Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Poll: Which G Coupe looks better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
when i placed my deposit i was quoted msrp.. whatever that might be.. nothing higher.. little chance it'll be below that.
How do deposits work? The $$ is applied to the price? Is it refundable? I guess ur limited to that dealership then. Also, no room for dealin? Like using other dealerships in the area to create competition. I think i may stop by one near my work in a few minutes during lunch.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Triple8Sol

Although some people might be biased, I can step back and know that I'm not. I was a loyal Maxima enthusiast. When I totalled mine, I didn't even bother considering the current 6th gen. It was ugly to me when it 1st came out, has grown on me a bit to where I can tolerate it, but I still don't like it. I know this G coupe would be the same way, and I wouldn't buy it. Same thing with the new BMW 3-series sedans...ugh. At least BMW made their coupe look much better than the sedan though!
Old 03-27-2007, 01:19 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
How do deposits work? The $$ is applied to the price? Is it refundable? I guess ur limited to that dealership then. Also, no room for dealin? Like using other dealerships in the area to create competition. I think i may stop by one near my work in a few minutes during lunch.
i gave them a check for 1k.. non refundable.. applied to the price. Around May they'll order exactly what i'm looking for to be delvered around the aug21 release date. When prices are announced i'll go back in to sign the contract.

In order to do a deal like this you have to be confident you want the new g.. else you're screwed out of 1k or find another infiniti car. I'm very confident the new G is for me.... price will dictate the options i'll spring for.

... little known fact.. the dealership i'm buying from "Kelly Infiniti in boston" was the first infiniti dealership in the US. They've been around for a while. Word of mouth sent me their way..
Old 03-27-2007, 01:54 PM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From just looking at the pics, I would have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in the appearance of the 2008 G37 coupe over the previous generation, but I'm going to reserve my judgment until I get to see one "in person".

No matter how good the quality of the pics are, you are still looking at a 2-dimensional representation of a (complex) 3-dimensional object. There are many cars I thought looked really nice on paper only to turn out looking not so great when seen in person, and vice versa.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Ahujadaddy

i gave them a check for 1k.. non refundable.. applied to the price. Around May they'll order exactly what i'm looking for to be delvered around the aug21 release date. When prices are announced i'll go back in to sign the contract.

In order to do a deal like this you have to be confident you want the new g.. else you're screwed out of 1k or find another infiniti car. I'm very confident the new G is for me.... price will dictate the options i'll spring for.

... little known fact.. the dealership i'm buying from "Kelly Infiniti in boston" was the first infiniti dealership in the US. They've been around for a while. Word of mouth sent me their way..
I just got back from one in my area... put my name on a "waiting list" (which im sure is just a notify list). He said i can put down depoisit and that would bump my name up with the rest of the ppl who put money... however when asked about wether it was refundable, he skated around the answer and said they rlly couldnt just TAKE my money. then he got up and asked someone, came back and said that they would get a check from me or credit card #, but would not rrlly charge my credit card, and that if i change my mind it rlly shouldn't be a problem. Iunno... seems sketchy, and id hafta see it in writting. Oh well, i may pull the trigger after seeing at NYIAS with my own eyes... also i need color selection!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:55 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
I just got back from one in my area... put my name on a "waiting list" (which im sure is just a notify list). He said i can put down depoisit and that would bump my name up with the rest of the ppl who put money... however when asked about wether it was refundable, he skated around the answer and said they rlly couldnt just TAKE my money. then he got up and asked someone, came back and said that they would get a check from me or credit card #, but would not rrlly charge my credit card, and that if i change my mind it rlly shouldn't be a problem. Iunno... seems sketchy, and id hafta see it in writting. Oh well, i may pull the trigger after seeing at NYIAS with my own eyes... also i need color selection!
i'll be at the show next friday (apr 6).. pm me if you'll be there same day.
bm
Old 03-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Superman

Unhappy Poll: Which G Coupe looks better?

My mouth was watering when I saw the pics of the concept 2008 G35. I couldn't wait to see the final version.

Now that I have, I think they missed their mark.

I like the new sedan, alot actually. And the coupe concept was going to be fantastically hot! However, i think what they have done is basically used the sedan as a base and to save money, fit it to be a coupe. It is definitely NOT as sporty or sleek as the concept led us on to believe.

It is a redesigned Lexus IS 350.

I am most disappointed in Nissan for changing what could have been something great.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:27 PM
wyatthanson

Thank you for putting this in a new thread. You could have used this to reply to any number of identical opinions.

Regardless, a lot of us feel the same way. But be patient. Imagine it with some tint, aggressive wheels, a drop, etc.

The car has more potential than a Gen I, even if stock is pretty bland.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Ahujadaddy

i'll be at the show next friday (apr 6).. pm me if you'll be there same day.
bm
ahh, i had to push it back a week cuz im tryin to meet up with a friend that goes to school in the area but will be on spring break at the time.

that's a whole extra week that my eyes hafta wait now =(
ill be lookin out for the pics u take while there, bm.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Ginxed

What if the current 1st gen design would actually be the new 2nd gen design and we all saw pictures of it for the first time? How would people respond?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:18 PM
verbal assassin
Banned

looks like Infiniti decided to go with the "grown-up" look. i bet their marketing guys visited the site and saw how many 16 years old riced out the G and tarnised the image of Infiniti. so they decided to go for Class and not rice.

I say its a good thing. Seeing all those G with fiber glass kits, ugly stickers ricer corners and think just because they have all those they are better then everyone else is beyond me.

It might back fire though. Seeing how people love throwing kits on everything, the 08 G might also get riced up.

So far, havn't seen any Mercedes, Lexus or BWM that are as riced out as the G.

Wonder why?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
atlast

wow i tottally agree with u!!! but people that actually seen the car in real life said the car dont look as bad as pictures. any input?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:40 AM
bostonmerlin

trust me.. people would still find things to complain about.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 AM
wyatthanson

I am in WA and I use Sal Benanti at Ramsey Infiniti in NJ. The guy & service were good enough to get me as a customer from across the country for my FX.
I'm going back for the G this summer.
My deposit is refundable, also.
Sbenanti@gmail.com

I definitely recommend anybody interested to contact him. Never had a car purchase gone so smoothly.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
gspotter

Originally Posted by verbal assassin
looks like Infiniti decided to go with the "grown-up" look. i bet their marketing guys visited the site and saw how many 16 years old riced out the G and tarnised the image of Infiniti. so they decided to go for Class and not rice.

I say its a good thing. Seeing all those G with fiber glass kits, ugly stickers ricer corners and think just because they have all those they are better then everyone else is beyond me.

It might back fire though. Seeing how people love throwing kits on everything, the 08 G might also get riced up.

So far, havn't seen any Mercedes, Lexus or BWM that are as riced out as the G.

Wonder why?

Clear corners are "rice"? Idiot.