Still undecided
17.69%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Disappointed Poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Comatose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't vote, but Im one of those that were dissappointed that the #'s weren't better (who wouldn't be), but it doesn't change my mind on the G37 -- im still getting one.
Honestly, if marginal 0-60 times were such a critical deciding factor on the purchase of a G37 vs 335i, i just cant see anyone "settling" for the G37 when they know a relatively-cheap procede upgrade will set it on a league of its own.
The 335i's are nice, but I dont like how they just dont appear 'unique' compared to its siblings (unlike the M3). In my mind the weaker 32x sedans already dilute the image of the 335i sedans and in general - they just dont catch my attention after seeing so many. Eventually w/ more affordable 32x coupes coming out I think the same will happen. When you see a G on the road, you know it very capable in any trim...
Old 06-29-2007, 08:28 PM
skaterbasist

The 335i Coupe is sweet; those turbos are easily mod-able. But I still prefer the exterior & interior looks of the G37 by far.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:20 PM
FAST1

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
The 335i Coupe is sweet; those turbos are easily mod-able. But I still prefer the exterior & interior looks of the G37 by far.

IMO you can't go wrong with either a G37 or 335. I'd give the edge to the G because of price. Nevertheless, I voted slightly disappointed because I was hoping that Infiniti would make the G37 a sub 5 sec 0/60 car.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:09 PM
caveman666

You'd be smarter to buy the g37 and add twins and blow the doors off the 335 and still have extra money left over. But that's just my opinion. I personally would never buy a coupe either. You lose alot and gain very little these days. Unless you only got 1 friend I guess.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:17 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by caveman666
You'd be smarter to buy the g37 and add twins and blow the doors off the 335 and still have extra money left over. But that's just my opinion. I personally would never buy a coupe either. You lose alot and gain very little these days. Unless you only got 1 friend I guess.
Im sorry, but a fully loaded 6mt sport g37 is gonna be around 40-41, and thats IF you get a deal. To twin turbo a car like the G37 and do it right, you would easily spend 9-12K, Thats 50-53K. A nicely equipped 335i will run you about 47-48K. The new G37 is a hell of a car, best in class for the money and I love it, but the 335i will simply destroy it after a Procede ECU upgrade, and thats about 1200. Tune and exhaust and you could be making 375-400RWHP + . The G37 is a better looking car and interior is much classier, but the 335i has the undoubted upper hand in the performance department. If they can stay reliable and the oil cooler issues can be resolved, they will have theirselves a monster of a car for years to come. If you got the money to go FI on the 37 though , peace peace Germans...
Old 06-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by chilibowl
Im sorry, but a fully loaded 6mt sport g37 is gonna be around 40-41, and thats IF you get a deal. To twin turbo a car like the G37 and do it right, you would easily spend 9-12K, Thats 50-53K. A nicely equipped 335i will run you about 47-48K. The new G37 is a hell of a car, best in class for the money and I love it, but the 335i will simply destroy it after a Procede ECU upgrade, and thats about 1200. Tune and exhaust and you could be making 375-400RWHP + . The G37 is a better looking car and interior is much classier, but the 335i has the undoubted upper hand in the performance department. If they can stay reliable and the oil cooler issues can be resolved, they will have theirselves a monster of a car for years to come. If you got the money to go FI on the 37 though , peace peace Germans...
I completely agree with you. Very nice post.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:51 AM
GBlitz

I'm gonna say I'm a little bit dissapointed. Only because I thought the body would be more muscular looking. From what I've seen from the pics of the G37 looks slimer than the G35. Everything else is awesome.. the interior, the engine. U gotta admit that a normaly aspirated V6 that pumps out about 330+hp is pretty damn good!! What I don't get about the 335i is how come our german buds needed TT's to get 300 hp of a 6 cylinder??? Especially when they already have and angine that can pump out 333hp normaly aspirated!!

I'm not getting rid of my G yet but when that time comes my next choice will be between the G37 and the Audi's A5. I know their V6 is kinda weak (about 265hp) but that coupe is HOT!!! beside's maybe I'll save enough for the S5... who knows!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:18 AM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by GBlitz
I'm gonna say I'm a little bit dissapointed. Only because I thought the body would be more muscular looking. From what I've seen from the pics of the G37 looks slimer than the G35. Everything else is awesome.. the interior, the engine. U gotta admit that a normaly aspirated V6 that pumps out about 330+hp is pretty damn good!! What I don't get about the 335i is how come our german buds needed TT's to get 300 hp of a 6 cylinder??? Especially when they already have and angine that can pump out 333hp normaly aspirated!!

