Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Nissan and Infiniti Discounted purchase program

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:42 PM
dragon_image18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan and Infiniti Discounted purchase program

If anyone is still in the mood to buy a new G35, then there is a purchase program available to get a discount. Many employers are associated with this site, so you just need to enter in you employer info and find out if you are eligible.

Unfortunately this does not yet include the G37 Coupe. But I believe this restriction will be released in a few months.

Discount Details:
Dealer invoice
Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
Plus destination and handling charge
Minus applicable incentives
Equals participant's purchase price

Here are the steps.

Obtain a Claim ID Number by clicking on "Get VPP Claim Number" option to the left, be sure to jot the number down.
You will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, company name, social security number or employee number, and the type of vehicle that is intended to be purchased.
Visit your local Nissan or Infiniti Dealer, identify yourself as a VPP customer, provide the VPP Claim Number and name of your company, and present the following identification to the Fleet Sales Manager / Consultant at the dealership.

Link for Purchase Program
Link for my Blog with the details
Old 07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
ad infinitum

This is a fantastic program - I picked up a 2007 G35 Coupe Sport M6 three months ago for a VERY sweet price using the VPP (being Canadian, however, I still paid way more than you lucky kids in the U.S.).

The VPP discount itself is effectively cancelled out by the 2.5% delivery fee, but invoice $$ + any applicable incentives still makes it very tempting. There are no cash incentives currently being offered in the U.S. on the '07 G35, though, so if you're interested, you might want to hold off and see if any come up in the near future.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Sweeet P

Does anyone know approx how long it will take until this Nissan Vehicle Purchase Program applies to the G37. Perhaps someone has already gone through this program with the G35 sedan. My guess is at least 6 months.

If the wait isn't too long...I wouldn't mind waiting to save a couple grand.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
probably 6 months time
Old 08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
volnedan

My lease is up in September and I was hoping to get into a G37, but since VPP isn't available yet my dealer told me to extend my lease 3 more months (which is the max). They said it took roughly 3 months after the new sedan came out before Infiniti offered the VPP on it.

I told them the only way I'd get the G37 was with the VPP, since my last two G coupes have been purchased the same way. The sales manager even said that if it wasn't offered by Nissan/Infinit, they would give me a similar deal.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Sweeet P

Originally Posted by volnedan
My lease is up in September and I was hoping to get into a G37, but since VPP isn't available yet my dealer told me to extend my lease 3 more months (which is the max). They said it took roughly 3 months after the new sedan came out before Infiniti offered the VPP on it.

I told them the only way I'd get the G37 was with the VPP, since my last two G coupes have been purchased the same way. The sales manager even said that if it wasn't offered by Nissan/Infinit, they would give me a similar deal.

Good info. Good strategy in letting them know that the VPP is the only way you'll buy...that really puts the ball in their court. I'm in sales as well......and at the end of the month, when you need to hit your quotas...there's ALWAYS room for negotiation. Just have to find the right salesperson at the right time.

So...based on your experience, I'm assuming the VPP is definitely worth it right?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Taktix1

how do you see if you qualify for the VPP discount? I'm searching through the site as we speak.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
SeismicGuy

I was also wondering about the applicability of this program. My wife works with a girl whose husband is a parts manager at a local Nissan dealership. I noticed on the VPP info, there is a plan for "friends" of employees, but I didn't want to bug the guy yet if the VPP was not even going to be available. Has anyone ever used the "friends" plan for purchase and, if so, does it save more than can be normally negotiated?

Thanks,

Doug
Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Sweeet P

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
I was also wondering about the applicability of this program. My wife works with a girl whose husband is a parts manager at a local Nissan dealership. I noticed on the VPP info, there is a plan for "friends" of employees, but I didn't want to bug the guy yet if the VPP was not even going to be available. Has anyone ever used the "friends" plan for purchase and, if so, does it save more than can be normally negotiated?

Thanks,

Doug

The company I work for is on the "Business Associate" plan which is the same as the "Friends and Extended Family" plan. In terms of whether it's worth it...for outgoing models like the 07 Sedan, which has been out for quite some time and with the 08's around the corner, I've found that negotiation has gotten me a better price by a couple hundred bucks.

In terms of the Brand New G37...I'm assuming that because it is a total redesign and the fact that dealers can move more sedans then coupes, negotiation room is smaller and the VPP will more than likely result in the best deal. That is of course, once it applies to the G37. Simple rule of Supply and Demand...Infiniti knows they've got a gem with the G37 and know that consumers will pay premium for it. Only other way is to wait a year.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Taktix1

so where do I go to see if my company is a part of this VPP program. I've looked all over the site, I apologize if I am just missing it. Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Sweeet P

Ask your employer....at my work, they actually have it posted on our intranet under our benefits section as well as small flyers that are distributed every once in awhile. On the Nissan VPP site, you can actually search by company name.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by Sweeet P
Ask your employer....at my work, they actually have it posted on our intranet under our benefits section as well as small flyers that are distributed every once in awhile. On the Nissan VPP site, you can actually search by company name.
Thanks! I did the search on the site and came up with nothing. I'm a government employee and I couldn't find any government departments on there at all. Anyone work for the government get VPP?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:48 PM
volnedan

I work for Denso, which is an auto supplier and Nissan is one of our customers. The VPP is well worth it, especially when you dont have many dealerships in your area (only 1 in metro detroit until last month, so now we have 2 but same franchise).

When I purchased my 04 6MT, I got about $2800 off sticker price, and my current lease on 06 6MT was $1200 down, $457/mo for 12 mo and 12k mi/yr on msrp of $39200. So yes it is definitely worth it.

My dealer has been pretty good with keeping me updated, and my salesman even called me a few months back when they got a G37 in their garage from Nissan North America Tech Center. But so far no invite for the Aug 16th event :-(

EDIT: Homeboy just called me and has a G37 in today, and he invited me for the Aug. 16th event.

Last edited by volnedan; 08-08-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Sweeet P

When I test drove the g37 2 days ago...ask the salesman about the VPP program and how long it would take to be offered on the G37. He said probably 3 months...as that is how long it took with the 07 sedan. I'll definitely wait to save some $$$. Besides, 3 months will go by quick...especially with Halo 3 coming out on Xbox360 in september!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:24 PM
lyfeis

Originally Posted by Sweeet P
...especially with Halo 3 coming out on Xbox360 in september!
That's one thing I didnt think about twice before reserving.