Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Who loves the G37??? I do...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Potty_Pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37 not a big fan.

I couldnt see waiting till Sept & spending msrp on a g37.
When i could get a 335i at 1k over invoice.

I still recommend the G to people, cant deny it's the best bang for the buck.

do I still stare at my neighbors newly purchased 2005 coupe.. hell yah its a beautiful car.

do I think my car is better... I know it is.

I'll leave the other comments out... i've made them before and infiniti will resolve most of them in the following years

ppp
Old 07-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Comatose

Just curious, since your car is better than the G37, what about the 335i makes it better than your car?

Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
g37 not a big fan.

I couldnt see waiting till Sept & spending msrp on a g37.
When i could get a 335i at 1k over invoice.

I still recommend the G to people, cant deny it's the best bang for the buck.

do I still stare at my neighbors newly purchased 2005 coupe.. hell yah its a beautiful car.

do I think my car is better... I know it is.

I'll leave the other comments out... i've made them before and infiniti will resolve most of them in the following years

ppp
Old 07-07-2007, 02:54 PM
WaLLy
Fuk What These Hoes Think

I do! Wish it had Twins in it though! or at least just one lol
Old 07-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by Comatose
Just curious, since your car is better than the G37, what about the 335i makes it better than your car?
Personally, what made me decide the G37 was styling, technology, and my brother is getting the 335i.

Performance = BMW
Styling and Tech = G37

Do I think my car is better than the 335i? Of course I do... because it looks a lot better both inside and out. Everyone has their different opinions and OWNERS will of course be biased towards the car that they own.

At the end... it's all subjective (unless you only care about how it performs... then we can get into the arguement of finding faster cars than the 335i at the same price point).

Last edited by Yimbie; 07-07-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:34 PM
creationG

90% of the performance of a 335i at 80% of the price.
Or 85% of an M3 at 75% of the price.

I'm definitely getting one
Old 07-07-2007, 10:27 PM
kxnkxnkxn

as a general consumer, i only came to a few forums to read up on what you all think of the g37 and its funny how you "car enthusiasts" compare more on performance rather than the overall quality of the car itself. we GENERAL PUBLIC people who just want to be informed make up more than what... 85% of the market? compared to you enthusiasts? first off, these forums have quite alot of members, but think of this for a sec. there is about 52,000 accounts registered for these forums. if you were to notice the amount of peopel that actually post g37 topics, it is raelly probably the same 100 people. the other what... 10,000 constant visitors jsut read, dont write, and probably dont own the car, and dont plan to becuase they own otehr cars and just want to hear updates/comparisons with their cars (whatever they may be).

if you car enthusiasts are saying the g37 is gonna suck because OH NO IT LOST TO 335 BY 1 second to this or some stuff about its weight and power, what makes you think that us general consumers care about that?
i am buying one because
it looks nice and has things i look for in a car, just as any general person would. (and if it looks feminine or ugly from its predecessor, that is only because it's in YOUR enthusiast eyes, which is probably about 1% of the g market)

please, go ask any random person on the street that does not know much about cars like myself and just wants a nice luxurious sports coupe if they would turn down a g37 when given the price compared to a bmw 335. sorry but 10k for performance when i am asking for a better interior and just having a good time in my car when no one else is gonna care, i highly doubt my decision would change on buying this car just because the same 40 people are saying "g37 sucks because it looks uglier and weaker to g35 blah blah blah"

enthusiasts in the forums spend too much time thinking about their own cars and comparing to newer cars that they don't realize that whatever they say does not mean anything to people that actually look for comfort, and overall quality.

maybe i am wrong. maybe all you forum people really all are millionaires and care about what you drive so much that forums is your only way of telling the same 500 people that respond how much your car is better than ours (the average joe) and we should really listen to you guys!

then again, i highly doubt you people realize how little performance means to us people because you are still stuck in your 0-60 world. i am sorry.

i currently own a truck and am looking forward to my g37.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by kxnkxnkxn
as a general consumer, i only came to a few forums to read up on what you all think of the g37 and its funny how you "car enthusiasts" compare more on performance rather than the overall quality of the car itself. we GENERAL PUBLIC people who just want to be informed make up more than what... 85% of the market? compared to you enthusiasts? first off, these forums have quite alot of members, but think of this for a sec. there is about 52,000 accounts registered for these forums. if you were to notice the amount of peopel that actually post g37 topics, it is raelly probably the same 100 people. the other what... 10,000 constant visitors jsut read, dont write, and probably dont own the car, and dont plan to becuase they own otehr cars and just want to hear updates/comparisons with their cars (whatever they may be).

