Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 05:04 PM
bruddahmanmatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LudwigB
Get your facts straight. Curb weight for sport model is 3660lbs.
Get your facts straight. Curb weight for the model tested in the comparo is printed on the friggin page.

http://www.g37driver.com/images/MT-g37-4.jpg

Nice try. Maybe next time.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:20 PM
LudwigB

Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Get your facts straight. Curb weight for the model tested in the comparo is printed on the friggin page.

http://www.g37driver.com/images/MT-g37-4.jpg

Nice try. Maybe next time.
It's not 3800lbs. Check Infiniti website. Get your facts from Infiniti.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:21 PM
AthensBlueG

Sweet article, I just finished reading the whole thing. This is great news. It's about time Infiniti garners the respect it so rightfully deserves.

My co-worker is going to be pissed! He just bought a 335i and I sent him the link to the article. hahah
Old 06-25-2007, 05:22 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
Sweet article, I just finished reading the whole thing. This is great news. It's about time Infiniti garners the respect it so rightfully deserves.

My co-worker is going to be pissed! He just bought a 335i and I sent him the link to the article. hahah
LOL!!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by AthensBlueG

lol uh oh... That's umm... bad if he's a bimmerforums-type person. Expect a whooping!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
bruddahmanmatt

Originally Posted by LudwigB
It's not 3800lbs. Check Infiniti website. Get your facts from Infiniti.
I've seen the Infiniti quotes and so what. That wasn't the weight "AS TESTED" by an independent source. I'm guessing that the Infiniti quotes may have been "dry weights" as well as the weight for cars NOT equipped with 4WAS (which I'm guessing adds to the total curb weight). If you look at the C/D review posted on this board the car checks in at 3717 lbs. IIRC. I don't think their car was equipped with 4WAS though. Do your homework buddy. Of course Infiniti is going to try to post the lowest possible figures they can. However realistically the car probably checks in around the 3700-3750 lbs. range. And when M/T lists a curb weight of 3770 lbs., that's nigh 3800 however you try to cut it. The car is a pig dude, get over it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for lower curb weights with regards to new vehicles. I'm sick and tired of cars getting heavier and heavier by the year. It cripples performance, fuel economy and often increases costs. However in the end, it is what it is. The first figure I looked at after reading the comparo was curb weight because I wanted to make sure the car checked in at Infiniti's quoted 3662 lbs. (the figure Infiniti quotes for 5AT Journey models equipped with the Sport Package). Sure enough M/T quotes a figure some 100 lbs. heavier than Infiniti's quote. Like I said, I'm pretty sure Infiniti was quoting "dry weight" numbers as well as numbers for cars NOT equipped with 4WAS.

Last edited by bruddahmanmatt; 06-25-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:32 PM
g35john

Originally Posted by mygiantcircle
well, I read the e90 forum posts, and they are funny.

one thing for sure...some of those boys don't read too good!

They all were complaining about the fact that Infiniti provided the car (thus, suggesting that the test was rigged). Well, if they carefully read the review, it stated:

"The action in this drama begins at Barber Motorsports Park....on hand for comparison is a BMW 335i...procured by Infiniti...one of the drivers ahead of us has cooked the oil...Fast forward to scene two...we departed Barber with...a fresh BMW 335i couple"

Picus is making friends there! Picu - could you point out this little oversight to your friends as I don't have an account there...
I couldnt believe they missed that little tid bit. I signed up and shed some light.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:34 PM
smokedhen

bostonmerlin- thanks for the uploads!

links for the articles don't work for me either. anyone kind enough to rehost them?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Potty_Pants

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Pretty sure the 4WAS added some weight to the car, though I am not sure how much.
adds weight but improves handling...

ppp
Old 06-25-2007, 05:44 PM
RetardGarage

Originally Posted by smokedhen
bostonmerlin- thanks for the uploads!

links for the articles don't work for me either. anyone kind enough to rehost them?
G37 Beats 335i
Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Potty_Pants

guys somebody make a

http://www.ytmnd.com/

on the new MT... lol talk about pissing the bmw guys off !

