G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:07 PM
fabulustt7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont know where all this bashing on the 335 came from but the interior is amzing it flows, yeah the car is bland on the exterior but it doesnt feel the same...been in an 07 sedan, i like the interior but it doesnt feel solid like the bmw. im not bashing the new interior either for the g it is light years beyond my 04 and no magazine can change my experience from g to 335.
As for the numbers the g37 0-60, 1/4 mile, and trap speed, should be better for a 330 horsepower car. I am dissapointed because i feel like i have been defending the looks of this car hoping that its speed would bring bragging rights but it doesnt. Now all thats left is the handling and interior that really best my 04. I understand that it is a luxury gt and i understand that infinti didn't build the car for the dragstrip, and i understand that it is still a 30,000 dollar car, but their is all this hype around the g37 when it seems like the 07 sedan is the better buy, which i feel shouldnt be, and yes i could of been a potential buyer for the new coupe, but yes while it is an improvement over my 04, its all slight....more changes than 05-06 but its still a g, and as much as i love my car i want more from it, and even more from my next purchase, maybe i need a 911 carrera s or something. i was looking for the coupe to fall in the high 4's maybe 5 flat 0-60 and mid to low 13's on the quarter mile, than i would be satisfied with the car and yes this makes a difference to me and no i dont track my car but i do like to know that it has the performance that i want so it matters.
So all of you that are getting a g37 it is a very good choice, and to all those getting a 335, good choice again, but lets stop the bashing already get what you want. i cant wait to see a g37 on the road while im in my coupe so i can give them a thumbs up or go to a meet and see some rims and kits on these bad boys.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 PM
mantisG35

Originally Posted by picus112
I am 100000% positive what I said is true. Literally, I'd bet my house on it. I've prepped something like 50 335i's now (really), March '07+ zsp = cooler, no zsp = no cooler. Pre March '07, everything but MT zsp = no cooler.

One point I want to make re: the BMW interior. You guys can believe what I say or not... but the BMW interior is not cheap. It may be *poorly designed*, but poorly designed and cheap are not the same thing. I agree, the ergonomics are not good, and the contemporary design does not appeal to everyone. But I can absolutely promise you that the *material quality* in the 335i is superior to any car in the class. From the dash to the trim to the carpeting to the ***** to the gauges to the headliner material, to the fitment. The G35 sedan does make good competition, particularly the washi and wood trims (the rosewood is very nice), but it's not quite there. The design, however, is much better.
okay i read like 200+ posts on bimmerfest just now. you are right. you have to have the sport to get the cooler.

they're both nice cars and im sure both will have issues. i regret that my expectations exceeded reality. i wish infiniti allowed leakage of information ahead of time. the G35 was exactly what i wanted in a car, unfortunately this time around there's not a car out there that's meeting my expectations, yet.

to be honest i love the interior of the 07 G35 sedan (the new G37's too) a lot more than the bimmer's interior. i just think it's too organized, it's kind of dry, and sure i do hate the iDrive (no touch screen )
Old 06-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Dude, just pack it up and leave.

I'm a fan of the brand. You seem to be pretty new here
:April2005: Geez, just let him be. Your word is not God's word. Why do you feel your opinion is better then his?

The numbers are great in my eyes. Infiniti did the right thing. Sedan and Coupe should have close numbers, I never hear anyone complain how the 335i sedan and coupe's performance are similar. If they were outstanding, people would get rid of their G35, why would Infiniti want that? They want current owners to go up the food chain, not just trade in for the same level car...

EDIT - Yimbie, just ignore him. Stay and post as much as you want. He does not speak for the community. Your excitement is refreshing on this forum.

Last edited by Techuinang; 06-26-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:02 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redlude97
I don't necessarily agree that the core market of BMW is the enthusiast, its the yuppy who thinks of BMW as a status symbol, they number of M's sold is a very small percentage of their cars sold compared to the number of 318/323/328's sold over the years along with the 530. These are their big money makers, who buy bmw's not because they are the fastest best handling car, but rather for the the little emblem on the hood and trunk.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, I want to put in my two cents. Stop arguing over which car is better. Drive them both, and make your decision. In the editor's mind, the G37 was the better car. End of story. Different strokes for different folks guys. Just chill out and enjoy whatever car you have. The BMW 335i does certain things better, and the G37 does certain things better. Overall they are both great cars and some people will go for the 3, some the G. Personally, I'm still probably going to go the 335i route (if I decide to dump my G35 coupe). I just want to try something new and I've never owned a bimmer.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by Techuinang
:April2005: Geez, just let him be. Your word is not God's word. Why do you feel your opinion is better then his?

The numbers are great in my eyes. Infiniti did the right thing. Sedan and Coupe should have close numbers, I never hear anyone complain how the 335i sedan and coupe's performance are similar. If they were outstanding, people would get rid of their G35, why would Infiniti want that? They want current owners to go up the food chain, not just trade in for the same level car...

