Old 04-25-2007, 05:05 PM
wyatthanson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHAT? They're making a G40??

Old 04-27-2007, 04:55 PM
g37lover

Originally Posted by AdamJ
Hey guys I really need some help, I'm trying to get my custom forged wheels for the upcoming 2015 G40. I don't see why no one is willing to help, it's not like the car isn't well documented yet!

Give me a break dude. Wheels don't take that long to make, ordering them before the car is in hand is idiotic.
haters, i swear, they're everywhere.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:17 AM
ABQG35c

I'm curious to know the wheel specs as well. I want to order rims now so they'll be in by the time the car gets in. Could they possibly be the same spec's that the current G coupe's have?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:03 PM
AdamJ

Originally Posted by g37lover
haters, i swear, they're everywhere.
You got it, I hate idiots that post frivolous threads. Nobody is going to have the specifications you need until the car is released - is that so hard to understand?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
DropTopGal

This is a funny thread. Every time I see a car with overly priced wheels and tires that clearly don't belong, I wonder WHY? Granted, the G37 is not an old beater with wheels that cost more than the entire car, but still. The OEM wheels seem pretty darn nice, particularly the 19"s.

Money to burn? Smart spending should always be a priority. I have found that those with money often spend it frugally. Not saying that they are not generous, simply smart shoppers.
Case in point, I was initially considering much higher end cars (the new M3, 911, C6 vert; to name just a few), but since I will avg 20k miles a year, I just couldn't justify the cost vs mile ratio (not to mention the reliablity history and issues with those makes) and the G37 will go from A to B with enough style and sport to meet my needs, and yes--with the 19"s. Then again, each to their own. Just my .02
Old 05-04-2007, 01:31 PM
ABQG35c

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
This is a funny thread. Every time I see a car with overly priced wheels and tires that clearly don't belong, I wonder WHY? Granted, the G37 is not an old beater with wheels that cost more than the entire car, but still. The OEM wheels seem pretty darn nice, particularly the 19"s.

Money to burn? Smart spending should always be a priority. I have found that those with money often spend it frugally. Not saying that they are not generous, simply smart shoppers.
Case in point, I was initially considering much higher end cars (the new M3, 911, C6 vert; to name just a few), but since I will avg 20k miles a year, I just couldn't justify the cost vs mile ratio (not to mention the reliablity history and issues with those makes) and the G37 will go from A to B with enough style and sport to meet my needs, and yes--with the 19"s. Then again, each to their own. Just my .02

Haha,
Listen, If someone wants to spend 5k+ on rims, LET THEM. Yeah the stock 19's on the G37 are attractive, but guess what? Aftermarket wheels are MORE attractive... It's a statement to modify your vehicle to differ you from the next man who has your same vehicle. But if your life is boring, and you dont care to be different, then don't mod the car, don't spend the money. It's a love of the hobby type thing.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:50 PM
DropTopGal

Originally Posted by ABQG35c
Haha,
Listen, If someone wants to spend 5k+ on rims, LET THEM. Yeah the stock 19's on the G37 are attractive, but guess what? Aftermarket wheels are MORE attractive... It's a statement to modify your vehicle to differ you from the next man who has your same vehicle. But if your life is boring, and you dont care to be different, then don't mod the car, don't spend the money. It's a love of the hobby type thing.

Two words... "grow up". Sounds like compensating for a lack of something else.

Last edited by DropTopGal; 05-04-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
^+1. Equating the lack of necessity to mod a car with "having a boring life" was a foolhardy argument.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:52 PM
AdamJ

Originally Posted by DropTopGal

Exactly. And most of the time the aftermarket wheels don't even look good because they aren't sized proportional to the car, have incorrect offsets, etc. But hey, this "baller" has money to burn, I suppose we should start spewing wheel specs that we pull out of our ***

Fast and the Furious 4 called, they want their wheels and spoiler back.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:17 PM
ABQG35c

You're telling me to grow up huh? Hmm.. How bout trying this, Try letting people make their own decisions. If they wanted smart money management advice, they would of asked for it for starters. If someone has money to burn, hey more power to them! ****, I'm smart with my money, I own my own business and have plenty of money to burn... I don't over spend on **** I know isnt worth it for number one, number two... I shop around because I know that I can more than likely find it priced somewhere else... No where am I defending "stupid money spending and management" BUT I do believe that people on here shouldnt be directing others about their personal finances. But I guess if you feel like you need to start slapping around the "mature stick" to make yourself look more mature, please feel free to do so. Whatever will make you feel good inside and have people on here liking you for.