ppp
Old 06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Interesting articcle. It shows that the two cars are very close to eachother. I think that the G won mainly because of its value and reliability. They are both great cars though.
That 4WAS must add some weight... over 100 lbs worth (?)
You might keep in mind too that the AT is very restrictive during the break in period. The gas mileage always sucks on the VQ during breakin. I expect that the car will actually get faster and gain gas mileage in time. I wonder if they used manual shifting to test as well. Oftentimes the mags won't do so. However we have all seen that the G has always been quicker using manual mode on the AT.
The MT on the G would be interesting to see a comparo with.
it is also interesting to see the difference in the results of various tests from various mags. That trap time seems sloow for this car.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:44 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Interesting articcle. It shows that the two cars are very close to eachother. I think that the G won mainly because of its value and reliability. They are both great cars though.
That 4WAS must add some weight... over 100 lbs worth (?)
You might keep in mind too that the AT is very restrictive during the break in period. The gas mileage always sucks on the VQ during breakin. I expect that the car will actually get faster and gain gas mileage in time. I wonder if they used manual shifting to test as well. Oftentimes the mags won't do so. However we have all seen that the G has always been quicker using manual mode on the AT.
The MT on the G would be interesting to see a comparo with.
it is also interesting to see the difference in the results of various tests from various mags. That trap time seems sloow for this car.
there's always "hope" between the lines every time i read a post about the G37. no, the car wont be faster, wont be lighter, and wont have better gas mileage.
the car is a slow *** fat machine. let's face it
Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Rampant

Nice article, but please, let's not use the word "trounce" when it basically only wins on price (very similar, if not loosing performance numbers, noticeably less MPG, etc.).

Also, we don't have final pricing yet, so the basis is on estimated price. If Infiniti drops a bomb and ups the price too much, that could change things again. I mean, what if the car tested comes in at $43k? (not that I expect it will, but you never know....)

That being said, it is nice to see someone finally beat a 3 series!

Now, if they could just drop 200 pounds from the front of the car....
Old 06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
picus112

Originally Posted by mygiantcircle
well, I read the e90 forum posts, and they are funny.

one thing for sure...some of those boys don't read too good!

They all were complaining about the fact that Infiniti provided the car (thus, suggesting that the test was rigged). Well, if they carefully read the review, it stated:

"The action in this drama begins at Barber Motorsports Park....on hand for comparison is a BMW 335i...procured by Infiniti...one of the drivers ahead of us has cooked the oil...Fast forward to scene two...we departed Barber with...a fresh BMW 335i couple"

Picus is making friends there! Picu - could you point out this little oversight to your friends as I don't have an account there...
Making friends? Heh, I've got as many posts there as here. Sure, I will point out the oversight. Honestly, you guys give them too much of a bad rap. Some of them are *****, but so are a lot of people here.

Originally Posted by N50
Wow. How do you deal with the guys over there. You'd think BMW = expensive cars = prestige and would somehow translate into its owners being honest, free thinking, and mature...among other things. By no means do I consider everyone over there is p.i.t.a. and by no means is G35driver perfect...but lord.

Oh well. It is what it is. Sometimes I just wonder how some of the guys over there sleep at night.
I deal with them the same way I deal with the people here who are brand biased. It's a car specific board, you're going to run into that. It's worth putting up with the douchebags to talk to the guys that have something worthwhile to say.

As for the guys saying "damn I bet 335i owners are pissed" or "my coworker bought one and now he will probably kill himself"... guys, get some perspective here. It isn't like the 335i, by virture of this loss, all of a sudden sucks and all the owners are going to trade them in on the G37 or just slit their own wrists. You and I both know the 335i will win some reviews, and the G37 will win some reviews - and owners on both sides will have awesome cars they are happy with.

FWIW, and I hate to be the one to point this out... (), the 335i *did* win every single objective performance test in that review, including skidpad, fuel economy, 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile... I guess the real question is are those razor thin wins worth the added price? Guess that's up to you! The real questions is should I put quads on my car?

Last edited by picus112; 06-25-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Quick Reply: It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!