Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Nissan Sport Magazine-Infiniti G37 cover and performance review

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:37 PM
N50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stefanzo911
3.7 on a V6 is as far as they can go, next up is either turbo, maybe dual, supercharged or the M3 approach: a spanking new V8!!! or I'll just mate it with a V12 from Bentley.
Would you knock it off! We know you love Bentley!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:07 PM
LudwigB

Originally Posted by maxpower
got mine 7/26
What is the conclusion then? Won't you mind sharing?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
trey's wife

Still haven't gotten ours. I am beginning to wonder if it is really on it's way or if it has gotten lost somewhere from there to here.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:21 PM
RBull

Me too. No doubt we Canadians will be well behind unless Nissan Sport has a powerful dog sled to get it here fast.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Why is it that people who have said that they have gotten it not say one thing about the G37? lol.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:03 PM
stefanzo911

Originally Posted by N50
Would you knock it off! We know you love Bentley!
Yes I do and for good reasons - I drove a few in the past as a chauffeur. Twin Turbos is their trademark since the mid-80's. Pure Class!
Bentley is like a Rolls on steroids.
Latest Continental GT is a masterpiece, car is in a different league but is still somewhat cheaper than many current exotics.

I'm just feeling so indisposed to be driving a measly G35...
Old 07-28-2007, 12:37 AM
N50

Originally Posted by stefanzo911
Yes I do and for good reasons - I drove a few in the past as a chauffeur. Twin Turbos is their trademark since the mid-80's. Pure Class!
Bentley is like a Rolls on steroids.
Latest Continental GT is a masterpiece, car is in a different league but is still somewhat cheaper than many current exotics.

I'm just feeling so indisposed to be driving a measly G35...
Actually, I don't blame you. There is a gentleman that stops in my shop every now and again who onws a Bentley GT. I can't help but drool all over it when I see it. It's not even the design of the car per se (I prefer Aston design over Bentley)...it's the whole package. It's a thing of beauty. *sigh* But I digress...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:12 AM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Back on topic- it appears that the USPS is making progress. Some western states have had mags delivered. It looks like the east coast is getting there as well. What is amazing is that the printer is based in Kentucky and we still haven't had many reports of southern states getting their subscriptions!

How about all our subscibers up north? Please post up if you got your issue and let us know what you think of it!

David Muramoto
Editor-In-Chief
Nissan Sport Magazine
Old 07-30-2007, 11:08 AM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
We're at the end of the month and I'm hoping all our subscribers have seen their polybagged mags arrive. Can anybody else chime in? What did you think of the G37 review?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:37 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I did receive my issue this past Friday, and I have to say that I thought it was very well written and gave alot of detail about the actual drivers experience from different perspectives, and the pictures were very nice. Overall, the issue was great, and makes me want my G37 even more, keep up the good work guys!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
LudwigB

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I did receive my issue this past Friday, and I have to say that I thought it was very well written and gave alot of detail about the actual drivers experience from different perspectives, and the pictures were very nice. Overall, the issue was great, and makes me want my G37 even more, keep up the good work guys!
What is the conclusion?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
myG35ZX

I must say that this issue is the best to date (in recent memory at least). I would like to see the magazine buy some testing equipment and begin their own performance data collection in lieu of relying on other publications.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Orbie

Originally Posted by LudwigB
What is the conclusion?
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Why is it that people who have said that they have gotten it not say one thing about the G37? lol.
I love how this question is being avoided like the plague in this thread. We can only assume the verdict must be really bad for the G37, since people can't possibly think that by sharing the conclusion Nissan Sport won't sell magazines. If that was the case the mainstream mags would be bankrupt by now. I've never read Nissan Sport before but personally I would hope that the mag has some decent writing and pictures for this review and not just a conclusion, the former being the reason most people buy car mags in the first place.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by Orbie
I love how this question is being avoided like the plague in this thread. We can only assume the verdict must be really bad for the G37, since people can't possibly think that by sharing the conclusion Nissan Sport won't sell magazines. If that was the case the mainstream mags would be bankrupt by now. I've never read Nissan Sport before but personally I would hope that the mag has some decent writing and pictures for this review and not just a conclusion, the former being the reason most people buy car mags in the first place.
There are SIX different driver reviews on the G37 in the issue. The performance review is mine. (the only reason I got to do this one is that DaveM torqued his knee skiing, and after my exploration of thresh hold braking with DaveO in the passenger seat, it could very well be the last time any Nissan product not owned outright by me will be put into my hands!) You will have to decide if you think the writing is decent, but the pictures are by Mike Maez, and he is awesome! As for the conclusion on the review; sorry but I had to promise not to leak any info as the price of admission to being chosen to serve as a test driver. I got paid zero for the gig, and made a point of not reading any reviews or specs on the car until AFTER the test drive and preparation of the initial draft of the article. I am very happy to tell you that the performance differences of the G37 that were noticeable, were in fact the result of specific changes the engineers at Nissan made, and that is a huge relief to me, because I noticed a LOT of changes compared to the G35.
You will all make your conclusions on your own most important criteria to yourselves, but it is my view that the overall treatment and review by the collective SIX authors that got their hands on the car, is the most informative and direct evaluation to date.

if you want to get some of the writing that is for the enthusiasts that take the G to the race track, check out the website for an Enkei Racing Wheels sponsored article on how to drive Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway, and the video clip taken from the G35 for a couple of laps. www.nissansportmag.com
Old 07-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Orbie

Thanks Eagle1, that is the most informative/useful post in this thread to date. Thanks for sharing your insight on the article.

Quick Reply: New Nissan Sport Magazine-Infiniti G37 cover and performance review