Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Canadian specs: G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 02:44 PM
RBull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
the only thing i can think of is satellite radio. i don't know if that's offered. everything else should be there. only real difference i've ever noticed is that in the u.s. u can knit-pick every option whereas in canada most options are already bundled in... cause we're all rich up here
Rich. LOL With the price of the cars here you almost need to be.

I think you're right. That's what I posted above. I was just trying to find out if I'm missing something here or if are more unfounded rumours.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:04 PM
KageMonkey

Originally Posted by jackygor
What are some companys that imports car to canada?
It really depends on which province you live in. It's much better to deal with local importers than not. Try this contact information: http://www.naata.org/new%20files/import1.html
Old 04-28-2007, 02:09 PM
KageMonkey

Originally Posted by RBull
Rich. LOL With the price of the cars here you almost need to be.

I think you're right. That's what I posted above. I was just trying to find out if I'm missing something here or if are more unfounded rumours.
giddyup69 is right. Canadians can not choose options individually. For example, if the customer dones't want the Sound System in the 6MT, that's too bad, because the 6MT will come with it anyway. Basically, the customers could potentially be paying a lot of extras for options that they might not use at all.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:48 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by KageMonkey
giddyup69 is right. Canadians can not choose options individually. For example, if the customer dones't want the Sound System in the 6MT, that's too bad, because the 6MT will come with it anyway. Basically, the customers could potentially be paying a lot of extras for options that they might not use at all.
That's what I was suggesting in my first post. It's a similiar situation as with the first generation. Because the Canadian volumes are much less Infiniti is bundling the package content more to maintain their profits.

The OP said we have fewer options here making it sound like we can't get the same equipment. That's what I was mostly questioning. We do but can't pick and choose quite as much as the US. No biggie to me.

Last edited by RBull; 04-28-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:17 PM
wyatthanson

Or you can sport it like me:
Raised with family in Seattle, WA, but lives in Vancouver while attending UBC. Acquire and register car in the states, live and drive them in Canada.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
KingShanna

well after doing a little bit of research i found out that its only a couple of thousand dollars cheaper (around 2g) to buy a G in States and bring it over to Canada, after all the duties and taxes! not worth it for me.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KingShanna
well after doing a little bit of research i found out that its only a couple of thousand dollars cheaper (around 2g) to buy a G in States and bring it over to Canada, after all the duties and taxes! not worth it for me.
^ How did you do this calculation when the car's price has not been released? I suppose you could use the 1st gen G35c price and then add ~5%. Now that US$1 = C$1.10 ... the savings would be marginal.

Wait about 6 months after the car's release and when dealerships will be selling the car closer to invoice price ... the savings will become significant, despite the 10% exchange rate. For a "couple thousand" ... that's about a year's worth of gasoline. For the time required to make the car comply ... I'd do it if I planned on keeping it beyond 5 years. (Did so with a 2007 Acura TSX for my wife ...)
Old 05-02-2007, 09:07 PM
jackygor

Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
^ How did you do this calculation when the car's price has not been released? I suppose you could use the 1st gen G35c price and then add ~5%. Now that US$1 = C$1.10 ... the savings would be marginal.

Wait about 6 months after the car's release and when dealerships will be selling the car closer to invoice price ... the savings will become significant, despite the 10% exchange rate. For a "couple thousand" ... that's about a year's worth of gasoline. For the time required to make the car comply ... I'd do it if I planned on keeping it beyond 5 years. (Did so with a 2007 Acura TSX for my wife ...)
+1

buying a car at invoice price can only be done in the states...sadly
Old 05-03-2007, 11:42 AM
KingShanna

yes i did this with G35 coupe prices. If its done legaly u must pay American taxes, then 6.1% import tax, 6% GST, 8%PST, 206$ Duty fee. thats 20.1% ON TOP of the State's tax. oh and u must convert the american price to canadian. THats another 10%. i guess the other way is just driving the car in without officialy importing it and then ud save all those fees.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:04 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by KageMonkey
Anyway, not only do Canadians get screwed over in terms of options, they also pay a much higher price. I don't see why people are still purchasing higher-end vehicles in Canada where the prices are -- after currency exchange -- $5000 to $20000 MORE (ie. 350Z).

It is so easy to import vehicles now because there are many importing companies that takes care of all the paperwork. There is really no reason to pay that much more to buy a vehicle from a Canadian Dealership.
I hear ya on the higher prices we pay. It is easier to import vehicles here. Trouble is it's not much of a price advantage on some cars especially those not manufactured in N. America. Most states charge you US taxes, 6.1% import duty, GST, HST and money exchange plus RIV fees. At the end of the day there is very little savings on a G for example and you still have a US car that some people won't want in resale.