Sponsored By:

From CarConnection: Another review of G37

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mantisG35
sorry, have to do when people stick their noses in others' business.
Do it in private chat please then and not for public view. You name-called me, him, and many other people on this forum.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:22 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by mantisG35
edmund's vs. edmunds'
Sorry, this is none of your business, sir.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:22 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Do it in private chat please then and not for public view. You name-called me, him, and many other people on this forum.
would drama-queen be considered name-calling too?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:29 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Sorry, this is none of your business, sir.
hahaha nice!DOMO
Old 06-27-2007, 02:14 PM
WasabiPossum

Edmunds... Tail of the Dragon...

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Wasabison^^^ what did I miss about the Edmund's vs Edmund's?

and what the heck is the "Tail of the Dragon"? Sounds like a blast!
Reply: 1st, you mean "Wasabisan," wit de' "a".

About "Edmunds": Edmunds is the name; it has the "s" end as its natural form and is a standalone word.
The nasty Grammar Police know that to make possesive and plural forms of words you add apostrophes and "s." Therefore, to comment about the "Edmunds" review and say 'I liked Edmund's review,' you'd be talking about a single guy or entity named "Edmund." OK so far? So it's gotta' be 'I liked Edmunds's review, acording to the rules of grammar. You could also say: "I liked the review by Edmunds:" that's OK too.

Another point: To make plural words, one adds an "s." Why, Why does nearly every poster on many, many forums make plurals this way? ---> Infiniti's / Honda's / Porsche's / person's, etc. Certainly not taught in schools, AFIK, since it's dead w-r-o-n-g. End of rant. Does anyone know the answer to this particular puzzle about common incorrect English spelling/grammar usage? Not trying to flame here, just seeking a WHY.

On "Tail of The Dragon:" This is a section of route 129 connecting the Fontana Dam area of North Carolina and Maryville Tennessee. It boasts 318 turns in 11 miles and is renowned as one of the 'greatest sporting drives' in the USA. Here's a good website with pictures, so all G-Drivers who want to drool and do not know about the Dragon, get out your hankies now!

http://www.tailofthedragon.com

P.S. It is a VERY dangerous drive, but great fun if you keep your cool and don't push "The Envelope." Motorcycle clubs, Ferrari Club and Civic Si and Miata nuts love the place. Cops "love it too," and even have Helicopter surveillance when the road gets heavy use from motorcycle and car clubs. Great area in the fall, when the leaves are changing color -- a feast for the eyes, BUT the traffic from the "Leaf-Peepers" can be rotten-awful. .... SPOILING your driving fun

..... "and what the heck is the "Tail of the Dragon"? Sounds like a blast! [/QUOTE] Now You Know!!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by WasabiPossum
Reply: 1st, you mean "Wasabisan," wit de' "a".

About "Edmunds": Edmunds is the name; it has the "s" end as its natural form and is a standalone word.
The nasty Grammar Police know that to make possesive and plural forms of words you add apostrophes and "s." Therefore, to comment about the "Edmunds" review and say 'I liked Edmund's review,' you'd be talking about a single guy or entity named "Edmund." OK so far? So it's gotta' be 'I liked Edmunds's review, acording to the rules of grammar. You could also say: "I liked the review by Edmunds:" that's OK too.

Another point: To make plural words, one adds an "s." Why, Why does nearly every poster on many, many forums make plurals this way? ---> Infiniti's / Honda's / Porsche's / person's, etc. Certainly not taught in schools, AFIK, since it's dead w-r-o-n-g. End of rant. Does anyone know the answer to this particular puzzle about common incorrect English spelling/grammar usage? Not trying to flame here, just seeking a WHY.
Sorry I keep forgetting that Edmunds is the full name of the car magazine. I keep thinking that it's Edmund, hehe. I REALLY hope that I do not make the mistake of doing "Infiniti's" where it comes to trying to make it plural. If I have, then I must not be using my brain as much since it's Summer.