G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Blue Slate G37

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 PM
InfinitiMichael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In case you guys don't check up on me too often...

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157837

Old 05-19-2007, 12:18 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
blue slate is a nice color i really dont see a sporty look in it but my friend bought the sedan and it is niceee but cant compare to blk white or dark gry..
Old 05-20-2007, 12:03 PM
WasabiPossum

Blue Slate vs. Other Colors for G37

Wow! That Blue Slate is very tempting. One thing against it is that it will be similar to black: real tough to keep clean. I've had black cars and they are favorites, but my G37 will be Pearl White. I won't say white is easy to keep clean, just easier than the darkest colors.

The major factors pushing me to get white:

1. I live in Coastal Georgia. Just like Florida and other states where there is INTENSE heat and high humidity, white is probably the best color for reflecting heat and keeping car interiors a bit cooler. Just go to a dealer's lot on a hot, sunny day. Put your hand on a dark car, then a white one. BIG difference in the "Hotsy Factor!"

2. The Dirt and Dust Factor, as mentioned. Whites and the Gray colors often mentioned in various forums are just easier to keep looking clean. My present car, an S2000 Silverstone, looks petty good when dirty (but not filthy dirty!).

BTW, just consider Black and other dark colors in the Texas panhandle, and areas of New Mexico, for example: Dust Rules!

3. I just plain "like" Infiniti's Pearl White. Guess I'm far from being a loner here!

My last white car was an '86 Audi GT Coupe over black leather, so now it's time for another set of white wheels.

To those of you going for the Blue Slate and Black: I love your choices, but won't envy your substantial and continuous efforts to Keep 'em Clean! Just be happy with your rides... that's the important thing.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:13 PM
bulldog25

I am pissed infiniti did away w/ lakeshore slate and went with the blue slate. I think the blue slate looks closer to the old twilight blue color. Ls has much more blue and silver to it than the current blue slate. I think that LS is one of the classiest looking colors on the G35.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:45 PM
N50

Originally Posted by WasabiPossum
Wow! That Blue Slate is very tempting. One thing against it is that it will be similar to black: real tough to keep clean. I've had black cars and they are favorites, but my G37 will be Pearl White. I won't say white is easy to keep clean, just easier than the darkest colors.

The major factors pushing me to get white:

1. I live in Coastal Georgia. Just like Florida and other states where there is INTENSE heat and high humidity, white is probably the best color for reflecting heat and keeping car interiors a bit cooler. Just go to a dealer's lot on a hot, sunny day. Put your hand on a dark car, then a white one. BIG difference in the "Hotsy Factor!"

2. The Dirt and Dust Factor, as mentioned. Whites and the Gray colors often mentioned in various forums are just easier to keep looking clean. My present car, an S2000 Silverstone, looks petty good when dirty (but not filthy dirty!).

BTW, just consider Black and other dark colors in the Texas panhandle, and areas of New Mexico, for example: Dust Rules!

3. I just plain "like" Infiniti's Pearl White. Guess I'm far from being a loner here!

My last white car was an '86 Audi GT Coupe over black leather, so now it's time for another set of white wheels.

To those of you going for the Blue Slate and Black: I love your choices, but won't envy your substantial and continuous efforts to Keep 'em Clean! Just be happy with your rides... that's the important thing.
IMO, Blue Slate doesn't look that close to black. It's sooooo misleading because in the sun it nearly looks gray with a bluish tint and in the shade it seems to be a very dark blue.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Comatose

Ditto.. i think blue slate looks more like dark gray than black .. in fact, its closer to the dark shade of gray that I think DG should've initially been...

Originally Posted by N50
IMO, Blue Slate doesn't look that close to black. It's sooooo misleading because in the sun it nearly looks gray with a bluish tint and in the shade it seems to be a very dark blue.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:08 PM
NXT

I think the blue slate is a beautiful color but it reminds me of the bmw monaco blue not color wise but because both colors in the dark looks black. lol. At night it's hard to tell if your car is blue or black.