G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Who loves the G37??? I do...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Haz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the g37 is nice just think about the mods that will come out for it. Little things like putting 2 cold air intakes will make a big diff in power. Throw some 20's on it. The car will be pimp cant wait to get mine
Old 07-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Hey welcome to the forums, Haz.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Haz

thx man
Old 07-05-2007, 04:51 PM
SC G

I like it a lot, but I don't think I'll consider ordering one until the prices come siginficantly off of MSRP. Also, if I hear that the sedan will get the 3.7, big brakes and 19" wheels, I'd seriously consider the sedan over the coupe.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well its been about a day since someone started another thread about how much they like or dislike the G37 so I guess this one was due.

Last edited by Kidcane; 07-05-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
andy2434

Eddie,

I totally agree with you on your take of things.

The new G37, love it or leave it, is what it is. This is the start of a new generation of Infiniti G's. Every model year has its ups and downs.

Noting that, the G will continue to command its share of the market and establish itself further along.

Congrats to those of you whom have decided to take the plunge . . . Enjoy!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by THMotorsports
IM just trying to steer away from the BMW vs. Infiniti magazine discussion. Its not like they are even 50% Bias.
+++++111111

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Yeah, I thought about that too before placing my order. However, for me personally, waiting who knows how long to save 1 to 1.5K on a car, if that, is not worth putting my life on hold. Each person has to decide if that small amount is important to them or not. Plus my dealer is installing some stuff free of charge, so in my case, that makes up for the difference. You just have to think it through and make your decision. Like you, I am not hung up on the 0-60, the G37 will be more than quick enough for me. Good luck man!!
Its definitely not worth it for me. They barely drop in price when they do. And my dealer here is stingy as it is. 5.5 in 0-60 in quick enough for me too. If I wanted power from a V8 than I would have bought one. (Still plan on getting it down to 5, put no real hurry)

Lookin forwardto the good time. 6 weeks!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:32 PM
muscarel

not sure about the g37, but in the nyc metro area, dealers weren't budging one nickel a year after the g35 6mt (autos yes) came out. I wanted to do vpp, and had to go into new jersey to get a dealer who would accept vpp on a 6-speed.

If you're looking for a 6-speed, I wouldn't bother waiting to save $1,000. Life's too short. Get what you want and don't look back.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:00 PM
da45king

no luv yet....the 04 still loox better...especially with the bembros...might be better served to save for an aps turbo instead of a down payment on "miss piggy".
Old 07-06-2007, 06:18 PM
SimpleSlate

I'd let the car speak for itself. Infiniti of Kirkland (Seattle) is already pre-selling the second shipment that's due in October.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:43 PM
bostonmerlin

i spent the week with my wife and son in the hamptons off of Long Island, NY. one morning while having breakfast this guy and his daughter pulls up front (We're eating outside) in his silver 2005 g35 coupe. I gave him a thumbs up on the car (as any G coupe owner should to another) and mentioned i had a g37 on order.. he was shocked.. never heard of it.. and pinned me down with question after question. Said he loved his G wished for a few a changes. I showed him a pic of the g37 on my new iPhone "name drop".. his reaction was "holy sh*t" what a nice looking ride.

No point with this post.. only to say most people dont know about the g37.. and to be honest.. i kind of wished i wasnt that 1% whos done nothing but pick apart the new g37 via pictures alone. I have no regrets about ordering the new g and i cant wait for this forum to lean on the side of current/future owners. The discussions for me will be much more enjoyable and informative.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
No point with this post.. only to say most people dont know about the g37.. and to be honest.. i kind of wished i wasnt that 1% whos done nothing but pick apart the new g37 via pictures alone. I have no regrets about ordering the new g and i cant wait for this forum to lean on the side of current/future owners. The discussions for me will be much more enjoyable and informative.
I completely agree with what you've said.

I've mentioned the G37 to several people with all of them thinking that I made a mistake and thought I meant the G35. My brother who has the G35 coupe was shocked also when I mentioned the G37... his response was pretty much "The G37?!? Why did they change the name? Can I see what it looks like?"

This forum will change in due time when the car actually comes out. Since it isn't out, then people will continue to do what they're doing now, which is understandable. Just look at the 2007 G35 sedan forums and compare to how it was BEFORE the release and to what it is today. You don't see people in those forums today going "Oh the 2007 G35 sedan is hideous and ugly and these are all the problems with it..." because now there are many, many owners of that car on those forums. I too am waiting for the G37 forums to become like the 2007 G35 sedan forums... which I'm sure will come and many of these people will not be on these G37 forums anymore... thankfully.

Last edited by Yimbie; 07-06-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Sukairain

I would most definitely love the G37...... if the G35 or G Concept didn't exist. If I didn't own the G35 Coupe though, I'd buy the G37 over its competitors.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:41 PM
muscarel

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i spent the week with my wife and son in the hamptons off of Long Island, NY. one morning while having breakfast this guy and his daughter pulls up front (We're eating outside) in his silver 2005 g35 coupe. I gave him a thumbs up on the car (as any G coupe owner should to another) and mentioned i had a g37 on order.. he was shocked.. never heard of it.. and pinned me down with question after question. Said he loved his G wished for a few a changes. I showed him a pic of the g37 on my new iPhone "name drop".. his reaction was "holy sh*t" what a nice looking ride.

Like I told Yimbie - they'll all be complaining while you're driving around in your new car. Enjoy it. Things will change around here soon enough....
Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, once you start driving around in it, people will definitely notice so you better be up on your knowledge about it because I am sure people will have lots of questions. Then they will prob try to get one on a 3 month waitiing list. Right now I still think it is a bit underground. My friends have no idea what I am talking about (car enthusuiast or not). They still think the G35 as well.

Quick Reply: Who loves the G37??? I do...