Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Pics at the NY Show!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:11 AM
G-WannaBe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Not trying to **** on your thread or anything... but your opinion is in the minority on the forums here. .... Most people, including myself, are having issues with the front end of the car.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148188

67% of almost 100 voters see this model gaining more buyers

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146205

35% are waiting out seeing it in person.

I am betting by the time people see it pass them in their current G35s, see how different this car really is not from the current model, and then realize that the reason they bought a G in the first place was to get a great car at a sensible price, and get a lot of car for that dollar, and stay clear of the typical buyer's choices, many people will see that while the bumper may not thrill them, the rest of the formula is still there from the original, only faster, better interior, and maybe even better MPG if todays auto show release can be trusted. (that also depends on the right foot, mine spends too much time burried in the fire wall to find good MPG)

Besides, how many drivers on this blog who "love" their cars with all their heart have changed something about them, be it small or as large as a bumper? Basically, no matter how much a part of the design looks good or ok, there is always a laundry list of aftermarket parts to buy to change it any way you please. Get over it, its comming, it looks great in my opinion, and it really is in a class with very few competitors when you look at it, price, what it has to offer stock, and a great quality name like Infiniti. Seriously, what else on the market can compete with a nearly loaded 330 HP 2dr coupe for $38k?

I think if you turn back the clock these are the same reasons people bought the G35 in the first place.... ooops, sorry, did not want to point out the obvious.....

I'll say it again, GOOD JOB Infiniti, my deposite almost has your company name on the check...
Old 04-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Armani350GT

This is a forum to express opinions about G35, so I have difficulty understanding why some of us tell others not to be a hater or not.

Well with all that in mind, the new G37 look similar to our car, but the biggest difference I see that make me not wanna buy the new car is its ridiculously high clearance. If my G35 coupe was two more inches off the ground, I for sure would not have bought it. And NO, I will not want to modify my car in anyway.

I am trying to get used to the look of the new G, but I'm not sure if I can do this. The more I look, it's looking more and more to Solaras.

Also, the rear 3/4 view of the new G look like it slammed on the break really hard that the rear got squashed forward by the momentum.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:31 AM
wyatthanson

Sorry guys. Picking up a 335i Coupe this summer. I'm off the train I think.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:02 AM
VinNYCG
G SQUAD

Originally Posted by JEVERYDAY
Thank you

I think that new car smell is gonna do it to me at the end of this year. I still love the shape of the 03-07 but this shape is definitely growing on me along with the new interior improvements.

-Vin
Old 04-05-2007, 08:31 AM
myG35ZX

The only reason I would choose the 335 over the G37 is torque. I love the new coupe (I miss my 03, but do love my 05 sedan) and I'm ready for a new ride - at least to begin my buying process. The way I see it, Infiniti is not resting and the annual leaps in improvement in all categories will lead to even better cars. I only hope Infiniti will begin adding torque.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
yea.. i'm curious if current 07 sedan owners care for that drive.. meaning.. do they use it to store tunes? I'm an ipond kind of guy so my tunes go with me.. seems more usefull than the drive. anyway.. curious if they rip tunes to it or not.
I do use the Music Box a fair amount, but I use the Compact Flash slot more. Both methods of playing your tunes are pretty damn cool for a car priced in the upper $30k range. Is there any other car in the same class that offers this? Nope!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
N50

Originally Posted by Armani350GT
Well with all that in mind, the new G37 look similar to our car, but the biggest difference I see that make me not wanna buy the new car is its ridiculously high clearance.
What?! The new gen G is lower than the current gen. I'm not sure how this would dissuade you from purchasing one. If you just don't like the look of it then that's a little different.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
benbo5

the front is seriously weak all they had to do is make it more pointy and less round like womens child-bearing hips(thats what I see), saying that the only reason most people are hating this new design is because they changed the 35 to a 37 and now that means we all have to update or we are behind the times.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:19 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by MissLydia
Yeah, funny and sexist. Let this be my first post as a female on this board that is completely offended by what you've had to say, and no, it's not my time of the month either.

