Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is the new G37 too rich for your blood?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:07 PM
bostonmerlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the new G37 too rich for your blood?

Is the new G37 too rich for your blood? Dont like the new g's front bumper or that gawdy chrome accent? maybe you'll like an altima coupe for around 23k and change.

Seriously.. i only bring this up because there are obvious comparisons being made between the altima and the new g's overall look... no one is saying the altima coupe is anywhere in the new g37s ballpark.. only that it might be driving around the ballparks parking lot!

Full Test: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...9/pageNumber=1

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 05-23-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:23 PM
JOKER

The reason altima and current G coupe and new G37 subject is being discussed so ofter is because altima coupe looks very similar to a current G coupe and G37. So owners are concerned that Coupes they own are going to become cheaper once altima coupe comes out due to cars being very similar in shape and very different in price.

I will personally hit everyone of you in the ***** with a shovel if you will trade your coupe for altima or get it instead of G37

So to sum **** up.

There is nothing really to sum up.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:29 PM
stefanzo911

How can one compare the altima coupe with a G?

It's 2 different animals, the G is so much more sophisticated, the altima appeals to a younger crowd, it's fit with a dime-a-dozen FWD platform which probably reflects in the handling and the price. Like comparing a Yugo with a Bentley.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:58 PM
ElixXxeR

I don't know why everyone's panties are in such a bunch about the Altima coupe looking like the G35/G37. I suppose to othe average motorist, they might look similar, but any enthusiast should be able to distinguish the two quite easily (if not, an optometrist appointment might be in order). And, as for performance, there is no need to even discuss the (massive) differences.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:34 PM
DropTopGal

Old 05-23-2007, 03:38 PM
ampm24

I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen both in person as well as lots of pictures and I'm sorry, but they look nothing alike to me. I could see how the designers took some styling cues from each other, and like all family members, they share some slight resemblance. But I still say they don't look alike. No way I would mistake an Altima from a G. Not even dirty and covered in snow.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:42 PM
strife

and like in all the other threads about the Alt coupe....I am considering trading in my lude for the Alt coupe
Old 05-23-2007, 03:42 PM
BadBoy06

once you sit in an altima then you know its no were near
our cars..even if its cheaper..literally
Old 05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
N50

Originally Posted by ampm24
I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen both in person as well as lots of pictures and I'm sorry, but they look nothing alike to me. I could see how the designers took some styling cues from each other, and like all family members, they share some slight resemblance. But I still say they don't look alike. No way I would mistake an Altima from a G. Not even dirty and covered in snow.
I agree. Plus, there are going to be similiarities...that's just a fact. When Nissan creates both Nissan and Infiniti vehicles, design cues are going to be shared between similar automobiles. G vs. Altima, M vs. Maxima, QX4 vs. Pathfinder, etc. I say it everytime but look at Audi and VW, there are plenty of shared design cues there. Toyota and Lexus, etc. I could go on but I'd rather not

Bottom Line: The new G coupe may share design cues but it will not be confused for an Altima.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:52 PM
LightningRod

If I were in the market again for a FWD coupe, this would be it.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:58 PM
xdram

Originally Posted by JOKER
I will personally hit everyone of you in the ***** with a shovel if you will trade your coupe for altima or get it instead of G37
I'll second this...
Old 05-23-2007, 11:04 PM
skaterbasist

bostonmerlin, you're only making it worse by comparing these two.

Like you said, they're obviously nowhere near the same league. But in that case, why make such a thead?

I see a contradiction here.

Nothing personal...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:22 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
i haven't made up my mind yet, but i'm pretty sure i'd be willing to pay 5 to 10 dollars to see this.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
bostonmerlin, you're only making it worse by comparing these two.

Like you said, they're obviously nowhere near the same league. But in that case, why make such a thead?

I see a contradiction here.

Nothing personal...

Somehow i knew someone would construe this post as my opinion. read the article.. it makes a reference to g37.. this is a g37 forum so i posted it. Do a search for 'altima coupe' in the 2008 g forum and you'll find plenty of threads talking about such a comparison. end of story.. move on... nothing personal.
bm

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 05-24-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:36 PM
stefanzo911

Those threads are fun: a little pun here and there and people get all serious and offended and start tossing insults. Typical of high school melodrama: If only everyone had the means to purchase a Bentley we would be just fine!!!

Quick Reply: Is the new G37 too rich for your blood?