Still undecided
17.69%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Disappointed Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:18 PM
devellis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mygiantcircle -- I kept the RX-7 stock. There was a time when I was receptive to mods but now I keep them stock. Many cars don't do well -- in one way or another -- with mods. Some, as you say, go belly up, some suck gas like there is no tomorrow, some get quirky. Most mods (at least the ones that come to mind) void the warranty. Again, not against others doing it, but I try to find a car that was engineered to do what I want rather than getting it to that point on my own. Others might be better at doing that than I am!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to say that this car was not so disappointing to me. I wish they would have stuck with the concept more but I am still okay with it. I actually like that the car is lower than the G35 to keep it more on the ground in those tight turns. You can really push the limits in it and not worry about rolling it. This is the perfect car for me. I was not looking for a speedster in the first place. Just enough ponies to hit 0-60 in 5 sec and an all-around fun car that would not get boring within 5 years. I do have to admit, that I do plan on doing simple mods to increasing air intake and exhaust. And especially tuning. Most of you would be suprised at what you can get out of a car from a $300 tuning. I did not expect a powerhouse car to begin with so I am not frayed by the reviews.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 PM
6969g35

do you think with some modding
intake.exhaust/HF cats
the g37 can do 0-60 5.0
Old 07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 6969g35
do you think with some modding
intake.exhaust/HF cats
the g37 can do 0-60 5.0
I would really hope that it would. Although it is already has Ram air. These are the first things that I will be modding as well. I will really be trying to do something about the problems with the launch too. Maybe some fine tuning will take care of that.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:22 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mygiantcircle

this lil 135 how much power is it going to have is it going to have the reg 35 engine which is 300-300

front is nice but back still needs lil help.. which i also stand with the 335i i think ijust have to adjust to the new look

but besides back to g37 yea if i get a g37 which would b in auto i would get the intake/ exhaust n if its not running 5.0 i will b pretty upset so i hope it doess
Old 07-04-2007, 06:42 AM
FAST1

So it looks like nearly half of those who partcipated are either disappointed or slightly disappointed in the G37, 1/3 are happy, and the rest are still undecided.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond. Lots of interesting perspectives. Again my view is that most of us on this forum are performance orientated, so the disappointment number doesn't surprise me, given the mediocre times that have been published so far. I expect that the G37 will be received better in the overall market, and lots of people will be impressed by the 330 HP number, and of course by all of the amenities that the G37 offers.

My recommendation to those who intend buying the G37 is to hesitate a few months. Since I don't expect that there will be a sustained high demand for the G37, discounts will probably be available by December or at the latest early 2008.

Last edited by FAST1; 07-04-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:38 PM
mygiantcircle

Originally Posted by FAST1
My recommendation to those who intend buying the G37 is to hesitate a few months. Since I don't expect that there will be a sustained high demand for the G37, discounts will probably be available by December or at the latest early 2008.
Yah Yimbo! You are ruining it for the rest of us!! Go cancel your order NOW!!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:38 AM
Momo

The new G37 is ugly as hell. Major disapointment. The interior is 10x's nicer than the previous G. But the exterior reeks big time. The bodyline just seems awkward and not areo-dynamic. The car looks more to the conservative side and doesn't have a sporty fanatic edge to it anymore. Oh well, thanks to Nissan I will be saving my $$$ now and spending it somewhere else. If the Acura TL or IS350 comes up with a coupe I am sure to look into it. I like the BMW 335i coupe but way too much $$ for my blood after all the rip-off option packages.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:51 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

So it looks like nearly half of those who partcipated are either disappointed or slightly disappointed in the G37, 1/3 are happy, and the rest are still undecided.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond. Lots of interesting perspectives. Again my view is that most of us on this forum are performance orientated, so the disappointment number doesn't surprise me, given the mediocre times that have been published so far. I expect that the G37 will be received better in the overall market, and lots of people will be impressed by the 330 HP number, and of course by all of the amenities that the G37 offers.

I'd have to say that 1/3 being happy with the car on an enthusiast site is actually more than I expected. I'm positive that to the general luxury sports coupe market there will be many, many more people happy with the G37.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 AM
muscarel

The sedan already sells 4000+ per month, so the demand is there - yet they are still giving 3000+ off MSRP (without even asking). The supply of G37s will be much less than the sedan and that alone will keep the price up.

Bookmark this and we'll check back in March.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Ca$hio
Premier Member

Old 07-06-2007, 11:55 PM
paranormal

im very dissapointed in the g37 they blew us all up with the concept then let us all down with this thing they call the g37 infiniti is going another direction and im sorry but im not going with them!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by paranormal
im very dissapointed in the g37 they blew us all up with the concept then let us all down with this thing they call the g37 infiniti is going another direction and im sorry but im not going with them!
I think you will change your mind when you see it in the street.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 AM
FAST1

So it looks like everyone that was going to vote has voted, and the results are that a little over 50% are either disappointed or slightly disappointed, 31% are happy with the G37, and 18% are still undecided. The 18% who voted undecided surprised me since I expected that number to be much higher since the car hasn't been released yet, but I suppose with all of the preliminary data we have received, especially from a performance perspective, that lots of people feel strongly enough to vote.

I wonder how many of those who voted either disappointed or slightly disappointed will buy the G37. As I already posted I won't buy the G37 because I wanted more of a performance improvement. I wasn't happy with the G35's performance, so why buy another car with similar performance. Please don't take my decision as a slap at the G37 because it's not. I still believe that the G37 will be one of the best looking cars on the road, regardless of price.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:11 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
So it looks like everyone that was going to vote has voted, and the results are that a little over 50% are either disappointed or slightly disappointed, 31% are happy with the G37, and 18% are still undecided. The 18% who voted undecided surprised me since I expected that number to be much higher since the car hasn't been released yet, but I suppose with all of the preliminary data we have received, especially from a performance perspective, that lots of people feel strongly enough to vote.

I wonder how many of those who voted either disappointed or slightly disappointed will buy the G37. As I already posted I won't buy the G37 because I wanted more of a performance improvement. I wasn't happy with the G35's performance, so why buy another car with similar performance. Please don't take my decision as a slap at the G37 because it's not. I still believe that the G37 will be one of the best looking cars on the road, regardless of price.
Everyone has their opinion man. Good luck with whatever car you get in the future.

Quick Reply: Disappointed Poll