Sponsored By:

Canadian specs: G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:03 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Canadian specs: G37 coupe

Hey,

A buddy of mine up in Toronto hooked me up with info for the Canadian specs for the G37 coupe. This information is, in my opinion, 100% reliable. I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but my search didn't come up with anything.

The car will be the same as the US model but there will be fewer options available to us Canadians.

EXTERIOR
Code Description Type Interior PREM/SPORT
A54 PLASMA RED 2S C-WHEAT 0 - new for 2008
B21 ATHENS BLUE PM 0 -
KH3 BLACK OBSIDIAN 2S 0 -
K23 PLATINUM ICE 2M W-STONE 0 0
K51 DIAMOND GRAPHITE M 0 0
K52 BLUE ONYX PM 0 0
K57 LIQUID METAL GREY PM 0 0 new for 2008
KH3 BLACK OBSIDIAN 2S 0 0
QX1* IVORY PEARL 3P 0 -
A54 PLASMA RED 2S G - GRAPHITE 0 0 new for 2008
B21 ATHENS BLUE PM 0 0
K23 PLATINUM ICE 2M 0 0
K51 DIAMOND GRAPHITE 2M 0 0
K57 LIQUID METAL GREY PM 0 0 new for 2008
KH3 BLACK OBSIDIAN 2S 0 0
QX1* IVORY PEARL 3P - 0

------

Pricing has not yet been confirmed but the proposed pricing scheme is such:

Models available:

1) Premium - options: Tech + Navi
- Alotment: 20% overall sales of which 15% will be A/T; 5% A/T + Tech/Navi

2) Sport A/T (+$3000 over premium) - options: Tech + Navi (+$4000) + 4WS (+$1500)
- Alotment 40% overall sales of which 30% will be base A/T; 5% Tech+Navi; 5% 4WS

3) Sport M/T (+$3000 over premium) - options: Tech + Navi (+$4000) + 4WS (+$1500)
- Alotment 40% overall sales of which 30% will be base M/T; 5% Tech+Navi; 5% 4WS

Summary:

a) Sport Model & Sport Package = Premium + bodykit + rear spoiler, LSD, sport-tuned suspension, 19" (10-spoke rims), tires: 225/45/19 & 245/40/19, performance brake calipers, bigger brakes, sport steering wheel w/ magnesium shifters, front sport seats, aluminum pedals, "S" badging

b) Tech + Navi Package: GPS-based navi, voice rec for HVAC / Audio / Navi functions, 9.3Gb HD, rear view monitor, intelligent cruise control, adaptive front lighting, pre-crash seatbelts, deletes 6-disc in dash CD

c) 6MT Sport Package = A/T package MINUS magnesium paddles, ADDS 6MT

d) 4WS package = 4 wheel active steering
Old 04-25-2007, 11:14 PM
wyatthanson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm, plasma red?
Diamond Graphite stays, maybe.

Is Blue Onyx the same as Blue Slate?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 PM
KageMonkey

The Plasma Red has the same color code as the Vibrant Red. Platinum Ice equates to Liquid Platinum. Diamond Graphite is Platinum Graphite. Liquid Metal Grey is simply Amethyst Graphite.

Blue Onyx seems like something that was not in the Information Pamphlet. It could range between a bluer Blue Slate to the Daytona Blue from the 350Z line. A Daytona Blue G37 would look very nice.

Anyway, not only do Canadians get screwed over in terms of options, they also pay a much higher price. I don't see why people are still purchasing higher-end vehicles in Canada where the prices are -- after currency exchange -- $5000 to $20000 MORE (ie. 350Z).

It is so easy to import vehicles now because there are many importing companies that takes care of all the paperwork. There is really no reason to pay that much more to buy a vehicle from a Canadian Dealership.
Attached Thumbnails Canadian specs: G37 coupe-g37_blueoynx.jpg  

Last edited by KageMonkey; 04-25-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 AM
wyatthanson

That Daytona 7 is nice. Very nice.

Damn, I really want Blue Slate!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:26 AM
jackygor

Originally Posted by KageMonkey
The Plasma Red has the same color code as the Vibrant Red. Platinum Ice equates to Liquid Platinum. Diamond Graphite is Platinum Graphite. Liquid Metal Grey is simply Amethyst Graphite.

