yimbie
The big hunk of plastic right in the middle? That's what turns me off from the 335i the most. It's so ugly. Also the dashboard isn't very appealing either.... it feels cold.
ugly? I think their interior is from the early 90's and boring but the 335 exterior is better. I'm personally not too attracted at the G37 exterior. I just think it looks a little bubbly and overweight. I see the sedan and think they look more attractive, are quicker, and $3000 cheaper... I was overlooking the exterior design since it’s not too bad and because I expected it to be much cheaper than the 335 and I love Infiniti's interior. However, after reading reviews and after seeing the prices I might pass. It's only 4-5k cheaper than how I’d order my 335. But since you can save 3k or more doing a euro pickup, it's almost the same give or take an option. I rather get the faster 335, nicer looking exterior, better MPG and an option of getting an extra 100HP by just plug-n-play chip upgrade and live with a boring interior. '08 will probably get most of the fuel pump issues resolved also.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:08 AM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
Hey guys would you kno if the 5 speed auto sport or g37s auto would come out to be 35550 as the 6mt. Or would it be 36150. Does the sport package come with the rear spoiler?? but please can some let me kno it auto and 6mt is the same or is that the price differnce from 6mt or 5at. Thanks
Coupe Journey (Journey is required to order any options/packages) is $35,000 plus Sport Package $1,850, plus delivery $715 totals $37,565. The rear spoiler would be an additional $550.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by dmkozak
The point is that these prices, primarily the big jump in the price of the Premium Package, is not what people expected. This increase was apparently not intimated to the magazines. The reviews pretty much all focus on how much car the G37 is for the price. Only now, the price is a little higher. And, not necessarily the base price, but the options, and most especially the Premium Package. So, the observers have all been a little blindsided by Infiniti on this.

Please do not take this the wrong way, and I mean no disrespect to you, but, in your case, you will not be the person paying for your car, so the increased price should not affect you at all.

And, the reason everyone is comparing the price to the sedan price is because there has been a historical pricing balance between the coupe and sedan. No one is comparing the two cars, but people are looking at this historical pricing balance (which is now greater than ever before).
I think much of the "markup" can be attributed in part to the many who ordered the G37 unseen without any negotiations. If everyone were to just hold out for a bit, car manufacturers and dealers would have to be a little more cognizant of their pricing. If I buy the G37, I plan to walk in the day after Christmas to offer them my patrionage.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by xdram
ugly? I think their interior is from the early 90's and boring but the 335 exterior is better. I'm personally not too attracted at the G37 exterior. I just think it looks a little bubbly and overweight. I see the sedan and think they look more attractive, are quicker, and $3000 cheaper... I was overlooking the exterior design since it’s not too bad and because I expected it to be much cheaper than the 335 and I love Infiniti's interior. However, after reading reviews and after seeing the prices I might pass. It's only 4-5k cheaper than how I’d order my 335. But since you can save 3k or more doing a euro pickup, it's almost the same give or take an option. I rather get the faster 335, nicer looking exterior, better MPG and an option of getting an extra 100HP by just plug-n-play chip upgrade and live with a boring interior. '08 will probably get most of the fuel pump issues resolved also.
Each to his own. If the 335i had the interior of the G37, I would get the BMW but unfortunately, it has that... The interior of the G37 (which is also in the 2007 G35 sedan) is really beautifully designed. I'd have to say it's top in its class... although the Audi A5 interior is quite beautiful also. Interiors are really important to me considering that I'm going to be looking at it while I drive and not stand outside staring at the car. I'm also a casual driver so I wouldn't get a chip anyways just to get to the speed limit faster on a street. lol Have fun with your 335i!

Last edited by Yimbie; 08-02-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Official 2008 G37 Pricing