Sponsored By:

For those who have ordered the new G37

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:58 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Kenny

You hinted we would all be happily surprised (or almost those words) about the new pricing, can you give us any more hints here?? You know the 335s will come down slightly when the G arrives, or so I think they will unless they still have 8 + week backorders. Any chance we can learn something new???

Is MSRP going to come in just under $29K, fully loaded maybe???

If so, then this will be me later today
i don't know anything about pricing --- Infiniti does not release it until a month prior

Techuinang-- the standard non sport wheel for the G35 base and G35 Journey is a 18" wheel w/ ALL SEASON tires.... no more 17" wheels
Old 05-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Techuinang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna go with the Sport version 100% sure as I prefer its front bumper. Summer tires only right smack in the middle of winter means there will not be much demand for the car. I did the same thing when I purchased my IS300 (which came with summer tires only as well) and was able to get a good amount off. I'm patient, I'd rather get a good discount off MSRP then be the 1st in town to own one.

Wonder however if the 18" all season will fit on the sport model. Even then, it would'nt be a good option as with a rear wheel drive car, all season tires are a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe if the 18"rims fits, I could get myself some winter tires to mount on them.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
DropTopGal

I just returned from the nearest Infiniti dealer. Their deal was MSRP with a non-refundable deposit. They promised no "addendums". I walked. There are 4 other Infiniti dealers within an hour from me, all of which are high volume dealers with large allocations. So I have calls/emails out pending feedback.

After all, one must be a smart shopper. The way I see it.... the dealership will have the full holdback (1% Base MSRP plus 2% Base Invoice for Floor Plan) since I'll be taking immediate delivery. Also, the difference between invoice and MSRP will be about $3,500 (give or take a few).

Sorry, but no way am I giving the dealership $5,000 plus costs for the car. The issue is not the money, rather, smart shopping.

Worse comes to worse, I'll wait an extra 2 months and the dealerships will be more than willing to play ball as inventories of G37s increase.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Techuinang

^^^
Agreed. No reason to rush into buying this car. I will do the same. The dealer will have the upper hand for the first month or two but I highly doubt the demand will outlast the supply for long.

Patience will be key and in the end, it's all about being happy with the purchase. I refuse to pay mrsp, dealership will make up with my return for servicing, which will happen if I'm happy with the price they will give me.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:54 PM
muscarel

Normally, the G37 price, especially models like the 6mt which may be more scarce, wouldn't budge from MSRP for awhile (the 1st gen didn't). But with the late start and winter around the corner, I can't see them not negotiating earlier than usual.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DropTopGal
I just returned from the nearest Infiniti dealer. Their deal was MSRP with a non-refundable deposit. They promised no "addendums". I walked.
Good for you. I can't believe they wanted a non-refundable deposit.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Initial G

Wow, that is a bit insane of them. I am 100% sure that one of the four dealerships will give you a refundable deposit. There is absolutely no reason to be put in a position like that. I can understand if you were special ordering a g37 in orange or something...
Old 05-15-2007, 10:17 PM
DropTopGal

Dealer #2, offered MSRP but refundable deposit. Let's see what dealer #3 and #4 do, but I'm not holding my breath.
October and November are slow sales months (I just checked the stats), as are January and February, so come October, the supply of G37s will be outdoing demand and during a traditionally slow sale month, a FAIR deal can be found.

Ironically, the BMW dealer offered a FAIR deal ($500 over invoice) on a new 335i Coupe, as did the Lexus dealer on the IS350. BTW, the IS350 if a very nice car.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 PM
muscarel

The 335 has been selling for decent discounts. Getting 1k over invoice is becoming common place.

That being said, the early reliability issues scare me. If you've visited their forums, you'll see fuel pump issues, oil cooler issues, and some type of valve issue. I'm sure they'll work through them, but right now I'm sitting back to see what finally happens.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:51 PM
DropTopGal

Oh, I'm well aware of the BMW issues. Before I learned about the G37, I was considering the new M3 and looked at the 335i. There are a few things that BMW has me turned off.

Another thought... If Infiniti dealers don't come down to reality, come the 2007 Tokyo Auto Show in October, Infiniti may be at a loss. Reason... Info on varoius Lexus models will be made available (IS350 hp bump), possible Supra to be announced, new Lexus models coming online for early 2008 (SC, possible IS Coupe F), perhaps the next "370Z" will be revealed and so on... Those who want to buy the G37 but don't feel like being raped by the stealership will hold off a few months and by then, new news of soon to be released models would be made available.

I'm a little ticked off... It bothers me when one takes advantage of another as the Infiniti stealership not offering a fair price to begin with, and no, MSRP is NOT a fair price.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 PM
muscarel

^^ Amen.

When I bought my '04 6mt coupe in June '04, dealerships in the NY area were still not budging on 6-speeds. Thanks to my wife's company I was able to find a dealer not so close that would accept VPP on the 6mt coupes. This is 18 months after the car came out!!
I know people in other parts of the country had better luck at that time.

I don't want to pay MSRP but am preparing myself for it. I have no problem waiting until early 08 to buy one.

I am also very interested in the new supra. I keep waiting for more info to be released. The IS is not an option due to automatic only.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Comatose

The few dealers that I spoke with that wanted a non-refundable deposit were for "custom orders".. whereas they would also take a refundable deposit to be in priority over the regular allocations they were receiving (where obviously its not guaranteed they will have your color/combo handy).
That sounds somewhat fair doesn't it?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:45 AM
DropTopGal

Originally Posted by Comatose
The few dealers that I spoke with that wanted a non-refundable deposit were for "custom orders".. whereas they would also take a refundable deposit to be in priority over the regular allocations they were receiving (where obviously its not guaranteed they will have your color/combo handy).
That sounds somewhat fair doesn't it?
Nothing really custom about the G37. I desire to order pretty much what many of you will. Red, Stone, 5AT, Sport, Prem, Nav, Spoiler. I'd bet that at least 25% of their allocations are optioned that way. Now, if I ordered HOT PINK exterior to match my lipstick and nail polish , or perhaps a blower to match my (I know what you guys are thinking... ) hair dryer, well, to me, that would be "custom". The G37 really is just another production vehicle. If the brand was different, oh, say Alfa DB9, I could understand MSRP as that is a rare car.
BTW...that dealer is supposedly the highest volume Infiniti dealer in the US.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Initial G

If I got a dollar for everytime I heard a dealer say they were number 1 in their city/region/states...I wonder if they teach them how to say this during orientation.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:52 AM
G-WannaBe

Dont forget to factor in end of year. Calandar year in December may help get a few more coins off sticker, as well as end of fiscal for Infiniti. Someone once told me Nissian EOY fiscal calander is the alst day in september, but I am not sure about that. I do not want to wait to the end of the year myself to pull the trigger, but by then up here in the northeast I am sure they will want to get a rear whl drive sports car off the books as fast as possible. If it sits in Dec, it will sit most likely until March.

Quick Reply: For those who have ordered the new G37