Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another Video g37 edmunds

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:18 AM
jnmunsey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep reading a lot on the G37's acceleration numbers. Did anyone not read how it got slammed for it's steering feel?

"Steering lacks positive, direct feel"
"Its retuned steering system proved much more resistant to kickback through the wheel than the G35 coupe we had been provided for comparison. But this improvement may have been taken too far. Even though the G37's steering is nicely weighted, the feedback coming from the front contact patches feels muffled."

Yeah, yeah, it's not a sports car. Well, it USED to be a sports car.. I like to feel the road when I drive. If I want muffled steering feedback I'll get a Cadillac...

The speed for me is fine, but I am hoping this car isn't too passive..
Old 06-25-2007, 04:35 AM
G37Knight

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I don't know what to think after these tests...The new Sedan feels tons faster than the current gen coupe when I drive it though. erhaps the new gen coupe will feel the same...
On an auto there is the breakin period whereas you don't get optimum performance- so those times will get faster on it.
Curious to what the sedan would have done with the 3.7......
Old 06-25-2007, 06:18 AM
muscarel

Originally Posted by jnmunsey
I keep reading a lot on the G37's acceleration numbers. Did anyone not read how it got slammed for it's steering feel?

"Steering lacks positive, direct feel"
"Its retuned steering system proved much more resistant to kickback through the wheel than the G35 coupe we had been provided for comparison. But this improvement may have been taken too far. Even though the G37's steering is nicely weighted, the feedback coming from the front contact patches feels muffled."

Yeah, yeah, it's not a sports car. Well, it USED to be a sports car.. I like to feel the road when I drive. If I want muffled steering feedback I'll get a Cadillac...

The speed for me is fine, but I am hoping this car isn't too passive..
We can go back and forth, but I read alot of sports car traits, like:

"The G's handling balance through the slalom is exceptionally stable. Only once did it attempt to step its tail out of line. Its normal balance leans toward understeer on the throttle which makes it exceptionally easy to drive confidently through the cones. On the skid pad it took significant effort to persuade the rear end to slide. There's good feedback both through the wheel and seat of the pants, making the G easy here as well. "

"We've grown to love the VQ-Series engines and this iteration is clearly the best of the bunch."

"Excellent turn-in response, steering accuracy and grip; strong acceleration; "

And maybe the best of both worlds:

"And for all intents and purposes, the G37 is a sports car. All the ingredients of a sport recipe are here: Z-car roots, voluptuous styling, brilliant steering, solid high-speed handling, 330 horsepower and a raucous exhaust note. Yet this is very much a comfortable luxury car as well. Despite wearing 19-inch rims and summer tires, our Sport model's ride was firm but never jarring on the battle-scarred roads of L.A., while the rev-matching automatic transmission with shift paddles is a fine substitute (particularly in traffic) for the G35's six-speed manual and its Thighmaster clutch action. And just like a luxury car, the interior fits like a glove, with ample front-seat accommodations, excellent ergonomics and thoughtful high-tech electronics.

No matter which way you slice this cake, the G37 combines canyon-carving sports car and city-touring luxury coupe."
Old 06-25-2007, 09:40 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^That is all I'm asking of this car, so I'm good to go^^^
Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I thought it was an awesome car when I first saw it, which is why I ordered one. After these reviews, I still think it is an awesome car. Could not be happier with my soon to be purchase!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 AM
bostonmerlin

i think you have to view all of these car rag articles within the context their presented... meaning.. their comparing this car to a bmw.. which means no mater how you look at it.. the car rocks.. but when you split hairs between a great car (g37) and another great car (bmw) you might think they're saying the car sucks. This car is one of the best cars on the road in this price range.. that says a lot about how it'll feel when you drive it.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
muscarel

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i think you have to view all of these car rag articles within the context their presented... meaning.. their comparing this car to a bmw.. which means no mater how you look at it.. the car rocks.. but when you split hairs between a great car (g37) and another great car (bmw) you might think they're saying the car sucks. This car is one of the best cars on the road in this price range.. that says a lot about how it'll feel when you drive it.
Brilliant post, BM.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:37 AM
N50

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
BM, muscarel...you guys are on a roll with the thoughtful posts. Another nice one, BM. I completely agree (I'm still not diggin' that fact that weight has increased so much but I guess I'll have to get over it.)
Old 06-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by muscarel
We can go back and forth, but I read alot of sports car traits, like:

"The G's handling balance through the slalom is exceptionally stable. Only once did it attempt to step its tail out of line. Its normal balance leans toward understeer on the throttle which makes it exceptionally easy to drive confidently through the cones. On the skid pad it took significant effort to persuade the rear end to slide. There's good feedback both through the wheel and seat of the pants, making the G easy here as well. "

"We've grown to love the VQ-Series engines and this iteration is clearly the best of the bunch."

"Excellent turn-in response, steering accuracy and grip; strong acceleration; "

And maybe the best of both worlds:

"And for all intents and purposes, the G37 is a sports car. All the ingredients of a sport recipe are here: Z-car roots, voluptuous styling, brilliant steering, solid high-speed handling, 330 horsepower and a raucous exhaust note. Yet this is very much a comfortable luxury car as well. Despite wearing 19-inch rims and summer tires, our Sport model's ride was firm but never jarring on the battle-scarred roads of L.A., while the rev-matching automatic transmission with shift paddles is a fine substitute (particularly in traffic) for the G35's six-speed manual and its Thighmaster clutch action. And just like a luxury car, the interior fits like a glove, with ample front-seat accommodations, excellent ergonomics and thoughtful high-tech electronics.

No matter which way you slice this cake, the G37 combines canyon-carving sports car and city-touring luxury coupe."
Thank you for posting those quotes from the reviews!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:43 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Knight
Curious to what the sedan would have done with the 3.7......

man now that would be pretty quick !! I beleive that the sedan is almost a couple hundred pounds lighter.