G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Nissan Sport Magazine-Infiniti G37 cover and performance review

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Metalp3n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive been a long time subscriber of Nissan Sport Magazine now, wont spoil anything for anyone about this issue, but check out the rear Q&A for a shot of my car ;]
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Eagle1

It is not unlike a fine restaurant. One cannot ask for a taste of every entree and appetizer before making a choice or being constrained to pay for the experience. It costs time, talent and treasure to produce the compendium of knowledge and experience, and to put it into the marketplace, whether it be food, drink or print. Publishing a magazine, like opening and running restaurants, is an undertaking that is highly competitive, expensive, and fraught with risk and frustration, while principals are trying mightily to please as many people as possible. It is of course, an impossible goal even though energetically and sincerely pursued. By and large the best one can hope out of either is to earn respect for one's talent, and only slightly more elusive, a respectable if modest living. Nobody forces another to take a seat at the table. But the game is pay to play, or there is no game at all. Just the way it has to be. We all bust our buns to make a living, and we expect that what we do has value and we should be paid for it in some fashion. The Nissan Sport lads are putting out huge effort for compensation that is in the nature of satisfaction with their undertaking and their love for cars and the enthusiast community......it ain't money for sure.....at least not at this stage of the game. If people want to continue to receive the benefit of their efforts and objectivity, which are not opinions bought and sold by big advertisers, it has to be done with subscriptions by people who value what they are doing, just to cover the hard costs out of pocket they incur. I take my hat off to the "Three Daves" for what they have undertaken as a labor of love. And in a very small and insignificant way throw support to them by buying a subscription, and contributing a tiny sliver of knowledge of my own from time to time. Because in return I get twenty times the dividend in new information and perspective that I can get NOWHERE else.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:16 PM
trey's wife

^^^here, here!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by dmkozak
Since the magazines will be publishing the articles on their web sites, if it is, technically, copyright infringement, it might only be "premature" copyright infringement.

The difference is that Nissan Sport does not give any indication it will ever publish this article on-line. I, for one, would be more inclined to subscibe to the magazine if I had some idea of the content and where the writers and editor were coming from. Without seeing anything first hand, I will probably assume this magazine will only mention the positives, never bring up the negatives and only give its readers a sugarcoated view of the cars. Since the publisher won't make it easy for me to be proven wrong, I will probably never subscribe to the magazine because I don't want the tunnel vision perspective of a captive audience magazine. It's a pity they will lose opportunities to pick up subscribers by making it so difficult for people to see what they have to offer.
I am a new subscriber and expect to have my initial copy delivered soon. I'm interested to see the perspective the journalists provide. As someone who worked in publishing for over 20 years I can understand why Nissan Sport is taking the stance they are at least in the early years of their life.

I hear what you say to that end but I take a little different viewpoint. Perhaps it's just a different motivation. As an Infiniti owner and enthusiast I'm interested in learning the most about Nissan and Infiniti. Mods, what works and doesn't, what's coming down the pipe etc. I hope the mag fits that bill. I'll still be reviewing all the mainstream mags to read various opinions on the cars I'm interested in so I can get that "perceived unbiased opinion".

It seems it doesn't matter what they have to offer to you since you have already decided it will be a tunnel vision perspective that won't interest you. No doubt there are many that have that same philosophy. It still remains to be seen but as someone with a media background I doubt we'll only be reading exclusively positive attributes of all Nissan products.

In any event I'll post my thoughts on the mag for those that care.

Last edited by RBull; 08-03-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 AM
overdrve

Has anyone in California received their copies yet? I've been waiting for mine to arrive checking my mailbox every day. However, no magazine yet. I understand that CA is pretty much as far west as you can go besides Hawaii, but some people have gotten their copies nearly 2 weeks ago now. Did my neighbor steal it? Any ideas?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Eagle1

I finally received mine today.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:15 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
In any event I'll post my thoughts on the mag for those that care.
I care! Any thoughts yet?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Nissan Sport ed

Alrighty, we've listened and started a new risk-free trial to Nissan Sport. If you don't like the magazine, we'll refund your subscription in full and you can keep the issue for free. Details: www.nissansportmag.com

Dave Bexfield (G35 owner)
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport
editor@nissansportmag.com
Old 08-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by Nissan Sport ed
Alrighty, we've listened and started a new risk-free trial to Nissan Sport. If you don't like the magazine, we'll refund your subscription in full and you can keep the issue for free. Details: www.nissansportmag.com

Dave Bexfield (G35 owner)
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport
editor@nissansportmag.com
Wow, Dave, I have never ever seen a magazine stand up like that for a subscription satisfaction. Cojones bigger than bocci *****. Certainly ends any grumpster threads about sharing content. Kudos to NSM. Doubt Motor Trend or Car and Driver will ever do such a thing.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:31 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by dkmura
I care! Any thoughts yet?
Thanks. I meant after I receive the magazine. It's probably coming by horse and buggy here to Nova Scotia. LOL
Old 08-11-2007, 08:49 AM
bosssho

Originally Posted by Nissan Sport ed
The new issue should be in stores any day now. Hopefully subscribers will start seeing the issue as well. The staff got the hot-off-the-press issues over a week ago--c'mon USPS! BTW, to the person who asked who was the G35Driver featured car, um, let's just say I recommend you get a subscription....

-Dave
Dave O...it sounds like you are changing your tune when it comes to the new G35 Sedan and moreso with the coupe...

If I were you, I wouldn't go trading in that mint Sedan of yours any time soon...I think that says enough.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:22 PM
trey's wife

Originally Posted by bosssho
Dave O...it sounds like you are changing your tune when it comes to the new G35 Sedan and moreso with the coupe...

If I were you, I wouldn't go trading in that mint Sedan of yours any time soon...I think that says enough.
That's not DaveO you quoted in your post. There are 3 Dave's at Nissan Sport (that I know of!) LOL
Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Nissan Sport ed

There are so many Daves--three of the five partners at Nissan Sport are Daves--that it can get pretty confusing. We can't always keep it straight! We've resorted to nicknames: DaveO or just "O" for Ochenreider, Bex for Bexfield, and Moto for Muramoto.

-Bex
Old 08-12-2007, 03:51 PM
DaveO

Hey John...

give me a call if you get the time.

Originally Posted by bosssho

Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by DaveO
give me a call if you get the time.
Yes sir.

I will call you one of these days or at least email ya...I was meaning to do that, but this is so much quicker and things have been nuts! Just got a new Armada for the little lady so I am trolling the Titan Forums for all the mods...

Quick Reply: New Nissan Sport Magazine-Infiniti G37 cover and performance review