if you car enthusiasts are saying the g37 is gonna suck because OH NO IT LOST TO 335 BY 1 second to this or some stuff about its weight and power, what makes you think that us general consumers care about that?
i am buying one because
it looks nice and has things i look for in a car, just as any general person would. (and if it looks feminine or ugly from its predecessor, that is only because it's in YOUR enthusiast eyes, which is probably about 1% of the g market)

please, go ask any random person on the street that does not know much about cars like myself and just wants a nice luxurious sports coupe if they would turn down a g37 when given the price compared to a bmw 335. sorry but 10k for performance when i am asking for a better interior and just having a good time in my car when no one else is gonna care, i highly doubt my decision would change on buying this car just because the same 40 people are saying "g37 sucks because it looks uglier and weaker to g35 blah blah blah"

enthusiasts in the forums spend too much time thinking about their own cars and comparing to newer cars that they don't realize that whatever they say does not mean anything to people that actually look for comfort, and overall quality.

maybe i am wrong. maybe all you forum people really all are millionaires and care about what you drive so much that forums is your only way of telling the same 500 people that respond how much your car is better than ours (the average joe) and we should really listen to you guys!

then again, i highly doubt you people realize how little performance means to us people because you are still stuck in your 0-60 world. i am sorry.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you onboard.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:33 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by kxnkxnkxn

i am buying one because

Awesome post man and welcome to the board, I could not have said it better myself. Like you I love the G37 and think it is amazing, which is why I have one on order.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:16 PM
WasabiPossum

Great post "kxnkxnkxnt!" The reality of the practical world. I am one of those "practical enthusiasts" that will be getting the new G because it is WHAT I LIKE!

But most of us enthusiastic types love to speculate and yakitty-yakk about cars ... it is fun and a part of being a car nut ... some folks just get carried away with opinions and flames ... this Forum is MILD ... you should visit some of the Honda forums!! ... unreal BS and flames often the norm ... no thanks.

BTW, many enthusiasts scrape, scrimp and save just to be able to have a car like a nice G ... sometimes we don't have two nickels to rub together ... "SO great is our passion!"
Old 07-07-2007, 11:17 PM
bostonmerlin

ditto.. welcome to the forum.. as far as those other members who go out of their way to visit a forum which centers around a car they "dont" like is beyond me.... maybe i'm missing something.

maybe i should visit a dodge neon forum sometime.. i'm bored... and i hate those cars.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
ditto.. welcome to the forum.. as far as those other members who go out of their way to visit a forum which centers around a car they "dont" like is beyond me.... maybe i'm missing something.

maybe i should visit a dodge neon forum sometime.. i'm bored... and i hate those cars.
same

why come to a car forum you don't like? it's like me going to the 335i forums just to talk trash about it
Old 07-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yimbie
same

why come to a car forum you don't like? it's like me going to the 335i forums just to talk trash about it
I agree. Coming to a car site just to talk bad about a car to make yourself feel better about your own car is beyond me.

But I can't help but think that KXN was degrading all of us by saying that we all care only about 0-60 numbers. Yes we may be car enthusiasts because we enjoy cars more than the average consumer. But not all of us degrade other vehicles solely on magazine reviews and track numbers. A majority of us are just like you. We actually care about buying a great all around car, not just a quick 0-60 car. So maybe you just read some of the wrong topics. Yes it does suck that we cannot ever have a good topic and discussion about the new G37 without someone coming in to give their opinion on how much they dont like it. We would all have to agree with you that we really dont care because the more independent ones of us will continue to buy the care because we like it, and that "peer pressure" will not jade us from buying what we want. This is what makes the car market so different. Otherwise we would all own the same car because other people say that we should. Then none of us would like it. So please dont think bad of the forums because of 20% of the posters. I just with those other 50,000 registered users would stop reading and start writing.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by Heat
I agree. Coming to a car site just to talk bad about a car to make yourself feel better about your own car is beyond me.

Yes it does suck that we cannot ever have a good topic and discussion about the new G37 without someone coming in to give their opinion on how much they dont like it.
That's so true. lol I'm just waiting until the car actually comes out... a lot of people here will not be here once there are a lot of owners on this forum. Just look at the 2007 G35 sedan forum before and after. People talk trash about it before and look what it is now... I dont see posts about how much someone dislikes it.