Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Will Be > Than G35 Regardless

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:25 PM
kenji4861

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Will Be > Than G35 Regardless

I have to agree with most of you that the G37 looks like a screw up. It doesn't look much different.. maybe even worse. I personally love the way the G35 looks more than G37 (exterior wise).

However, this reminds me of what happened 2-3 years ago when the new IS250/IS350 were announced. Folks on the IS forums were saying the new design looks weak and that their IS300 looks a lot more aggressive. Now.. after a year or so.. the IS300 looks outdated.

Resale value of G35 will drop regardless (yes maybe not the first 2-3 months after G37 is out). Take a look at the old G35 sedan now.. how do you feel about it? It looks outdated to me.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:32 PM
kevink

May be outdated. But it is mine. Paid for. And only 36K miles.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Potty_Pants

the new sedan always looked good imo (better then 1st gen sedan).
however the new g37 does lack the visuals the 1st gen had/has.

the new design will grow on us... it has to... cause there isnt a gen3 anytime soon.

i remeber what honda did with the preludes...
cant remember which gen just years...

1989 wedge front end

when the new body style came out (prob a few years before 1996) people down right hated it.
1996 softened the entire car, completely change the interior including digital gauges.
honda acknowledge this hate and refreshed the car in 1997, removed the digital crap gauges and refreshed the design of the 1989 style. people loved it... just couldnt sell enough to keep the prelude in production.

so it is possible for the manufactures to fix their fup... but its gonna take years and years.

ppp
Old 04-01-2007, 05:15 PM
jackygor

I thought 335i looked really bad when it first came out, but now, i want one!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:18 PM
FAST1

Bottom line is that all car manufacturers listen to the public. If most people aren't buying a model, you better believe that changes will be made. Even the mighty BMW changed the 7 series design when their potential buyers balked at the monstrosity.

So if the sentiment on this forum is widespread, Infiniti will make design changes after a couple of years.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:20 PM
FAST1

Originally Posted by jackygor
The 335 is a ho hum design that just doesn't do it for me. It's not ugly, just boring. It looks like a great design for the senior citizens.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:50 PM
skaterbasist

G35 Coupe [will] Look outdated?

No way.

The shift between the IS300 to the IS350 is much greater than the G35 to the G37.

The IS350 was a complete make over, inside and out.

The G37 seems to be more of a refreshining, just as the 07 G35 sedan was to the 06 G35 sedan.

The current G35 coupe will not look outdated for atleast another generation.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:18 PM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by jackygor
too bad it overheats when pushed hard. The G37 will just laugh at you if you try to push it hard.

p.s. thread originator: > means "greater than" so your "> than" translates to "greater than than".
Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
too bad it overheats when pushed hard. The G37 will just laugh at you if you try to push it hard.

p.s. thread originator: > means "greater than" so your "> than" translates to "greater than than".
These are the most ignorant comments I've ever heard. It overheats when pushed hard? How many 335i's had overheating problems? less than 10 cases I've heard of. Now lets see...

"Too bad Infiniti G35 engines eat oil, they're unreliable crap" is basically the same statement made towards infinitis....

and as Picus said in another thread, 41 BMW M3 engines blow and all of a sudden M3's have "bad engine problems" .... right
Old 04-01-2007, 09:58 PM
G-WannaBe

Originally Posted by FAST1

So if the sentiment on this forum is widespread, Infiniti will make design changes after a couple of years.

Such Hubris......Wrong-Wrong-Wrong. Contrary to popular belief here, this is not the be all end all of public decision. Will the new model survive, or if you believe what is written here, die a quick painful sales death? Nothing matters but 1 thing, sales. After this goes out to market, only 1 thing will effect Infiniti about what direction to take thisw car: will it sell and how well. All of our guessing is meaningless, we all have our own opinions, and no matter how strong for or against, bottom line will be sales figures.

Sales guys on this post, I am asking you, how many pre orders for the coupe do you have to date, and please also post after the NY show so we can see if there is additional reaction.

You first Gen lovers have, in your personal opinion, the ideal car in your driveway, and I am glad to know you love it so much. Respect and love for your ride is alive and well, and you have proven that. BUT the fact that you are not in love with the next gen is not all that different from many other model changes in other brands, and believe you me, all that Infiniti cares about is more sales, not making previous owners next model owners. Of course if they can keep ALL owners happy AND get new sales, that is the best of both worlds. But at the end of the day if they sold X G35 units per year, and they sell X + 1 G37's, they have a hit. plain and simple. Its all about more, more sales, more buyers, and no matter how many times you say here it looks like the altima, it looks soooo bad, it does not look like the concept, you are still too early to call this car a no sale on the showroom floor. Only time will tell.

and 1 more thing...
If you ask me, the headlights on this model look 100% better then the older gen, that is actually 1 thing that has stopped me from buying the G35, so my 2 cents is, good job Infiniti, you almost have my deposite in your bank.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Sukairain

Seriously, the G37 design is beautiful, the only thing people really object to is the front bumper and rear spoiler. Now both of them can be corrected very easily by infiniti. The trunk chrome spoiler can be covered over with a factory spoiler (look at the leaked pictures of the car on the track again), the front bumper can be corrected very easily as well.

I certainly hope Infiniti doesn't wait 2 years to make a concept-looking front bumper on the G. I wonder if Nismo will make a concept-looking spoiler for afternarket purposes.

I don't necessarily think the new front bumper design looks bad - it simply doesn't look like a G Coupe. The new design looks more like a Lexus or Mercedes wannabe.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:45 PM
GGG Ya

idc if it's outdated, i still think my g35 is beautiful and even though the g37 will perform better, it's nowhere near as stunning
Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 AM
gspotter

The G37 will perform better than the G35, but it simply looks more generic now (headlights so similar to a lot of other cars) and not as unique as the G35.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:27 AM
frshgcoupe

Originally Posted by Sukairain
Seriously, the G37 design is beautiful, the only thing people really object to is the front bumper and rear spoiler. Now both of them can be corrected very easily by infiniti. The trunk chrome spoiler can be covered over with a factory spoiler (look at the leaked pictures of the car on the track again), the front bumper can be corrected very easily as well.

I certainly hope Infiniti doesn't wait 2 years to make a concept-looking front bumper on the G. I wonder if Nismo will make a concept-looking spoiler for afternarket purposes.

I don't necessarily think the new front bumper design looks bad - it simply doesn't look like a G Coupe. The new design looks more like a Lexus or Mercedes wannabe.

ooooorrrrrr YOU (the people) can change it after they buy it due to the aftermarket world which will definately offer better front bumpers and probably a wider variety....thats one thing you guys are forgetting u can always change it yourself if you dont like it that much thats all no biggie
Old 04-02-2007, 05:03 PM
FlameOn
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
These are the most ignorant comments I've ever heard. It overheats when pushed hard? How many 335i's had overheating problems? less than 10 cases I've heard of. Now lets see...

"Too bad Infiniti G35 engines eat oil, they're unreliable crap" is basically the same statement made towards infinitis....

and as Picus said in another thread, 41 BMW M3 engines blow and all of a sudden M3's have "bad engine problems" .... right
That's how rumors start man, once they begin they catch a life of their own, regardless if its true or not.

Quick Reply: G37 Will Be > Than G35 Regardless