G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 in my driveway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 PM
muscarel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ I think that is the condensation that is on them. They're fogged up.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by muscarel
^^ I think that is the condensation that is on them. They're fogged up.
+1
Old 07-15-2007, 08:04 PM
steve21
wtf? whats this line for?

^^^+2
Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Spiike

oh wow. never even noticed that. Good call.
+3
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 AM
LudwigB

More feedback from the G37S drivers:
Originally Posted by ZSPDR94
Got some more feedback after a weekend of crusing.

A lot of vibration through the shifter, very surprising for a car of this caliber. Hopefully this is a pre-production flaw.
Still not that fond of the clutch takeup, still difficult to drive smoothly. For the resord, I've never owned an automatic transmission car and have been driving manuls for nearly 20 years.
No issues on the comfort front as I found it an enjoyable and user friendly cabin. I thought the materials and fit and finish were done very well.
I don't think I could become bored of hearing that engine note on acceleration.
It is broken in, with over 6,500 miles and is well isolated at high speeds.
I really haven't paid attention to MPG, but crusing was at 70mp was reporting about 22-24 mpg. I don't think it would be fair of me to judge it with my very varied driving.
To short a time to really judge paint chipping, but nothing but bugs on the front-end and grille.
There's a neat sliding cover in the center console that is good for your sunglasses, cell phone and stuff that even has a moveable divider. The console storage is small, but you iPod connection and other ports are in there along with a very lame cupholder. If you're like, me, who care about cupholders. Seriously, though, there will be more than a few that complain about the cupholderote the singular use of cup holder.
The car looks just as good in person as it does in pictures, but my one peeve is that I liked the more aggressive, split lower front fasica of the concept to the generic smile on this car.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:02 AM
ABQG35c

So those connections in the center console are for... what? They're AV so does the screen play video? what's the deal?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 AM
muscarel

So far, all great things except for the vibration bit. I really hope Infiniti has resolved that. I can't see why they would go another round with the same vibration. Since it's been mentioned in other reviews that the vibrations have been minimized/eliminated - I'll assume this was a pre-production issue (for now).

The one thing that I loved about my G was that exhaust sound. All the comparos we've been doing with other cars and that rarely came up.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 AM
LudwigB

Originally Posted by muscarel
So far, all great things except for the vibration bit. I really hope Infiniti has resolved that. I can't see why they would go another round with the same vibration. Since it's been mentioned in other reviews that the vibrations have been minimized/eliminated - I'll assume this was a pre-production issue (for now).

The one thing that I loved about my G was that exhaust sound. All the comparos we've been doing with other cars and that rarely came up.
I was at Stillen G37 showing and asked the Nissan Sport editor about the shifting vibration, but he told me that it is "completely gone". I wonder if the "driveway" G37 has a preproduction gear box (though it's hard to imagine since we are only a few weeks from the official release).
Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^That G has over 6,000 miles on it. I think it's been around the block a few times....
Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Nismo G

Yeah, that thing has a serious 4x4 problem! I bet it will look good if it is dropped. I still think the tail lights look like a giant poop.

-Sean
Old 07-16-2007, 01:05 PM
ghost30

Would someone care to chop the first two pics? I'd like to see those same pics about 1.5 inches lower.

Personally, I still think the car is too soft. And does look a bit feminine. No offense, just my personal opinion of these pictures. I think a drop would suit the car well. Which brings to question.. would you really want to gut your brand new g37's already great suspension, just to give it a drop with some teins or tokicos?

If I was in the market for getting this car I'd have to drop it. But I'd be somewhat frustrated.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:09 PM
ABQG35c

Here's one for you that someone did for me on G35Frenzy.com

And here's some others from different people.

And my personal favorite..

Old 07-16-2007, 01:13 PM
DRAGMODE

Old 07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
bostonmerlin

nothing against your photochop skills.. but there should be a law against anyone who mods a nice looking car into something that looks like those pictures.. some cars should be left alone as all they do is bring down the cars value. you might as well put a 10ft whale tail on it.. add a chain steering wheel and slap **** carpet on the dash.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LudwigB
I was at Stillen G37 showing and asked the Nissan Sport editor about the shifting vibration, but he told me that it is "completely gone". I wonder if the "driveway" G37 has a preproduction gear box (though it's hard to imagine since we are only a few weeks from the official release).
How about the on-off clutch action the original poster complained of? Any word from the Nissan Sport editor about this? The original poster says the clutch makes it almost impossible to drive the car smoothly. I am beyond hoping, I am on my knees praying, that this pre-production car does not have the reportedly improved clutch and shifter.

Quick Reply: G37 in my driveway!!!