G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Will Be > Than G35 Regardless

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
^^^ Nice post, you said alot of what I have been thinking!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 06CoupeDaddy
What I'd like to see is a poll in July or August on how many current owners (IF THEY DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MONEY) would take the new G over the old one.
I would like to see that poll as well and would definitely put money on it being more popular then than it is now.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:22 PM
skaterbasist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there's anything I've learned from this sub-forum, its that unlike the 06 sedan to the 07 sedan, the G35 to the G37 attracts a whole different group.

I've noticed that most of the G37 admirers are people who seem more casual, and less sport oriented.

While most of the G37 critics (current G35c owners) are people who adore the sportiness of the current G35 coupe, and are very sport oriented (enthusiasts).

Not stereotyping here, but it seems as if we have a G division!

It seems as if I fall as a G37 critic; but I'll hold back on my opinions until I see it in person.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM
whassupG

How is it not sporty? Besides the subjective appearance of the new G, I see everything else being "sportier." They implemented a new engine, revised the suspension, brakes, and chassis. Seems silly and a waste of money to me if they are going for less sport and more female drivers.

I think the new G will sell just as well if not better than the current G.

Last edited by whassupG; 04-04-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by FAST1
It's not rocket science. If you know an engine's torque curve, the car's curb weight, and gearing, you can come up with a really close guess as to how that car will perform. Almost everyone gets hooked on the advertised HP number, but as those who have owned Porsches know, you can have a really fast car with a comparatively low HP number, as long as the curb weight is low and the engine has a great torque curve.
you are spot on!. call the media... inform them they're wasting money on test drives... hell.. they might even give you $.02 for that advice!

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 04-04-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
bassholic

you guys are so funny. HOw come every one seems to think the styling of the car has really changed that much......Oh maybe b/c of the little 37 on the rear? I wonder who will have the ***** to remove it first
Old 04-04-2007, 07:05 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by whassupG
How is it not sporty? Besides the subjective appearance of the new G, I see everything else being "sportier." They implemented a new engine, revised the suspension, brakes, and chassis. Seems silly and a waste of money to me if they are going for less sport and more female drivers.

I think the new G will sell just as well if not better than the current G.
I think you missed my point. I never said it was not sporty. So try not to misquote me

My post was based on appearance, not performance. Of course the G37 will outperform the G35; its a given.

It's definitely going to sell like hot cakes! But visually, its going to attract a different crowd. I'm guessing Lexus owners due to the similarities on its appearance.

Originally Posted by bassholic
you guys are so funny. HOw come every one seems to think the styling of the car has really changed that much......Oh maybe b/c of the little 37 on the rear? I wonder who will have the ***** to remove it first
I agree, it hasn't changed much. But its changed enough to make it significantly different.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
jokerzcard6

Hmm.. the way i felt about the Sedan was the same way I feel about the coupe when i first saw it. It didn't appeal to me and looked like a screw up, but i'm confident that once i see it in person it will grow on me at least as much as the current gen. One thing that i cannot ignore is the gorgeous interior, wow i'm jealous coming from a '04 coupe. It looks so BMW materialish and so feature rich =)
Old 04-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Pauley

I definitely think the G37 will grow on people.People hated the Bmw 745 remodel in 01-02, wanted Chris Bangle fired.Fast forward he"s still there, still designing cars and Bmw's are selling!I like the idea of having a $35-40k car that has a luxury look of a $60+ car like a 6 series. If you want lux/sport g37,if not then wait for 370z which should be sport.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:26 PM
06CoupeDaddy

Ya' know... I'm with "whassupG" here. How in the WORLD could one look at the new G coupe and not consider it MUCH MORE "sporty" than the existing one. Yeah, Infiniti tried the sport brakes via Brembo earlier and people jumped up and down about the cost to replace pads and rotors. What did we end up with then... dual-piston calipers up front and singles in the rear.

Now in the new one we've got true 4-piston units up front and twins in the rear. Bigger engine, better trans, revised and updated suspension geometry, etc. That mean sporty in anyone's book.

Then if you really look at the much debated front bumper, it's much more agressive with the 'fake' brake ducts than the ones we have now (06 Coupe).

Gotta' say I think it's more agressive, albeit rounder... agressive none the less. JMHO of course.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
the new sedan always looked good imo (better then 1st gen sedan).
however the new g37 does lack the visuals the 1st gen had/has.

the new design will grow on us... it has to... cause there isnt a gen3 anytime soon.

i remeber what honda did with the preludes...
cant remember which gen just years...

1989 wedge front end

when the new body style came out (prob a few years before 1996) people down right hated it.
1996 softened the entire car, completely change the interior including digital gauges.
honda acknowledge this hate and refreshed the car in 1997, removed the digital crap gauges and refreshed the design of the 1989 style. people loved it... just couldnt sell enough to keep the prelude in production.

so it is possible for the manufactures to fix their fup... but its gonna take years and years.

ppp

The wedge front on the Prelude happened a couple of generations before '89. The '83 had it and so did the first version but to a lesser extent.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:45 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
^ For a car that no one has driven yet, you really seem to have everything all figured out.
LOL, pretty true. Funny how everything that isn't known yet becomes so black and white.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:02 PM
wes g
Joanne

Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
the new sedan always looked good imo (better then 1st gen sedan).
however the new g37 does lack the visuals the 1st gen had/has.

the new design will grow on us... it has to... cause there isnt a gen3 anytime soon.

i remeber what honda did with the preludes...
cant remember which gen just years...

1989 wedge front end

when the new body style came out (prob a few years before 1996) people down right hated it.
1996 softened the entire car, completely change the interior including digital gauges.
honda acknowledge this hate and refreshed the car in 1997, removed the digital crap gauges and refreshed the design of the 1989 style. people loved it... just couldnt sell enough to keep the prelude in production.

so it is possible for the manufactures to fix their fup... but its gonna take years and years.

ppp
honda did good with the preludes well the 1992-96 then in 97 the car went to hell