I'm not getting rid of my G yet but when that time comes my next choice will be between the G37 and the Audi's A5. I know their V6 is kinda weak (about 265hp) but that coupe is HOT!!! beside's maybe I'll save enough for the S5... who knows!!!
the S5 will probably be the hottest coupe once it's out man
Old 06-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by GBlitz

The Audi A5 is a beautiful car both inside and out. If you're not satisfied with the Infiniti G37 and BMW 335i then you should definitely take a look at it. The S5 is supposed to come out this December and A5 in early 2008. My dad has a thing against Audis so he wouldn't allow me to get it... or the TT, which I think is really nice also. Anyways, good luck with your purchase!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Pauley

I stiil like the G37 but I don't like how heavy it's getting.It seems every review closer to release the weight increases.I've seen the car in person and feel it's good looking.I'm assuming G37 is the luxury sport coupe(ie:heavy) and nissan 370z is purist sports car(ie:less poundage).We'll see.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Sukairain

Happy with the new engine and interior

So so about the new exterior - some good, some not so good areas

Happy with the estimated price

Not so happy about the extra weight and luxury-softer direction

All in all I think Nissan decided the whole G35 vs 350Z competition made the 350Z look bad, so they want to separate the two brothers further.

370Z will fill in the shoes for the performance enthusiasts.

G37 now stands for luxury, more plush, quiet, smoother riding suspension with nice interior.

Honestly I rather have a 2+2 Z with sexier skin, and as far as interior goes....... my 03 seems perfectly fine. I don't get why people keep bitching about how cheap the inerior of the G35 was - hey, the car wasn't all that expensive to begin with and money went into mechanical engineering. If you want a car that gives you a back massage while warming your coffee then go to a Lexus dealership.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:27 AM
FAST1

All in all I think Nissan decided the whole G35 vs 350Z competition made the 350Z look bad, so they want to separate the two brothers further.

370Z will fill in the shoes for the performance enthusiasts.

G37 now stands for luxury, more plush, quiet, smoother riding suspension with nice interior.

I agree with your assessment. Since IMO this forum has a bent towards performance, I have to believe that Infiniti would be happy with the fact that less than 20% of us are disappointed with the G37. So if you extrapolate our views to the general public, which will be less performance orientated than the members of this forum, that should easily cut the disappointed group in half.

BTW as I was reading the August edition of C&D, I came across a statement that some of the C&D staffers believe that the BMW 335 is the best coupe ever made when everything is considered. So I guess that C&D is tipping their hand in the inevitable matchup between the G37 and 335.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:32 AM
muscarel

I was driving passed a Nissan dealership yesterday and sat in a 350Z. I like it, but it really is more of a sports car. You sit near the ground. The 3-series coupe and my G felt much higher. Great car but the coupes are a bit of a compromise but I prefer them.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:35 AM
muscarel

Originally Posted by AuxNuke
I'm in the same boat as Mantis... Just decided a bit earlier than he did

I went with Sparking Graphite:

Got the 6MT w/ Sport Package. Good luck with your decision, they are both beautiful cars! In fact, I'm looking forward to finding someone with a G37 to photo both cars together.

~Aux
Great looking car, Aux. Checking out the BMW polls - it looks like most people prefer the SG. I think I'd lean more toward the white if I was to get one. Any issues with the "leatherette"? From looks, they seem the same, but I hear people say that they don't breathe well, and are uncomfortable in the summer. Any similar experience. If the sweat thing is not an issue, I'd pass on the premium package, and maybe just get the bluetooth separately. Sport package is a must.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:37 AM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by muscarel
Great looking car, Aux. Checking out the BMW polls - it looks like most people prefer the SG. I think I'd lean more toward the white if I was to get one. Any issues with the "leatherette"? From looks, they seem the same, but I hear people say that they don't breathe well, and are uncomfortable in the summer. Any similar experience. If the sweat thing is not an issue, I'd pass on the premium package, and maybe just get the bluetooth separately. Sport package is a must.
i've been hearing about leatherette issues. they seem to become "white" or "discolor" due to sweat. some other person is talking about black dots appearing (like mold) or something. that's nasty!!
i thought of doing bluetooth separately, but i found myself buying too many little options that it would be cheaper to get prem. package.

white is definitely reall really hot! i hate white in normal cases, but not on that car. red interior on white convertible is awesome. doesnt sound good, but definitely LOOKS hot (saw it at dealer's)

Quick Reply: Disappointed Poll