Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I have to know...How many people?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:47 AM
G35Tuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to know...How many people?

I own an 04 6mt coupe...I know its been talked about enough, but Id like some opinions on the new G37...Like almost everyone, I was absolutely in love with the concept coupe...Both the exterior and interior left me wondering how fast I could get my hands on something one if it ever made it to production and looked even ANYTHING similar...

Im extremely dissapointed with the new G37...Not with the engine (looks amazing) and not with the interior (looks pretty damn good but is not even close to the concepts look)...But the exterior just doesn't do it for me...Its grown on me a bit, but it doesn't leave me wanting to run to a dealership to trade mine in...

So my question...How many of you who seem to be having a HUGE change of heart were actually previous G owners?? And how many are just new guys or girls who would naturally allow themselves to let the new G grow on them since they're on this board for a reason and thats the love of the G...I just cant justify myself trading my car in for one that looks very similar if not worse...The money Id lose and end up having to spend could be easily used to go FI with 400hp and above...

PS - Not flaming...It has grown a TINY bit...But I want to see what other owners think...
Old 05-26-2007, 12:36 PM
mantisG35

i was disappointed at first (damn those dirty pix) but now i love it man.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:44 PM
bostonmerlin

i used to own a 2003g coupe.. i now have a g37 on order. what i can tell you is that a very large percentage of people on this board are current g owners (Sedan/coupe)..not everyone of course (i'm sure someone will reply to this post with a complaint about something). I believe if you currently own a g coupe i doubt the g37 is enough to make you run out and buy one. I strongly believe however, that most people who see the g for the first time (who know nothing of the g coupes past) will prob. love it.

I've said this before.. if you look at the new g objectively w/out trying to compare the car to the g35 you'll prob. love it.
bm
Old 05-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Dxb2

Originally Posted by G35Tuning
I own an 04 6mt coupe...I know its been talked about enough, but Id like some opinions on the new G37...Like almost everyone, I was absolutely in love with the concept coupe...Both the exterior and interior left me wondering how fast I could get my hands on something one if it ever made it to production and looked even ANYTHING similar...

Im extremely dissapointed with the new G37...Not with the engine (looks amazing) and not with the interior (looks pretty damn good but is not even close to the concepts look)...But the exterior just doesn't do it for me...Its grown on me a bit, but it doesn't leave me wanting to run to a dealership to trade mine in...

So my question...How many of you who seem to be having a HUGE change of heart were actually previous G owners?? And how many are just new guys or girls who would naturally allow themselves to let the new G grow on them since they're on this board for a reason and thats the love of the G...I just cant justify myself trading my car in for one that looks very similar if not worse...The money Id lose and end up having to spend could be easily used to go FI with 400hp and above...

PS - Not flaming...It has grown a TINY bit...But I want to see what other owners think...
Its the same issue again and again .. once a new car released people will hate it .. the same story happened in lexus forums when the new IS revealed they all hated it and thought it looked weird when u compare it with the first generation .. but at the end they all end up buying the new one.. IMO i thought it will look like the concept more, but hey even if it doesn't look like the concept its still the best looking coupe in this price range. Thanx INFINITI

Last edited by Dxb2; 05-26-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:11 PM
FAST1

Originally Posted by Dxb2
Its the same issue again and again .. once a new car released people will hate it .. the same story happened in lexus forums when the new IS revealed they all hated it and thought it looked weird when u compare it with the first generation .. but at the end they all end up buying the new one.. IMO i thought it will look like the concept more, but hey even if it doesn't look like the concept its still the best looking coupe in this price range. Thanx INFINITI
Not always. I didn't like any of the pictures of BMWs that have been released in the last five years, and my opinion didn't change when I saw them in person. I'm still reserving jusgement on the G37.

I can tell you that Infiniti Dealers think it's a winner, and they just can't wait until the G37 is released. Their hope is that they will have a car that will enable them to charge sticker for at least six months to a year.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:18 PM
fabulustt7

i have an 046mt and yes i wont lie the car has grown on me a little bit. but like what was stated it would be stupid for me to trade for an 08. the g37 is an amazing machine but its not what i thought it would look like. yes the car is an advancement but it doesnt make me feel as if my car is outdated. the concept made me feel like my car would be old, but this is just refinment
Old 05-27-2007, 04:24 PM
CtK
Registered Member

i will be getting an 09 G37 for sure!!
I like the updated interior and tat is the thing you look at the most while owning a car. How often do you stand outside and just stare at the car
Old 05-27-2007, 05:55 PM
ghost30

Originally Posted by Dxb2
Na.. I know what I like personally, and the G37's new styling cues didn't really impress me. I will say it does have potential. Lowered, w different bumper. And depending on the color, (I like the athens blue) it does looks better.