EDIT - Yimbie, just ignore him. Stay and post as much as you want. He does not speak for the community. Your excitement is refreshing on this forum.
Thank you very much for that post, Techuinang. I really appreciate you seeing my side of this. Everything in bold are the statements that really made me feel all good inside. I'm glad that my excitement does mean something to someone. Unfortunately, a lot of people find it sickening that I'm staying positive about the G37...
Old 06-26-2007, 07:11 PM
trey.hutcheson
Premier Member

Nowhere did I say that my opinion is better or more important than his. I'm responding to the fact that he doesn't like to hear complaints about the g37. He's said so in this thread, and others. He's tired of the "hating", and the disrespect. He's continuously said that the car could be modded for more speed, if that is what people are after.

I'm addressing the fact that just because I think it's a slow pig doesn't mean that I'm hating on the car. I'm sure that after I drive it, I might consider buying it. But - many of the current owners(the people that put this car on the map), expected so much more.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:12 PM
N50

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Thank you very much for that post, Techuinang. I really appreciate you seeing my side of this. Everything in bold are the statements that really made me feel all good inside. I'm glad that my excitement does mean something to someone. Unfortunately, a lot of people find it sickening that I'm staying positive about the G37...
Need dark chocolate?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by N50
Need dark chocolate?
lol Lindt or Ghiradelli's dark chocolate works best. I'm very picky with my dark chocolate. It must be within the 70% - 75% range or it's too bitter or too sweet. I have my tastes.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Nowhere did I say that my opinion is better or more important than his. I'm responding to the fact that he doesn't like to hear complaints about the g37. He's said so in this thread, and others. He's tired of the "hating", and the disrespect. He's continuously said that the car could be modded for more speed, if that is what people are after.

I'm addressing the fact that just because I think it's a slow pig doesn't mean that I'm hating on the car. I'm sure that after I drive it, I might consider buying it. But - many of the current owners(the people that put this car on the map), expected so much more.
I just wanted to say something about that... I'm not trying to attack you or anything, please don't take it that way... but the people that put the G35 coupe on the map aren't just enthusiasts... actually I believe it's far from that. My brother for example has a G35 but he's just a casual driver... also the G35 is in the hands of many older people and women too (I do not mean to stereotype). I'm sorry for the disappointment that the enthusiasts feel with the G37 but that's not the target market Infiniti was going for, of course I don't work there or know anything that's going on in the corporate boardrooms but that's what I strongly feel... Infiniti didn't make the G37 FOR enthusiasts... but to a much larger luxury sports coupe market. I personally NEVER considered the G35 but the G37 greatly appealed me. They brought me into Infiniti. If they lose people... that's going to be small compared to how many new people come in.

Now if Infiniti was expecting 0-60 time of lets say high 4s or low 5s but then they got mid 5s... then you can bag on them. But according to the review from CarConnection... Infiniti expected 0-60 time of mid-5s... different than what a lot of the enthusiasts on here expected. Obviously, the enthusiasts and Infiniti had different hopes and goals with the G37.

Last edited by Yimbie; 06-26-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:34 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by Yimbie
I just wanted to say something about that... I'm not trying to attack you or anything, please don't take it that way... but the people that put the G35 coupe on the map aren't just enthusiasts... actually I believe it's far from that. My brother for example has a G35 but he's just a casual driver... also the G35 is in the hands of many older people and women too (I do not mean to stereotype). I'm sorry for the disappointment that the enthusiasts feel with the G37 but that's not the target market Infiniti was going for, of course I don't work there or know anything that's going on in the corporate boardrooms but that's what I strongly feel...

Now if Infiniti was expecting 0-60 time of lets say high 4s or low 5s but then they got mid 5s... then you can bag on them. But according to the review from CarConnection... Infiniti expected 0-60 time of mid-5s... different than what a lot of the enthusiasts on here expected. Obviously, the enthusiasts and Infiniti had different hopes and goals with the G37.
well put Yimbie.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Racer X

...just because I think it's a slow pig doesn't mean that I'm hating on the car....
Haha
Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I wonder how a person would feel like if you called them a slow pig and meant it. Just wondering. I don't think they're going to be happy or neutral to that.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TMac
From spending 2 summers at a drag strip in PEI,
Would that happen to be Raceway Park in Oyster Bridge that you are referring to?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Techuinang

I understand your point of view. However, I see his excitement about the G37 the same as your excitement when you got your G35 (with an s in your case ). I say let him and other potential future owners enjoy it as the G37 will bring many more new customers into the Infiniti brand.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I understand your point of view. However, I see his excitement about the G37 the same as your excitement when you got your G35 (with an s in your case ). I say let him and other potential future owners enjoy it as the G37 will bring many more new customers into the Infiniti brand.
Hmmm... I wonder... when did these forums come up? Was it before the release of the G35?

I very much appreciate your posts. I never knew that there were people out there that cared about how we future G37 owners felt about our cars. I'm sure G35 owners wouldn't appreciate people just talking about all the bad points about their cars all the time every single day on a forum that they enjoy coming to. But of course.. what do they care? They're not on the side of the people who have to take all the negativity... they're the ones giving it. So of course there will be different feelings and assumptions.

Last edited by Yimbie; 06-26-2007 at 08:20 PM.

Quick Reply: It's Official - G37 Trounces 335i!