Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Does Anyone get Nissan Sport Magazine? G37 Article Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 PM
muscarel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Anyone get Nissan Sport Magazine? G37 Article Inside

Anyone get this magazine that can scan the review?

http://www.nissansportmag.com/lookin...mmer20074.html
Old 07-04-2007, 12:07 AM
lightspeed

I've only seen this teaser...
http://www.nissansportmagazine.com/n...8g37coupe.html
Old 07-04-2007, 02:15 AM
92prelude92

o nice! can't wait to read it. hopefully will be in my mail any day =)
Old 07-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

According to the website... it will be on newsstands in mid July.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:16 AM
muscarel

Let's hope it was a non-4WAS model. It looks like we may not see any road tests without 4WAS.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:22 AM
maxpower

Originally Posted by muscarel
Anyone get this magazine that can scan the review?

http://www.nissansportmag.com/lookin...mmer20074.html

I subscribe and this issue is supposed to ship mid July
Old 07-04-2007, 12:10 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I get this magazine and I think it is awesome, but I have not received this issue yet. Hopefully, it will come pretty soon, because I am excited to see another review!!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:25 PM
mantisG35

i remember the editor saying he didnt feel it was fast
Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Eagle1

The new issue will be released next week.

Dave B, Dave M and Dave O (hereinafter referred to as "The Daves") were very generous to allow me the opportunity to test drive the G37 and write a two pager on the performance attributes of the new coupe, one of six articles devoted to Nissan's new release . It was an exciting opportunity to be sure, and one that I probably did not deserve to have, but for Dave M smacking up his knee in a skiing accident. (one might suspect that Dave M considered just amputating above the knee and strapping on a broomstick so he could still drive it, but that his wife objected). Dave O rode shotgun. Let's just say that as we were going WOT towards a stop, with his right arm pointing forward towards the stop, and his left pulling on my steering arm to get my attention, his confidence in the braking of the new G37 came into direct conflict with his newly found appreciation for life outside of an iron lung. But fortunately the article was written and you may draw from that some conclusions about the performance level of the mechanicals of the new car, my level of judgment at the driving limits of adhesion, Dave O's level of confidence in me as a driver, and the prospects of my ever getting to test drive a Nissan product again........or all four!

There is a new section beginning with this issue entitled "Notorious Turns", which hopefully, if you lads like it, will become a regular feature. It is devoted to a couple of the most infamous and challenging turns of a racing circuit, and dissects how to drive them. There is then a link to the NissanSportMag website with a full blown, corner by corner analysis of the ENTIRE race track, with a track map, and a video link . You will be able to study the map, watch the vid, and read the approach get it down as best you can, in a leisurely way that is hopefully more detailed and instructive than the typical summary descriptions we search out and that, frankly, I found frustrating and of little help to me when I was starting out. This series is sponsored by our friends at Enkei Racing, the suppliers of wheels to the McLaren Mercedes F1 team and the NT03+M wheels I use on my car. The piece is on pages 60-62, and I look forward to your reactions, suggestions etc for future pieces.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Wickedman3000

damn! A twin turboed G37 would be so nice! I wonder how much that would cost
Old 07-09-2007, 06:31 AM
muscarel

Originally Posted by mantisG35
i remember the editor saying he didnt feel it was fast
Mantis,

Do you have a 335 on order? I assume you are the same MantisG35 from bimmerfest?

If so, make sure you post some pics and driving experience once you pick it up. I'm in between, so more info the better.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:27 AM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by muscarel
Mantis,

Do you have a 335 on order? I assume you are the same MantisG35 from bimmerfest?

If so, make sure you post some pics and driving experience once you pick it up. I'm in between, so more info the better.
yah that's me!! who else would pick 'mantis' as a sn?

why dont you test drive? mine is arriving in like 6-8 weeks so it will be a while.
but i'll post info as soon as i have some
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 PM
muscarel

why dont you test drive? mine is arriving in like 6-8 weeks so it will be a while.
I already test drove a 335 sedan 6-speed. I was talking more about longer term experiences. Test drives are too short to see what shortfalls will annoy you 2 months in that you didn't even notice during your 15 minute test drive. Are you getting the NAV? I'd like to see if you find getting around radio controls and the NAV system overly complex once you've lived with it for awhile.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
mantisG35

yah i will be getting the nav which is the same as my family's 5 series nav. the iDrive is not my favorite system, that's for sure.
but i find radio and the entertainment section of the iDrive relatively straight-forward.
what i do not like for sure is navigation itself. how to find POIs, and how to get to certain places. it's just frustrating!
i have yet to use setup navigation correctly before i arrive to destination! usually it takes me to setup navi as long as the drive itself.
I wish they had a touch-screen, but i like that you can change destinations and work with nav fully while driving (forget safety)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:16 AM
N50

Wait...isn't there another 'mantis' on this forum? LOL

Quick Reply: Does Anyone get Nissan Sport Magazine? G37 Article Inside