Sponsored By:

335 and G37 breakdowns!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 09:32 AM
mantisG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335 and G37 breakdowns!!!!

WTF man!

Can the 2008 Infiniti G37S best the king-of-the spots-coupe-hill, a BMW 335i? It's hard to tell when the BMW's power-steering pump seizes and throws the serpentine belt while on the way to our comparison test. Gee, I'm glad I'm driving the Infiniti.

The following afternoon, after the BMW had been repaired . I'm in our early production model (No.33) G37S when the clutch pedal goes to the floor-and doesn't return. After some sporadic cursing I notice my colleague Mr. Hall looks glad to be driving the BMW-Karma sucks.
this is from R&T editor
Old 06-29-2007, 10:40 AM
mygiantcircle

what's your point?

it's preproduction model #33 for the G.

the 335i has been shipping for awhile.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
mantisG35

i just think it's funny
Old 06-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Rampant

Originally Posted by mygiantcircle
what's your point?

Re-read that. It is an early production model -- not a preproduction model.

I think the point is if anyone is going to blast the 335i for having problems, they can't let the G37 slide when it has problems as well.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:04 PM
trey.hutcheson
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mygiantcircle
what's your point?

This clutch-sticking problem has plagued G owners for years.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:12 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
The words Nissan, Transmission, and Clutch seriously do not positively belong in the same sentence. I think Infiniti did a hell of a job with the new G37, but if they havent fixed these retarded issues with the clutch (07 Z's are having same issues) then this is just sad. What revision are they on so far? #12 ?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:26 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by chilibowl
The words Nissan, Transmission, and Clutch seriously do not positively belong in the same sentence. I think Infiniti did a hell of a job with the new G37, but if they havent fixed these retarded issues with the clutch (07 Z's are having same issues) then this is just sad. What revision are they on so far? #12 ?
while i agree on everything you are saying I have to point out a positive side to this: when you buy a nissan car (infiniti included) you already expect the potential problems so you can plan accordingly.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:52 PM
fabulustt7

lmaoooo that happened to me and my 04 g last night i was like wtf
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by fabulustt7
lmaoooo that happened to me and my 04 g last night i was like wtf
that's funny! how'd u get around it?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Comatose

err.. is that really funny? :P (I couldn't sense the sarcasm~ )
How often does this happen? It'd be freaky if this happened during a 1-2 making a left off of an intersection... with an oncoming semi headed your way!!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 PM
bruddahmanmatt

Originally Posted by mantisG35
while i agree on everything you are saying I have to point out a positive side to this: when you buy a nissan car (infiniti included) you already expect the potential problems so you can plan accordingly.
What kind of crap is this? When you buy a car (especially a higher line car like an Infiniti) you shouldn't have to "expect potential problems." I can understand having to learn how to deal with a clutch that grabs high and a transmission that isn't the smoothest in the world, but NO ONE should expect to have to deal with a clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Niggles and quirks are fine, but flat out failures and malfunctions such as these are just ridiculous and things that should have been sorted out during the testing and pre-production phase of the automobile's life.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:07 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
What kind of crap is this? When you buy a car (especially a higher line car like an Infiniti) you shouldn't have to "expect potential problems." I can understand having to learn how to deal with a clutch that grabs high and a transmission that isn't the smoothest in the world, but NO ONE should expect to have to deal with a clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Niggles and quirks are fine, but flat out failures and malfunctions such as these are just ridiculous and things that should have been sorted out during the testing and pre-production phase of the automobile's life.
im not saying it's cool to have defects, but im saying if you are to have defects (which you will in ANY car) it'd be better if you knew/heard of them before you made your decision to buy the car. Or maybe it gives you more awareness that one day the clutch might fail or something
Old 06-30-2007, 12:28 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
I like Nissan/Infiniti, but this is getting old and ridiculous now. I really hope the HR's dont pop up with some oil consumption issues, now that'll be some sh*t!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by chilibowl
I like Nissan/Infiniti, but this is getting old and ridiculous now. I really hope the HR's dont pop up with some oil consumption issues, now that'll be some sh*t!
According to Infiniti... this G37 will get 10% better mileage than the current G35, which is nice. Right now I'm hoping that I could get at least 22mpg regularly... that's my first goal, hehe.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:39 AM
FAST1

Originally Posted by Yimbie
According to Infiniti... this G37 will get 10% better mileage than the current G35, which is nice. Right now I'm hoping that I could get at least 22mpg regularly... that's my first goal, hehe.
Everyone has to assess their driving patterns and make decisions based on how they intend to drive their car. Although I live and work in the country, I'm finding it more and more difficult to get the opportunity of driving my car hard. So since I don't track my car, it finally dawned on me that it makes more sense buying a car that handles well and gets great gas mileage, as opposed to having some uncomfortable 400 HP+ car that gets less than 20 MPG.

These powerful cars may make their owners feel good psychologically, but they are getting less and less practical in the real world. On top of that many jurisdictions are now installing speed cameras. Since these are great revenue generators, I expect to see these cameras proliferate around the country.

Quick Reply: 335 and G37 breakdowns!!!!