Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Poll: Which G Coupe looks better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 02:09 PM
nghiars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frshgcoupe
wow you guys are really serious about liking the first gen better huh? let me ask you this what will the outcome be after 4 months say after the new one is out and on the streets wat about the mods that come out for it wat about the different colors you see etc. going to the infiniti dealer and taking one for a test drive i bet all of you change your minds... you must realize we are looking at photos and reading about the numbers people dont worry itll be different months from now.... dont get me wrong i love the first gen i have an 05 and love everything about it but sometimes change is good and u cant be stuck in the past its going to be 2009 and you are still going to talk about how you like the 1st gen better? i just think things will be different after it hits the streets or maybe it might take the ''G50'' to come out and then youll fall in love with that even though it will be based off of the new body but just crazy hp and torque numbers
most of us are biased whether we'll admit it or not
Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
BadBoy06

Big Big Disappointment To Me
Old 03-23-2007, 03:07 PM
irishsig

I still love the looks of my 06 MT more but I'll have to wait and see the 08 in person to make a final decision.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
BlkonBlkG

07 vs. 04
Attached Thumbnails Poll: Which G Coupe looks better?-03_23_07_1325.jpg  
Old 03-23-2007, 05:16 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Paperchaser
its not growing on me so far

as far as the 07 sedan I loved it at first site just as i loved the 1st Gen Gcoupe when it first came out

...its a sad day when the sedan version looks better than the coupe version

as far as looks go...IMO
1st gen coupe > 1st gen sedan
1st gen coupe > 2nd gen coupe
1st gen coupe = 2nd gen sedan
2nd gen coupe > 1st gen sedan
2nd gen coupe < 1st gen coupe
2nd gen coupe < 2nd gen sedan

Dude the 2nd Gen Sedan looks like a 1st gen sedan refresh, the 2nd gen coupe looks totally different from the 1st gen, so how can you say the 2008 G37 is not as hot as 2007 G35 Sedan
Old 03-24-2007, 11:16 AM
fabulustt7

i amd defiantely not biased i was waiting for this refined version to drop so i can buy one and now that infini has messed up im kind of nervous beause i only have concepts to rely on for 2009. i hope these cars aren't as much of a failure as the 08 coupe. when i say failure, i dont actually mean its bad, but when i look at it and read the specs its an improvement yes, but slightly. they should have just called the 08 coupe a face lift and not a redesign. the concept was a redisign. the concept was lightyears ahead of 1st gen. sideview cameras...glass roof, the body itself was everything that i liked about my g but more muscular. the interior of the concept looked like a space ship. now im hear hoping for validity of a g50 before i make my move to audi's rs class
Old 03-24-2007, 11:21 AM
frshgcoupe

Originally Posted by fabulustt7
i amd defiantely not biased i was waiting for this refined version to drop so i can buy one and now that infini has messed up im kind of nervous beause i only have concepts to rely on for 2009. i hope these cars aren't as much of a failure as the 08 coupe. when i say failure, i dont actually mean its bad, but when i look at it and read the specs its an improvement yes, but slightly. they should have just called the 08 coupe a face lift and not a redesign. the concept was a redisign. the concept was lightyears ahead of 1st gen. sideview cameras...glass roof, the body itself was everything that i liked about my g but more muscular. the interior of the concept looked like a space ship. now im hear hoping for validity of a g50 before i make my move to audi's rs class
u know what thats something that i can definately agree with maybe it would have been better off in most peoples eyes if it was called a facelift and not a redesign even though i like the new coupe the majority of people probably would not have as much dissappointment if it was just a facelift
Old 03-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Paperchaser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
OK mr. 1 post
hilarious

Originally Posted by TheFU
All I can say is the poll is skewed by all the people on these boards who own 2005+ G35s. They know they cannot afford to get out of their leases and so instead they must become a hater in order to still be able to get into their car each day without regret. It happens all the time with cars and model changes...no different here than anywhere else.

I for one am selling my 2003 MINI S to buy one of these. Upgrade for sure! And, I could buy a '07 for a song in July but instead I will pay a bit more for more refined version of the car.
I am a '04 G35 coupe owner & my car is completely paid for, so I dont have the problem u talk about, I was actually going to sell my coupe after this summer so I can buy the 2gen coupe when it comes out, but thats not gonna happen now!! so my opinion is completely honest.

