Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol can i change my vote... BOMB

ppp
Old 04-04-2007, 01:56 PM
G-WannaBe

Originally Posted by JoeP
bombs away.. after that webshow.
look at the poll results of your own thread, 69% TO 31%, and some even voted option C, THE CAR IS A HIT & more buyers in general. (my choice as well)

The new car was not supposed to look like the old one, and it was not supposed to look exactly like the concept. They did a good job of keeping enough here to make it trace its roots back to the first gen, while putting more into the design and make it new and fresh at the same time.

How anyone can say here they think this is too conservative and then also say they are headed over to the big B for a 3 is totallly lost on me - the new 335 is a good drivers car, but has almost no visual impact. You may not like the way the new G37 looks, but it has more looks then the 335s.

Personally I think it looks a hell of a lot better, and I think they will keep or add market share here. The only reason I say they may only stay level in share of the market is the new higher gas prices since the initial launch and the possible effect this may have on high end sports coupes that go fast, haul little, and get in the high teens to low 20s for MPG.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:06 PM
CtK
Registered Member

JoeP im glad you dont like it, you would just ruin it with all the crap you have put on ur car :P LOL J/K!!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:06 PM
JoeP

oh no.. the 335i is no way a choice for me.. great engine, im sure its a great car.. but WAY too bland.. even worse then the g37
Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
gspotter

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
look at the poll results of your own thread, 69% TO 31%, and some even voted option C, THE CAR IS A HIT & more buyers in general. (my choice as well)

The new car was not supposed to look like the old one, and it was not supposed to look exactly like the concept. They did a good job of keeping enough here to make it trace its roots back to the first gen, while putting more into the design and make it new and fresh at the same time.

How anyone can say here they think this is too conservative and then also say they are headed over to the big B for a 3 is totallly lost on me - the new 335 is a good drivers car, but has almost no visual impact. You may not like the way the new G37 looks, but it has more looks then the 335s.

Personally I think it looks a hell of a lot better, and I think they will keep or add market share here. The only reason I say they may only stay level in share of the market is the new higher gas prices since the initial launch and the possible effect this may have on high end sports coupes that go fast, haul little, and get in the high teens to low 20s for MPG.

The 335i doesn't look as feminine as the G37. That's why there is so much dislike for the G37 on this board, IMO. Infiniti took the G35 and gave it a sex change.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Sukairain

Originally Posted by gspotter
The 335i doesn't look as feminine as the G37. That's why there is so much dislike for the G37 on this board, IMO. Infiniti took the G35 and gave it a sex change.
Well, it makes perfect sense actually. Think about it - Infiniti made a male G already, so why would they make another male coupe? So for second gen they make a female G so the two can go on romatic road trips and sip afternoon tea by the beach.

God didn't make a man and then make another man.

Heck the new Altima looks more masculine than the G Coupe.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:42 PM
frshgcoupe

But the altima is not putting out 330hp, and its NOT A G37
Old 04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
nghiars

Like someone said earlier.. its hard to live up to the current G coupe because it set infiniti apart... and understanding that, they did not want to stray too far from its wide stance and sportiness. Also because of how well the 07 sedans are doing, im sure they wanted to make it similar to that. This car will sell regardless of our opinions... alot of it having to do with how well the current G performs... ppo know this car will perform as well.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
gspotter

The biggest disappointment for me is the G37's front end. When you see a G35 Coupe coming down the road towards you, you can identify it from a long way away. It was unique with the vertical headlights. The G37 won't be so noticeable from a distance. Not as unique and more generic.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
JoeP

Originally Posted by gspotter
The biggest disappointment for me is the G37's front end. When you see a G35 Coupe coming down the road towards you, you can identify it from a long way away. It was unique with the vertical headlights. The G37 won't be so noticeable from a distance. Not as unique and more generic.
Thats the reason i bought my car in the 1st place.
And the only reason i got a new car itch is becuase ive been staring at the same picture on my wallpaper for the last year and a half.