66.67%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Whats the chances of nissan Bombing(failing) on the g37

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:17 AM
FAST1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stpdevil
Eh, the BMW thing isn't a great example... I still hate the 7 series, detest the 5, and fall asleep while looking at the 3.

But ya, none of us can make a real assessment until we've seen it in person and had a good look at it inside and out.
About the best thing that I can say about the 7 series is that it was real ugly and with the design improvements that BMW made, the car is now just ugly. I wonder if the design guys at BMW know anything about the concept of symmetry and flow. It seems to me that one guy at BMW designed the front and another the rear and then a third the middle, and then someone just welded all the pieces together.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Potty_Pants

the car has always and prob will always (gen2+) be very attractive to ladies... to get in the passenger seat.

its truely hard to belive a 2k car (lotus) can weigh 50% less then the G37 and out perform it. the only thing is that it doesnt have back seats... but from what im hearing the new rear seat room is MORE cramped then Gen 1... and Gen 1 was almost unusable for rear headroom.

I was all hyped up about Gen2... looks like now I have to entertain other options as well. and to top it off the dealer is going to charge me MSRP for this ? uh for 3k more I can get a nicely equipped 335i. decisions decisions.

ppp
Old 03-30-2007, 09:27 AM
gspotter

Originally Posted by FAST1
My take. Infiniti blew us away with the G35. It was so much better than anything that they did in the past, that it was hard to believe that Infiniti could actually have done it. If the car were a final examination, and I were the teacher, I would have to believe that Infiniti somehow cheated.

So now the bar was raised. We or least many of us, expected a great deal from Infiniti based on the first generation car. If BMW released the G37 design, people would be ecstatic since they lowered expectations so much that if they come up with a design that isn't down right ugly, people are happy.

So I think it's safe to say that although the G37 is far, far from ugly, Infiniti certainly didn't hit the home run like it did with the G35.

I agree- as I've said before, the G37 is not a home run. It is too conservative- simply the Sedan with two doors. Can't blame Infiniti for going conservative, but they won't be selling a new G37 to me. If I got into a crash and had to replace my G35, I'd look elsewhere.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 AM
WILD121
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i like more sport in my coupe......if i have to get a new car its going to be GTR or another G35
Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 AM
ChristianN

I doubt it will fail, but following the success of the new sedan I really doubt this design will be a home run. I agree that it definitely falls short of the sexiness of the first gen coupe.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Mountian Pirate

You really have to love the enhancements that are being claimed for this new G-37.I would love to have the higher hp engine, but...Somehow, unlike when I saw the G-35 for the fiirst time this car does'nt scream "Buy Me!". The new G-37 pictures do not impart the emotional impact I experianced when I saw the G for the first time.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:14 AM
N50

Have yet to see it person so I'm not sure. I'd say there's a 80% chance they won't fail.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:26 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by WILD121
i like more sport in my coupe......if i have to get a new car its going to be GTR or another G35
Good point. I believe that's why i don't have the same 'negative' reaction to the g37 as many of you do. I'm looking for a sporty car with lexus like qualities. The only cars i like at this level in my price range are the lexus is350, g37 and the bmw 335i. The is350s interior is awesome.. exterior is boring, 335is interior/exterior is also boring but the experience is great. The new g37 combines many of the qualities i like from both of them and adds a very sportscar like stance to boot!

I think the g35 coupe stands just fine on its own.. no comparisons need be made between it and the new g37. I bought one three years ago and loved every minute of it. When i look at the g37 the only qualities i'm looking to carry over from the old g35 is the sound it makes when you stomp on the gas, the wide stance and the sporty look. I'm happy to lose that pitiful interior though. I was excited by the concept.. awesome looking. When i saw those mule track pics i was pissed like the rest of you... then when infin. mike. posted pics of the production car it just clicked. Its not a g35.. thankfully.. that's a good thing because the once unique looks of my old g are starting to blend in with other cars on the road today. to each his/her own!

To stay on topic i dont think the car will fail.. there are just too many smart people thinking about how to make money off of it. Contrary to popular belief i dont think we.. the posters on this forum.. are the typical car buyer. Most people I know dont spend hours and hours and hours foaming at the mouth over a forum post containing the latest spyshot of a car behind camo. drapes. We are over enthusiastic about cars. I dont think most see cars the way we do.. we are definately a small percentage of the buying public. The buyer who still loves the lines of their g35 might be the only person left out in the cold. If my theory holds true then i'm their target buyer.. THANK YOU this car is HOT!

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 03-30-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:51 PM
ampm24

Although I'm holding final judgment until I see it in person, I can safely say that from the pictures, I love it. Almost everything about it. I love the front fenders and the rear too. There have been many times when looking at the 1st Gen in pictures, that I thought it looked plain, even boring at times. It depends on the angles, the lighting, and the reflections in the paint. I've never seen one in person that didn't impress me though. I've studied this thing as best as I can from the photos we have, and have compared it to the concept and to the 1st gen, and have come to my own personal conclusion, that it's a perfect evolution. It's almost spot on with the concept, and very close to the original. The front bumper that everyone complains about reminds me of a common after market bumper for the 1st gen and can more easily fit an after market IC when a turbo kit becomes available. The bumper on the concept looks more like a Lexus or the 1st gen bumper then the new one. It's all opinion and personal preference though. I will be honored to be seen driving one of these around, and I'm sure many other people will be too, which is why I think it will be a hit.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:10 PM
bulldog25

I dont think it will be a hit. I think it will maintain its market share. It just might do so by attracting a more feminine buyer. I think more ladies will driving the new gen g37. It looks too much like a Lexus up front for me personally.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
It won't bomb, it will attract a new market, being 25-45 professional males, that are not really into modding their cars, which is what I think Nissan/Infiniti wants their market to be for this car. As for them trying to attract more women, that is why they put out the Altima Coupe, to grap the female buyers. As a little experiment I asked every female in my office (ranging from 25-45) what they thought of it, all said it was to big and looked to much like a guys car, while most said they loved the altima coupe, just thought this was funny!!

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 03-30-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:08 PM
gurug

i just dont how is it feminine... ? or at least any more than the old one.. its almost the same thing with the less-"eccentric" headlamps....
Old 03-30-2007, 02:40 PM
FAST1

Although I'm holding final judgment until I see it in person, I can safely say that from the pictures, I love it.

Well, that's great for you. I believe that one of the most important criteria in buying a car is does it pass the "does it put a smile on my face" test. Lucky is the guy who can find a car that will past that test in a price range that he can afford.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Sukairain

I think the front bumper could be better (like the concept). The headlights could use dual projector setup and change out the amber stripe. The rear trunk lid could use some work........ Still, the car shown is still much sexier than any other car at this price point/segment. I really don't think there is a possibility this car will fail. It might not have the same sales number as the original coupe, (because the new sedan looks very nice as well) but it most definitely won't bomb.

Just take a look at the Audi A5 and BMW 3 series coupe - BORING!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Hypnoz

It will at least sell 5-10% more than it is selling now. Not a home run in my book.

They really should of just made the exterior the same as the concept. Not sure why you guys think it'll attract more females as I do not think it looks any more feminine.

And for you who say you want a more "sporty" coupe, this will be the sportiest coupe you can buy in this price range. It will have the sportiest suspension, brakes, and dynamics.

Quick Reply: Whats the chances of nissan Bombing(failing) on the g37