G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 in my driveway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:43 AM
importroller

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
something about those taillights need to go. I dont know if its the shape, or the shade of red. reminds me of a 6th gen maxima with a handle on them. i didnt feel like reading the whole thread on either forums, can anyone tell me how he got the car. All i saw was that it was a media car, but I have no clue what that means

Last edited by importroller; 07-17-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
dyenboy

man...the rear is jus killing the car..
Old 07-17-2007, 12:41 PM
ABQG35c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say the Lexus IS-F will give this car a run for its money. But then, does that car go up against the BMW M3 (08) or the G37...?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:42 PM
ABQG35c

All personal opinion here. I personally didnt like the car when I first saw it. But the more and more pictures that surface with the different offered colors, have made me have a change of heart. Especially the IP pictures posted.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:43 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by DRAGMODE
Those headlights look nice like that, but they scream Lexus GS

Old 07-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Scootch

interior is mint, but im not feeling the exterior, i like my current G =0/
Old 07-17-2007, 01:12 PM
DRAGMODE

Originally Posted by chilibowl
Those headlights look nice like that, but they scream Lexus GS
yeah, I was just messing around with the photoshop. it's still the stock headlights. (just covered up a bit) I figured someone would make an eyelid or something so they don't look so swept back. I don't know what to say about the tail lights though. yuck.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:13 PM
ABQG35c

They also scream Benz. I think they're fine. Throw some more headlights on it and see what happens lol
Old 07-17-2007, 01:17 PM
benbo5

To me its looking more girlish than ever. Trust me I like curves on a woman but not on this car.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
lightspeed

Originally Posted by importroller
something about those taillights need to go. I dont know if its the shape, or the shade of red.
Although I like the car and am buying one, what I'm not crazy about is this one aesthetic "mistake": on the G35's profile, the rear quarter panel sheetmetal extends right back to the top corner of the rear deck and the taillight is under the sheetmetal up in this corner. This makes the rear of the car look longer because there's an unbroken line swooping rearward from the roof and down the C-pillar to the top-back "corner" of the car.

In contrast, on the G37's side profile, the forward edge of the taillight abruptly cuts the sheetmetal just behind the gas tank cover. I think this messes up the line swooping back from the roof and visually cuts it short, and droops this otherwise strong line downward with the leading edge of the taillight. It's the unintentional bending of this important character line that I dislike.

I knew something bothered me about this right away, but I had to study it a while before I could articulate it.
That said, I'm still buying the car!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:33 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^^more importantly, I wonder if those G's got tickets for parking in the handicapped spaces?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:37 PM
lightspeed

lol double parking in 'em too...
Old 07-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I wonder where that's located... maybe an Infiniti building?
Old 07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
stefanzo911

Originally Posted by lightspeed
Although I like the car and am buying one, what I'm not crazy about is this one aesthetic "mistake": on the G35's profile, the rear quarter panel sheetmetal extends right back to the top corner of the rear deck and the taillight is under the sheetmetal up in this corner. This makes the rear of the car look longer because there's an unbroken line swooping rearward from the roof and down the C-pillar to the top-back "corner" of the car.

In contrast, on the G37's side profile, the forward edge of the taillight abruptly cuts the sheetmetal just behind the gas tank cover. I think this messes up the line swooping back from the roof and visually cuts it short, and droops this otherwise strong line downward with the leading edge of the taillight. It's the unintentional bending of this important character line that I dislike.

I knew something bothered me about this right away, but I had to study it a while before I could articulate it.
That said, I'm still buying the car!

You couldn't have said it better compadre, the 1st Gen. G was a hit and the sequel although improved can't measure up in the design department. Lines aren't as "free-flowing" think as more "crowded" or "bulkier" and less "lean".

The car is far from ugly overall but lacks the "boyish charm" of the original.
Think of it as the first Austin Powers (The G35) then if not for mini-me (330 HP, new dash), the sequel (G37)would have been a dud.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:07 AM
Orbie

At first there were many things I didn't like about the G37's design, the taillights were #1, but they were that way on the G coupe Concept as well. They stayed virtually unchanged from the concept which didn't make me happy, at least they didn't use the pulling teeth style of the exhausts from the concept, looks like if I stuck a pointer finger in each side of your mouth and stretched it horizontally.

I liked everything else about the G37 especially the front, the bumper makes no difference to me as the standard two slit made the car like too pointy (as on the concept). But when I saw the G35 and G37 comparison photos for the first time, it really does make the G35 look outdated and dull in comparison. I like the lines of the G37 as it gives it some definition. If anything the 37 looks leaner and defined to me, the G35 although classy looks kind of matte and bulbous in comparison. One needs to look no further than the side door to see this, the 37 has a nice character line, with a nice deeply creased side sill that gives the door a lot of definition. The G35 looks rather plain and flat in comparison.

Hurts me to say that too, because I've owned my G35C for a while and really love the overall look of it. The G37 is a definite improvement for me as I am slowly getting over the rear as more pictures are released.

Quick Reply: G37 in my driveway!!!