Blue Onyx seems like something that was not in the Information Pamphlet. It could range between a bluer Blue Slate to the Daytona Blue from the 350Z line. A Daytona Blue G37 would look very nice.

Anyway, not only do Canadians get screwed over in terms of options, they also pay a much higher price. I don't see why people are still purchasing higher-end vehicles in Canada where the prices are -- after currency exchange -- $5000 to $20000 MORE (ie. 350Z).

It is so easy to import vehicles now because there are many importing companies that takes care of all the paperwork. There is really no reason to pay that much more to buy a vehicle from a Canadian Dealership.
What are some companys that imports car to canada?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 AM
muscarel

Wasn't there an issue awhile back with dealerships not servicing cars that were purchased out of country?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wyatthanson
Is Blue Onyx the same as Blue Slate?
Yes, it's the same.

Btw, great info JDM, thanks for posting it up for the fellow Canucks!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 AM
frshgcoupe

thats a sick blue up there, but the blue slate wont look like that. The athens blue will be closer to that color, yes?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
2) Sport A/T (+$3000 over premium) - options: Tech + Navi (+$4000) + 4WS (+$1500)
Thanks for these info.

Wow, $7K over Premium for Sport and Navigation. We are looking at being deep into the $50K CAD. I hope I'm wrong.

I also hope the stock spoiler (not the silver, the body coloured one) will be an option and not be part of a package cause I really don't like it.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:57 AM
RBull

Thanks jdm inspire. Good find.

What options are missing for Canadians? The first gen just had more equip as standard. ie all units were premium here. Is this not the same case with the '08?

Canadian colours = US colours with different names.

Wow, $7K over Premium for Sport and Navigation. We are looking at being deep into the $50K CAD. I hope I'm wrong.
I think you're right techuinang

Good point KageMonkey. I don't think however all brands allow you to do this. I believe some are not honouring warranties in Canada with US bought cars. Others like BMW will not sell to Canadians that are importing to Canada because they are penalized by the manufacturer for doing so.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:36 AM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When it comes to Nissan / Infiniti ... you don't require a 3rd party to buy from the US. I know for a fact the greater Detroit area Nissan / Infiniti dealerships will sell direct to Canadians (confirmed via telephone when I bought my wife a new 2007 Acura TSX ... I was cross-shopping).

I also found out that some Ontario dealerships had no problems servicing US cars bought by Canadians. Again ... it all depends on who you see / talk to.

Believe me, it's a very simple process to buy a US-car. A fair amount of research, a bit of patience, and a good amount of time will save you thousands. I estimated I saved at least C$5k on the TSX (at that's at 20% exchange rate!) Check out redflagdeals.com for discussion on how to bring it in ... I posted over there.

And I know I can work out a deal with the US dealerships for a new G37 but I am working with the local dealership near my house in Ontario so I don't mind paying C$1-2k (? depends on the options) more with a Canadian-spec G37 (since I might have to sell it down the road ... the TSX will be driven into the ground)

Don't worry about the process ... go to a dealership who has done it before ... if you want some phone #s (ie GTA people), PM me and I can hook you up. Thick skin and a couple calls ... and you're all set.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
wyatthanson

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Btw, great info JDM, thanks for posting it up for the fellow Canucks!
Too bad they lost last night.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM
M6_G

Any insight in these companies... since i would be interested.. Trust me i'm ticked on paying such a difference.

Originally Posted by KageMonkey

Old 04-27-2007, 01:20 PM
RBull

Can anyone answer - what are "Canadians getting screwed over" in terms of options? KageMonkey ;jdm_inspire, you guys posted up ???
Old 04-27-2007, 02:37 PM
giddyup69

Originally Posted by RBull
Can anyone answer - what are "Canadians getting screwed over" in terms of options? KageMonkey ;jdm_inspire, you guys posted up ???
the only thing i can think of is satellite radio. i don't know if that's offered. everything else should be there. only real difference i've ever noticed is that in the u.s. u can knit-pick every option whereas in canada most options are already bundled in... cause we're all rich up here

Quick Reply: Canadian specs: G37 coupe