G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Poll: Which G Coupe looks better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
o0MrJujuBee0o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's my day two after seeing the new G ... and I like the look now. I had the same problem with the 2nd Gen G Sedan when it came out. I guess it just takes time to let go of the old styles cause they were so nice looking. So my vote goes out to 2nd Gen G Coupe.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
o0MrJujuBee0o

Originally Posted by dilettante
The only things I don't like are the taillights. The outside shape seems a bit off, but the rest is fine and pretty much in line with the direction of the sedan and concept.
I agree. I think the tail lights shouldve been rounded off on the sides.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Paperchaser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by o0MrJujuBee0o
It's my day two after seeing the new G ... and I like the look now. I had the same problem with the 2nd Gen G Sedan when it came out. I guess it just takes time to let go of the old styles cause they were so nice looking. So my vote goes out to 2nd Gen G Coupe.
its not growing on me so far

as far as the 07 sedan I loved it at first site just as i loved the 1st Gen Gcoupe when it first came out

...its a sad day when the sedan version looks better than the coupe version

as far as looks go...IMO
1st gen coupe > 1st gen sedan
1st gen coupe > 2nd gen coupe
1st gen coupe = 2nd gen sedan
2nd gen coupe > 1st gen sedan
2nd gen coupe < 1st gen coupe
2nd gen coupe < 2nd gen sedan
Old 03-22-2007, 08:39 PM
6MTzer

It's all good.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:46 PM
repyoself

1st gen looks alot better imo...the next gen coupe...just looking at it at automobilemag just looks alot different compare to the damn concept...plus the backside looks alot smaller and front looks alot longer imo. not too sound all biased about it, just my 2 cents
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 PM
rjcs03

old gen ftw!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:53 AM
wyatthanson

2nd Gen.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 AM
TheFU

All I can say is the poll is skewed by all the people on these boards who own 2005+ G35s. They know they cannot afford to get out of their leases and so instead they must become a hater in order to still be able to get into their car each day without regret. It happens all the time with cars and model changes...no different here than anywhere else.

I for one am selling my 2003 MINI S to buy one of these. Upgrade for sure! And, I could buy a '07 for a song in July but instead I will pay a bit more for more refined version of the car.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 AM
inTgr8r
Proud member of the COFC

Originally Posted by TheFU
All I can say is the poll is skewed by all the people on these boards who own 2005+ G35s. They know they cannot afford to get out of their leases and so instead they must become a hater in order to still be able to get into their car each day without regret. It happens all the time with cars and model changes...no different here than anywhere else.

I for one am selling my 2003 MINI S to buy one of these. Upgrade for sure! And, I could buy a '07 for a song in July but instead I will pay a bit more for more refined version of the car.
OK mr. 1 post
Old 03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
RBull

Originally Posted by TheFU

Yeah sure. Why answer a poll dishonestly just because you might not intend on getting a new car?

I don't plan on buying an '08 but it doesn't make me a hater.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:32 PM
icab

I'm disappointed with the rear. The trunk lid is so tiny and the taillightts are not as aggressive as the ones on the concept.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:36 PM
lekker_droom

It doesn't really look much different. The engine however, woohoo, 330hp, I'd love to have.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Rphillips6487

obviosly there will be baised answers

but trying my best to forget that I have the first gen and observing the two...

I think that the 2nd gen coupe could have some potential. the front bumer is where I focus my comment on.. the bumper in my opinion has a lot of similarity to that of the kuruma z bumper. Therefore, i think ill like the 2nd gen coupe in person when i see the front bumper

as for the rear and sides on the 2nd generation coupe... not really a fan, maybe itll change when I see the whole car in person

looking at the 1st gen coupe, if i could change anything or rather switch something stock for stock from the 2nd gen coupe, i would get the front headlights, possibly the new grill.. other than that

i like the 1st generation better
Old 03-23-2007, 12:58 PM
nghiars

im not too fond of the front or the rear on the new coupe... its just too busy for me.. same with the sideskirts but nothign a few aftermarket parts cant fix. i loved the 07 sedan when it debuted but my opinion on the new coupe is slowy, very slowly changing from blah to it looks alright... guess i gotta see it in person!
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
frshgcoupe

wow you guys are really serious about liking the first gen better huh? let me ask you this what will the outcome be after 4 months say after the new one is out and on the streets wat about the mods that come out for it wat about the different colors you see etc. going to the infiniti dealer and taking one for a test drive i bet all of you change your minds... you must realize we are looking at photos and reading about the numbers people dont worry itll be different months from now.... dont get me wrong i love the first gen i have an 05 and love everything about it but sometimes change is good and u cant be stuck in the past its going to be 2009 and you are still going to talk about how you like the 1st gen better? i just think things will be different after it hits the streets or maybe it might take the ''G50'' to come out and then youll fall in love with that even though it will be based off of the new body but just crazy hp and torque numbers

Quick Reply: Poll: Which G Coupe looks better?