I'm buying a G37, and not because they have made it a "girly car" and have now entered my demographic. Where do you see a feminine car? To me, a girly car is a Mazda Miata, a Beetle, a Mini-Cooper or a Porsche Boxter. I was going to get a G35 until I found out they were re-designing it. If I could afford it, I would buy a Porsche 911 Carrera....maybe in about 10 years. Oh yeah, the reason I'm buying a G37 is b/c they shined a purple light on it....get real.
Awesome post!! A womans opinion on the car, finally!! I Love You, you are awesome and welcome to the board!!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:38 AM
06BLACKMT

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Don't worry. You didn't hurt my feelings.

But seriously... cool your jets. Don't start a thread, if you expect everyone here to agree with you and to only post things you want to hear.
haha so true
Old 04-05-2007, 12:12 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
assuming that these pics from the show and the video on youtube that show the interior are one in the same car, it has Prem and Nav... so where is the backup cam???
Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 PM
frshgcoupe

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe

I am betting by the time people see it pass them in their current G35s, see how different this car really is not from the current model, and then realize that the reason they bought a G in the first place was to get a great car at a sensible price, and get a lot of car for that dollar, and stay clear of the typical buyer's choices, many people will see that while the bumper may not thrill them, the rest of the formula is still there from the original, only faster, better interior, and maybe even better MPG if todays auto show release can be trusted. (that also depends on the right foot, mine spends too much time burried in the fire wall to find good MPG)

Besides, how many drivers on this blog who "love" their cars with all their heart have changed something about them, be it small or as large as a bumper? Basically, no matter how much a part of the design looks good or ok, there is always a laundry list of aftermarket parts to buy to change it any way you please. Get over it, its comming, it looks great in my opinion, and it really is in a class with very few competitors when you look at it, price, what it has to offer stock, and a great quality name like Infiniti. Seriously, what else on the market can compete with a nearly loaded 330 HP 2dr coupe for $38k?

I think if you turn back the clock these are the same reasons people bought the G35 in the first place.... ooops, sorry, did not want to point out the obvious.....

I'll say it again, GOOD JOB Infiniti, my deposite almost has your company name on the check...
+1 Get em
Old 04-05-2007, 02:17 PM
RudeG_v2.0

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe

I can spin numbers too. ...And I'll use one of the same poles you used.

As you can see, while 35% are waiting to see it in person, 23% are not impressed and nearly 27% (26.99% at the time I posted this) voted "THAT ROUND FRONT END SUCKS!!! I WANT MY CONCEPT!". That makes 50% on this particular pole who had negative opinions. Only 14% voted that they were impressed with the '08 coupe.

If you go beyond the poles and look at ALL the threads on the G37, some of which contain negative views in the thread title itself, and read through ALL the posts, you will see that there is more negative feedback about the car than positive.

Furthermore, I have only criticized the exterior styling of the car. I am not trying to say that the G35 is superior in any manner, EXCEPT in exterior styling. I am impressed with the chassis, powertrain, suspension, braking, and interior upgrades/improvements. I strongly feel that the G37 will be a great dynamic car, a solid performer, and a great bargain versus the competitors (just like the G35). I never said or insinuated that it wouldn't be. The exterior, specifically the front fascia and the rear integrated lip spoiler, are the only things keeping me from considering trading in my '06 coupe for an '08.

Unlike yourself, I have owned three G35's (if you read my sig). So I don't need to be reminded of why people buy G's. Trust me, I know. I am just one of many die hard G owners on this site who was looking forward with anticipation to the '08 model. However, I still assert (based on the totallity of feedback on the forums and discussion with friends who have seen the pics of the G37) that most G OWNERS(hint, hint.) felt let down or disappointed with the exterior design of the G37.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-05-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
N50

More pics!

Old 04-05-2007, 03:05 PM
See-Fu

The more i see the front of this car, the more it reminds me of that ferrari 6xx (the current 4 seater).

Quick Reply: G37 Pics at the NY Show!