Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 PM
jnmunsey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not a virgin
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 PM
dijstiiv

im way under, purchased the car myself @ age 19.. hmmm...
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 PM
dijstiiv

Originally Posted by jnmunsey
I'm not a virgin
hahahahaha
Old 07-26-2007, 08:00 PM
eyedea32

hey

I'm 23 and bought the '04 G35 when I was 22 on my own. When being young and buying the car on your own it all depends on if you're living on your own, with your parents, and where you live. Living in California without your parents support is pretty expensive .
Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 PM
devellis

I wouldn't rush to judgment about the luxury vs performance demands of the older drivers. I'm 60 and I've had true, 2-seater sports cars for virtually my entire adult life. When I consider the G37, the biggest potential drawback is that at its curb weight, it may feel considerably less tossable that what I'm used to -- more a luxury car than a performance car. I don't mean this as a put down to the car or to anyone on the forum. It's just that the cars I've driven for the past several decades have all come in under 3000 lbs. The G37 has an attractive hp/lb ratio but weight is weight, irrespective of horsepower. I'm including the G37 on my list of possibles, (which is why I'm on this forum) but the jury is still out.

When I was 25, I got my 240-Z, the antithesis of the G37: all performance (for its day) with very few concessions to comfort. It also cost $4700! Over the years, prices of cars have gone up substantially but they're also a lot better. The 240-Z had a 4-speed and was an early adopter of AM/FM (in mono) radio. No fuel injection, electronic ignition, multi-adjustable seats, 4-wheel disc brakes, or any of a host of other goodies we now consider standard on performance oriented cars.

People over 45 or so are more likely to be driving G37s than younger folks primarily because they're at a stage of their lives when they can spend more. That makes them an attractive customer base. But Infiniti shouldn't assume that we baby boomers are looking for glide-mobiles the way our parents did at our age. There are no Buicks on my short list of potential replacements for my 2001 3-liter BMW Z3 with handling package. For now, the G37 is still a contender but there are others in the running, as well.

Last edited by devellis; 07-26-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:21 PM
skaterbasist

Wow... they should do one purely for SoCal, and the median age would probably be around ~27 years of age.

It's funny how everything completely changes when you add different regions with a different culture & finances (ie. Mid-West).

Old 07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Wow... they should do one purely for SoCal, and the median age would probably be around ~27 years of age.
Eh that would cost too much money and too much development time making G37s for every different region.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:44 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Eh that would cost too much money and too much development time making G37s for every different region.
Not sure if I get it

Only thing I implied was that the average here in SoCal is usually always going to be much lower for cars like the G35, 335i, M3, and well, most every other car .

Old 08-16-2007, 11:39 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok...I have to agree with Infiniti's median age range for customer's interest in the G37 Coupe after going to the unveiling event. I am 28 years old and I have the first ordered Coupe at the dealership were I live but the majority of the individuals at the event tonight were 45 to 60 years of age. There were two guys around my age or younger. A couple of them looked to be in their thirties with kids. And about 5 were at least 45 but more likely around 50s. I was a little surprised to be honest. I thought there would be some more younger people there. The ride was great and I can't wait to get my car.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:33 AM
megatron27

a majority of the people on this board will respond under median, since 45yr old(45 and older dont get mad at me) dont frequent boards/forums(tech gap).
Old 08-17-2007, 09:34 AM
lyfeis

Originally Posted by pjames
i'm under the median by a long shot too (24), but then again, i bought a sedan... i wonder what the figures are for them... probably older i'm guessing, but i have to say, the numbers look representative for around here, i don't think i've seen any body less than 20years older than me driving a g (that i could see, there's been a few tinted quite dark, so hard to tell, probably younger) coupe or sedan. more youngin's driving Zeds though (and yes, i think the canadian pronunciation sounds so much cooler in reference to the car, zee? seriously!).
but i have to admit, the old guys seem to start to act like they're young when driving a G. kinda funny, but what ever lets you hold on to your youth...
Yeah, I'm 25 and I'm considering the sedan. Any of you dealers know the median age for those?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:17 AM
bostonmerlin

i'm 38, live in the north east, married, have a 15 month old and another one on the way.. combined hh income is around 250k, 1 dog, 5 fish, 2 cats.. she drives a cherokee and i a wrangler.. untill next week when the new g comes in.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
RBull

Originally Posted by megatron27
a majority of the people on this board will respond under median, since 45yr old(45 and older dont get mad at me) dont frequent boards/forums(tech gap).
or more likley they are busier and have higher career demands and responsibilities .
Old 08-17-2007, 04:21 PM
lyfeis

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i'm 38, live in the north east, married, have a 15 month old and another one on the way.. combined hh income is around 250k, 1 dog, 5 fish, 2 cats.. she drives a cherokee and i a wrangler.. untill next week when the new g comes in.
NICE

From what i've read, you have to be making that kind of $$$ to live in Boston.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
22yo, married w/ 1 kid, part of the 30% females.

I hate pulling up to old people or women in sports cars that don't know how to drive them. But when you have an old guy try to race you it is so cool bc you know that they used to be in your shoes.

Quick Reply: Over or under the G coupe's median age?