Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Are you disappointed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:42 AM
gspotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LudwigB
I think Infiniti figured that, since most "performance seeking buyers" have probably already spent their money on the G35 coupe, and since most of them will probably not trade in their G35 for the G37, in order to expand the G coupe market, they have to come up with something new. I guess is that the G37 will appeal to a new group of buyers who gravitate toward more luxury than performance. This strategy will only work if the next 350Z (or 370Z) is a true Cayman contender.

If the new G37 was better looking and had more performance, I would have traded in my G35....
Old 06-29-2007, 11:53 AM
jadams

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time spent driving on rural roads with lots of curves - 2%.
Time spent stuck in traffic with everyone else - 98%.
Would I trade a little performance from more refinement and safety?
Yes, yes I would.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by jadams
Time spent driving on rural roads with lots of curves - 2%.
Time spent stuck in traffic with everyone else - 98%.
Would I trade a little performance from more refinement and safety?
Yes, yes I would.
lol Same here
Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by finagle69
Not disappointed in the least... well, I guess Infiniti COULD have offered ventilated front seats. That would have made me purchase the Tech package.
Oooo I completely agree (although I am already getting the tech package). I think the ventilated front seats will be a thing Infiniti will be looking into for a refresh of the G37 later on... hopefully.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:01 PM
LudwigB

Originally Posted by gspotter
If the new G37 was better looking and had more performance, I would have traded in my G35....
Hopefully they can come up with a G37 TT 420hp version.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 PM
fabulustt7

i am disappointed slightly, because im going to be on the market to get a new car in late 08, and upuntil now i was going to just upgrade to a 37. the critera was 0-60 less than 5 1/3 mile below 13.5 touchscreen nav keyless everything breaking better than my 04 with brembos back up camera, hanlding on par with 335 or current gen m3, and looks of equal or better than g35. the 37 has all that down besides speed and yes its a small thing on my list but i want the whollle package everything. to me buying the 37 would be like marrying a beautiful girl that is great in bed but cant cook!! Disappointed.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I was hoping for a few ticks quicker in the quarter mile. I liked the G35 because of the balance between luxury and performance. For it's time nothing else compared to it for the price. I am a little more into performance than luxury though. So although I haven't ruled out the 37- because it is still nicely balanced (looks/ performance refinement)- I haven't ruled out any of its competitors either. About a month ago I was dead set on the 37 (when I saw the dyno adn hp figures). Prior to that I was on the fence. Now I am back on the fence. I hear those engineering the new Z is focusing on weight savings. However, the Z doesn't have a back seat (which I like having), overall cost is higher (higher insurance rates, less warranty coverage) and the service at Nissan dealers is not quite as good as Infiniti (I like having a loaner car when I drop my car off for service), and the Z also is slightly pricier when comparitively equipped to the G (for the options I like).
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM
mantisG35

can you make this a poll with 4 options like little disappointed, disappointed, okay with the car, and very happy with the car??
that's make this thread more interesting
Old 06-29-2007, 02:05 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^I predict:

Mantis: Disappointed
Yimbie: Very Happy with the car

You two will cancel each other out, so no need to vote

Mantis- j/k bro!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 PM
eminem

Very and truly disappointed.

But look on the bright side, i will have more money to save from not buying the G37.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
^^I predict:

Mantis: Disappointed
Yimbie: Very Happy with the car

You two will cancel each other out, so no need to vote

Mantis- j/k bro!
lol nice one Like I have said before... Yin and Yang
Old 06-29-2007, 02:55 PM
BrianV

I think the real problem was that Automobile Mag released that first test of it being tested in Arizona and said it felt like it was 0-60 in 5.0 seconds; it felt as fast as the 335i; it feels so raw, etc.

Then when the real measures come out it is only slightly better than the old one. When I read that Automobile Mag article I thought this thing was going to be like an e46 M3, but it appears to be a softer luxury cruiser GT; which is fine and will probably sell more.

I don't think Infiniti set out to make a raw sports car; that's for the 370z and GTR.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:44 PM
jackygor

Originally Posted by BrianV
I think the real problem was that Automobile Mag released that first test of it being tested in Arizona and said it felt like it was 0-60 in 5.0 seconds; it felt as fast as the 335i; it feels so raw, etc.

Then when the real measures come out it is only slightly better than the old one. When I read that Automobile Mag article I thought this thing was going to be like an e46 M3, but it appears to be a softer luxury cruiser GT; which is fine and will probably sell more.

I don't think Infiniti set out to make a raw sports car; that's for the 370z and GTR.
leaving some market space for nissan as well!

I guess since infiniti wants go more upscale, concentrating on refinement and luxury rather than on performance is key. The number is good with 330 hp, which to non-car enthusiast means "pretty fast". I am a bit disappointed in its quarter mile, but its a luxury cruiser GT and it has always been, so it does not bother me much. Besides, people who are into speed has already bought the 335i coupe! 370z and the GT-R will fill in the market for performance enthusiast.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:45 PM
G-WannaBe

Originally Posted by BrianV
.....Then when the real measures come......

Stop right there. Since they are the newest figures we have, of course everyone is talking about them and they may be good, but are they the final word???

I bet when the XXX came out, (input any car here, G35, 335, Z06, Opal GT, heck, even the Yugo) the times put up in 1 car review were always different from another review. 2 months from now when another review comes out, they will be yet still new numbers, when you drive it, you will say hmmm, faster (or slower) then I thought.

Nothing beats the Butt Dyno, dont make a decision based on anything but the butt. To anyone who thinks these numbers will be the be all end all I say you aint see nothin, every car review the history of the industry has different numbers for the same cars since the dawn of time.

Flip back 10,000 years, remember the push-to-crawl speed tests for the early wheels? zero to 1 clocked times for the first wheel, multiple pre-historic texts show different times. AND THEY ALWAYS WILL.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Flip back 10,000 years, remember the push-to-crawl speed tests for the early wheels? zero to 1 clocked times for the first wheel, multiple pre-historic texts show different times. AND THEY ALWAYS WILL.
Yeah, I remember I was running the Yokogranite SQ's on my 3 footpower Oak special and then I switched to the round ones and it made a huge difference. It got crazy on those downhill runs tho...

Quick Reply: Are you disappointed?