But after really thinking about whether I would want to trade in my 05 coupe for an 08 that I think is "ok", it occured to me that next year the new Supra will be out, M3 is coming, and possibly the new Z.. perhaps debut as an 09 370Z. Personally, I think I may be in the market for an all around sports car. Hopefully with nav.

Last edited by ghost30; 05-27-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
bubbletea 4 me

i have an 05 coupe.. i still love the look but the performance and the interior is getting a little dissapointing now especially with faster and nicer built cars coming out (IS350, 335i, etc...). like everyone else, i was VERY anxious waiting for the G37 but when i first saw it, i was kinda dissapointed. it has slowly grown on me and i can see there are many improvements in every respect, EXCEPT for the overall looks. i like the new front end alot (more aggresive looking), but i HATE the back.. i thought the new sedan's rear is decent but nothing is as sexy as the rear of a G35 coupe..i mean NOTHING! it's just pure sex. G37 rear makes me sorta puke in my mouth.. and even now i have gotten used to looking at it and kinda like the overall looks.. i still CAN NOT STAND the rear end of the new G37. who knows, if i see it in person, maybe i'll feel a lil better but still..

so back to what the op was talking about. are there enough changes to make me go run into the dealership and get a new G? i'm not so sure. i like many of the improvements such as interior and engine and wheels, brakes, etc.. but the overall looks really doesnt WOW me like when i first saw the G35. i think that is the reason why many G owners are now considering getting a 335i instead of a G because the new look G really isnt that much of a improvement (some may say, it got worse). i dont think 335i is WOW in anyway, but at least its different from a G and i think that could be a main reason why many switch.. besides the obvoius BMW name and it's awsome performance.

on a side note, i dont think G37 will outperform a 335i .. i think they be pretty closely matched stock to stock, but 335i is ALOT easier and ALOT cheaper to upgrade and mod..in fact, i dont even see the point of having the new M3. you can make 335i a hp monster, make it handle like a dream and all those good stuff as long as you put a good amount of money into it. but i bet at the end of the day, you can build a 335i into a better performer than a M3 for less money.. who knows but thats my guess.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 PM
G37Knight

dirty pics ftl

I think everyone will be like @##@!@# once the performance #s start pouring out for the G37 Imagine how this car will be like when you start modding!!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:46 AM
ElixXxeR

Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
on a side note, i dont think G37 will outperform a 335i .. i think they be pretty closely matched stock to stock, but 335i is ALOT easier and ALOT cheaper to upgrade and mod..in fact, i dont even see the point of having the new M3. you can make 335i a hp monster, make it handle like a dream and all those good stuff as long as you put a good amount of money into it. but i bet at the end of the day, you can build a 335i into a better performer than a M3 for less money.. who knows but thats my guess.
Yea, but with the 5-10k one saves getting a G37 as opposed to a 335i...imagine the possibilities.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 AM
G37Knight

Yeh modding will be fun and G37>335I exterior and interior so you'll have looks to go with performance 335I doesn't stand out bland....
Old 06-05-2007, 02:54 PM
2007_G35x

i don't know ... i have a sedan and love every look ... i saw some images of the coupe and i don't like it at all ... in fact ... i like the older g coupe styling better ... there's nothing that would make me saw wow! to the new g coupe ... now the older g coupe would def. do it for me ...

*** i own a sedan because of the awd capability, family, and it's more practical ... but i would love to own the coupe and have a reliable winter vehicle ...!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
GT-Ron

I have an '05 6MT coupe (6300 miles) and I do like the G37 more than the initial pics made me think. I would trade for a G37 pretty easily, over my G35. It's enough of an improvement to justify it, IMO, especially when factoring in my dislikes of my G35. It would be pretty close enough to a straight trade for me (within $2K-$3K). It definately wouldn't cost me the $10,000-$15,000+ that it would take to go FI, so that's not even an option for me.

But here's the catch: While the G37 is about the best option for me right now, there are several other new models on the horizon that might prove to be an even better option. So I'm inclined to wait and see what's in store, rather than take the G37 because it's a great option right now. 350HP may very well prove to be a low, entry-level rating compared to what's on the way very soon.

To complicate things further, I'm considering selling the G35 and using the equity to buy a POS commuter. If I did, that would put me on track to save a lot over the next 24-30 months and get into a GT-R... ...if they base for close to $60K.

It's a hard choice to make; G37 (or something else) very soon, or tough it out in a POS commuter for up to 2.5 years to get into a GT-R.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:58 PM
StreetChase

At first when the pictures were first released i wasnt all that impressed. However being that I have an 06' G35, and my brother has an 06' 350Z, my dad has pretty much made up his mind on getting a G37. After looking at it somemore it has definately grown on me and after automotivemag released their dyno numbers of 287 whp and 236 ft/tq im even more impressed. Im kinda glad he made that choice

Quick Reply: I have to know...How many people?