Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Wow, sounds like it was pretty damn close! I bet the BMW owners are ticked off about this!

-Sean
Yeah, they are not going to be to happy about this, but times change!

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 06-25-2007 at 04:04 PM.
mygiantcircle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, I read the e90 forum posts, and they are funny.

one thing for sure...some of those boys don't read too good!

They all were complaining about the fact that Infiniti provided the car (thus, suggesting that the test was rigged). Well, if they carefully read the review, it stated:

"The action in this drama begins at Barber Motorsports Park....on hand for comparison is a BMW 335i...procured by Infiniti...one of the drivers ahead of us has cooked the oil...Fast forward to scene two...we departed Barber with...a fresh BMW 335i couple"

Picus is making friends there! Picu - could you point out this little oversight to your friends as I don't have an account there...
N50

Originally Posted by picus112
Haha ya, the guys at e90post are having a fit.
Wow. How do you deal with the guys over there. You'd think BMW = expensive cars = prestige and would somehow translate into its owners being honest, free thinking, and mature...among other things. By no means do I consider everyone over there is p.i.t.a. and by no means is G35driver perfect...but lord.

Oh well. It is what it is. Sometimes I just wonder how some of the guys over there sleep at night.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Potty_Pants

Originally Posted by N50
Wow. How do you deal with the guys over there. You'd think BMW = expensive cars = prestige and would somehow translate into its owners being honest, free thinking, and mature...among other things. By no means do I consider everyone over there is p.i.t.a. and by no means is G35driver perfect...but lord.

Oh well. It is what it is. Sometimes I just wonder how some of the guys over there sleep at night.
I find the guys on E90 a lot better then bimmerforums.x but still quite a few make love to the badge and believe what their mother AKA car company tells them.

and for the above poster who reiterated the oil cooler snafu... thanks i mis read it too , perhaps it was the 40pica font i was reading on the scan.

all and all guys the cars are neck and neck. for those getting the g37 congrats and give us the real skinny after you get it... and for those getting the 335i let us know what you think compared to the G.

ppp
Old 06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
RetardGarage

Potty -

Scans are full-resolution if you click on them... I can't read small print either!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
g35_bernard

Woot! Finally...congrats infiniti! Now Im really excited about the new G.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Potty_Pants

Originally Posted by RetardGarage
Potty -

Scans are full-resolution if you click on them... I can't read small print either!

no lol i was expanding them and they were friggin huge... prob woulda been easier to print them out... but its all good, i got the jist of it and it's as i've always said g3x is a good car for a great price. Hope it turns out well for the G37 , i have my reservations.

ppp
Old 06-25-2007, 04:34 PM
LudwigB

Could someone download and post the reviews here? I can't download them due to bandwidth limitation.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:39 PM
muscarel

I thought the review painted a pretty even picture. Neither one ran away with any one thing.

I wish they wouldn't have used the 4WAS on the infiniti. They should have compared like models. Does the 4WAS add weight to the car?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by muscarel
I thought the review painted a pretty even picture. Neither one ran away with any one thing.

I wish they wouldn't have used the 4WAS on the infiniti. They should have compared like models. Does the 4WAS add weight to the car?
Pretty sure the 4WAS added some weight to the car, though I am not sure how much.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:42 PM
bruddahmanmatt

I still find it funny that we lost the comparo between the G Sedan and the 328i in C/D a few months ago. Despite costing thousands less we loss because the BMW handled "a bit better" and "felt like a BMW."

Looking at the numbers provided here the BMW is the clear winner in terms of performance, however when you can get away with similar performance and equal craftsmanship as well as an interior that's much classier and easier to navigate (IMO of course) then the Infiniti becomes the clear winner.

I only have two gripes.

1. The G37 is a porker. There is no reason this car should be checking in around the 3800 lbs. mark.

2. M/T didn't compare 6MTs. Everyone knows that one of the Gs biggest faults has been its gearbox and its clutch. When it comes to performance cars, a lot of us still prefer our stick shifts. I wonder how well the G would have stacked up against the Bimmer if M/T had compared 6MTs. I think the outcome probably would have been the same what with preliminary reports stating that Infiniti has refined the clutch take up and the shifter NVH for '08 but I still would have preferred reading a 6MT comparo.

All in all this is great news for Infiniti. For a company that tends to drag *** when it comes to advertising, I hope they milk this one for everything it's worth.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
LudwigB

Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
I
1. The G37 is a porker. There is no reason this car should be checking in around the 3800 lbs. mark.
Get your facts straight. Curb weight for sport model is 3660lbs.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
JOKER

Infiniti FTW

way to go G37. Even though you look gay as Fvck you still take the win. Ppl like things that look gay this days.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:56 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by LudwigB
Get your facts straight. Curb weight for sport model is 3660lbs.
Yeah, I thought that 3800 did not sound right.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by JOKER
Infiniti FTW

way to go G37. Even though you look gay as Fvck you still take the win. Ppl like things that look gay this days.
Wow umm... where did this come from? lol

Quick Reply: It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!