Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Do You Think There Will Be An Aftermarket Whale-Tail Spoiler for the g37

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
back on topic.... since we are talking about aftermarket solutions for spoiler:
DO you think it would be better to get the chrome peice from dealer, and then wait for somthing aftermarket that would cover it up... such as the sedan guys got with the Impul rear wing:

But notice it has integrated third brake light... which is why im thinking, get the body colored spoiler from the dealer which goes in place of the chrome on the g37 (but still looks bad) and rip it off and go aftermarket.

By the way, 2007 G35 sedan also gets a cool front lip/spoiler by Impul...

somthing like that could appease ppl who dont like the front bumper on the g37.

Last edited by Ahujadaddy; 04-24-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by entrepreneur187
no worry's man its cool.

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy

Interesting, that lip spoiler holes make it look like the G37 bumper which I like .
Old 04-24-2007, 02:58 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
back on topic.... since we are talking about aftermarket solutions for spoiler:
DO you think it would be better to get the chrome peice from dealer, and then wait for somthing aftermarket that would cover it up... such as the sedan guys got with the Impul rear wing:

http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...base=1&no=9969

But notice it has integrated third brake light... which is why im thinking, get the body colored spoiler from the dealer which goes in place of the chrome on the g37 (but still looks bad) and rip it off and go aftermarket.

I would advise against getting the OEM spoiler w/ integrated brake light if you plan on absolutely going AM for the sole reason that you have no clue if any holes will be drilled due to the OEM spoiler and if it may or may not be covered up by the new AM spoiler.

Always err on the side of caution.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Sukairain

I've got nothing against Porsche either, but it doesn't stir my soul. The design is pretty blend, especially now the 997 have circular Beetle headlights again. Engine and exhaust 'noise' is more similar to a Disneyland go-kart than an exotic car. The car is a fine machine, it drives like a 4 wheel motorcycle.

To me Porsche is not really an exotic car. (exception being the Carerra GT) It's a reliable daily sport car that's affordable and most importantly - reasonable. It's a sport car that make sense... thus predictable and boring.

Conversely a Ferrari doesn't make any sense, it's obnoxious, loud, unreliable, might spontaneously combust, ridiculously expensive, it's bright red....... That's why Ferrari, Lambos are considered to be exotic cars. They defy logic and they make no sense to everyone else - but everyone wants them.

Anyways, it's rare to be able to find a Ferrari under $250,000 these days. *taken into account the mandatory mark up* How many $250k+ Porsche gets sold every year? F430 and 997 Turbo might have comparable performance, but they are by no means in the same class - one is Homecoming queen, the other one is Miss Universe.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by finagle69
I would advise against getting the OEM spoiler w/ integrated brake light if you plan on absolutely going AM for the sole reason that you have no clue if any holes will be drilled due to the OEM spoiler and if it may or may not be covered up by the new AM spoiler.

Always err on the side of caution.
Hmm, good point... thanks for the advice. I was lookin for some input like that.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmm, good point... thanks for the advice. I was lookin for some input like that.
no problem.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 PM
wyatthanson

Good post, Sukairain.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Techuinang

It is indeed a good point. From experience I can tell you there will most likely be holes. The Lexus IS300 had a small lip spoiler as well and if I recall correctly there was 2 holes on the trunk. Manufacturer are not willing to take the risk of their stock spoiler flying off regardless of how strong glue is nowaday. However, after market spoiler most likely will cover these holes, unless you go with a totally different style.

But since entrepreneur187 like the whale spoiler, I don't think they will cover them if there are any. BTW, if you have enough money, I'm sure you can custom fit it at any body shop.

Last edited by Techuinang; 04-25-2007 at 08:01 AM.