G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 in my driveway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:25 AM
importroller

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
every car becomes outdated at some point. thats just the business. newer is suppose to be better. im sure the 1st gen G37 will be redesigned and the it will be much cleaner as different years come.

but even with the first gen G35s, i remember when i mentioned on this site a few years ago that my girl didnt like the tails, so many of you jumped on her thoughts saying she shouldnt have bought the car, etc, etc...and now look, everyone is changing their tails in some form, or using overlays.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Although the G37's rear isnt ugly, it isnt crazily eye catching either...they shoulda just kept it this way

Old 07-18-2007, 09:14 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Orbie
At first there were many things I didn't like about the G37's design, the taillights were #1, but they were that way on the G coupe Concept as well. They stayed virtually unchanged from the concept which didn't make me happy, at least they didn't use the pulling teeth style of the exhausts from the concept, looks like if I stuck a pointer finger in each side of your mouth and stretched it horizontally.

I liked everything else about the G37 especially the front, the bumper makes no difference to me as the standard two slit made the car like too pointy (as on the concept). But when I saw the G35 and G37 comparison photos for the first time, it really does make the G35 look outdated and dull in comparison. I like the lines of the G37 as it gives it some definition. If anything the 37 looks leaner and defined to me, the G35 although classy looks kind of matte and bulbous in comparison. One needs to look no further than the side door to see this, the 37 has a nice character line, with a nice deeply creased side sill that gives the door a lot of definition. The G35 looks rather plain and flat in comparison.

Hurts me to say that too, because I've owned my G35C for a while and really love the overall look of it. The G37 is a definite improvement for me as I am slowly getting over the rear as more pictures are released.
Welcome to the board Orbie! Awesome post, I agree with everything you said, very nicely stated!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Orbie
At first there were many things I didn't like about the G37's design, the taillights were #1, but they were that way on the G coupe Concept as well. They stayed virtually unchanged from the concept which didn't make me happy, at least they didn't use the pulling teeth style of the exhausts from the concept, looks like if I stuck a pointer finger in each side of your mouth and stretched it horizontally.

I liked everything else about the G37 especially the front, the bumper makes no difference to me as the standard two slit made the car like too pointy (as on the concept). But when I saw the G35 and G37 comparison photos for the first time, it really does make the G35 look outdated and dull in comparison. I like the lines of the G37 as it gives it some definition. If anything the 37 looks leaner and defined to me, the G35 although classy looks kind of matte and bulbous in comparison. One needs to look no further than the side door to see this, the 37 has a nice character line, with a nice deeply creased side sill that gives the door a lot of definition. The G35 looks rather plain and flat in comparison.

Hurts me to say that too, because I've owned my G35C for a while and really love the overall look of it. The G37 is a definite improvement for me as I am slowly getting over the rear as more pictures are released.
Great post there. +1
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think that it would've been really awesome if Infiniti kept the design somehow with the concept of having the dual exhausts integrated with the rear bumper.... like how Lexus has it with the Lexus LS.