Last edited by Paperchaser; 03-24-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Paperchaser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raheel
Dude the 2nd Gen Sedan looks like a 1st gen sedan refresh, the 2nd gen coupe looks totally different from the 1st gen, so how can you say the 2008 G37 is not as hot as 2007 G35 Sedan
dont wanna get off topic but i hated (& still do) the 1st gen sedan 2nd gen sedan looks a lot more sportier in the rear & the front end nose the changes to the new sedan & the new coupe are similair ...just face lifts but the lines of the car flow a lot smoother on the new sedan!! (maybe u are biased toward the new sedan )

Originally Posted by frshgcoupe
wow you guys are really serious about liking the first gen better huh? let me ask you this what will the outcome be after 4 months say after the new one is out and on the streets wat about the mods that come out for it wat about the different colors you see etc. going to the infiniti dealer and taking one for a test drive i bet all of you change your minds... you must realize we are looking at photos and reading about the numbers people dont worry itll be different months from now.... dont get me wrong i love the first gen i have an 05 and love everything about it but sometimes change is good and u cant be stuck in the past its going to be 2009 and you are still going to talk about how you like the 1st gen better? i just think things will be different after it hits the streets or maybe it might take the ''G50'' to come out and then youll fall in love with that even though it will be based off of the new body but just crazy hp and torque numbers
I see ur point & I'll admit
...the 2nd gen coupe wins as far as power & most likely performance
...the 2nd gen coupe wins as far as better interior (based on the 4drs interior becuz i havent seen interior pics) but 4dr interior is off the hook
...I'll admit the 2nd gen coupe is a better car!! yes all true

....but EVERYONE IS FORGETTING THIS POLL SAYS WHICH LOOKS BETTER!!!!
& THAT MY FRIEND GOES TO THE 1ST GEN!!!

there are lots of ppl on this site like myself who bought the G for looks 1st & performance & features 2nd these are most likely the ppl who will not get the "upgrade" ...it is an upgrade for sure ...it just isnt better looking!!

my .04
Old 03-24-2007, 05:05 PM
shak6uf

Originally Posted by Paperchaser
its not growing on me so far

as far as the 07 sedan I loved it at first site just as i loved the 1st Gen Gcoupe when it first came out

...its a sad day when the sedan version looks better than the coupe version

as far as looks go...IMO
1st gen coupe > 1st gen sedan
1st gen coupe > 2nd gen coupe
1st gen coupe = 2nd gen sedan
2nd gen coupe > 1st gen sedan
2nd gen coupe < 1st gen coupe
2nd gen coupe < 2nd gen sedan
Exactly my rating... I fell in love with the 2nd Gen G35 sedan the first time I saw it. Not the same for tthe coupe I must say - the uniqueness and muscularity are gone. Its the sedan from the front end. Ill keep my coupe and buy a sedan for a second car.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:18 PM
bostonmerlin

Thumbs up

i voted for the 2nd gen. drove to the dealer yesterday and looked at an 07 g35 coupe and sedan. the sedan looks good.. the new style is fresh... the coupe on the otherhand looked awesome, fresh, new back in 2003, 2004 and around 2005 but now it's looking a bit dated . not to mention the inside has not improved at all since i owned a 2004 model... yes.. minor tweaks but nothing major until now. i put a deposit down on the g37. I've read many threads talking about infiniti-lexus looks.. for me.. that's exactly what i'm going for. Lots of luxury with lots of fun. Can't wait!

I dont take offense at those who dont like the new looks.. thats great.. just not my feelings. Next week i'll see the new coupe in person at the NY show... I dont anticipate being let down. The first pics of the g at the arizona track sucked.. just terrible. The latest pics from infini. mike changed my mind the second i saw them.

I owned a 2004 coupe.. hated the interior.. loved the exterior.. except for the big fat *** on the car and that wall of door metal on each side. i love the 2004gc from only a few select angles... damn it sounded great. I loved the whole package.. hated certain aspects of the design but overall it was a win. With the new g i dont expect i'll love every angle but the improvements i've seen so far will keep the overall G design in tact and fresh for the next three or four years.
bm

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 03-26-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
^^^+1. I think it is HOT!! Can't wait to get my hands on one. But, I still respect that alot of the people don't like it as much as I do. That's cool, because if there is not a huge demand for them, then I can get a better deal on mine.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
dukmahsik

1st gen baby
Old 03-27-2007, 10:02 AM
bigbadbns

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
^^^+1. I think it is HOT!! Can't wait to get my hands on one. But, I still respect that alot of the people don't like it as much as I do. That's cool, because if there is not a huge demand for them, then I can get a better deal on mine.
you speak my mind.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:23 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak

when i placed my deposit i was quoted msrp.. whatever that might be.. nothing higher.. little chance it'll be below that.

Quick Reply: Poll: Which G Coupe looks better?