G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

the g37 is a jeep. whats with that clearence?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:12 AM
RBull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
so infiniti lost a couple of ricers. like they care? so what? they lost a couple of customers to complain about the prices of oil change.. complain about the price of a filter change.. and even boitch about the price of the 30k service..

infiniti has bigger plans. and sadly, you're not in any of them.. why would infiniti want to target a group of ricers who would lease the vehicle for 3 years, cant afford insurance, and when the lease is over, bring the car back with stickers, fiberglass body kits which don't fit perfectly, cracked headlights because someone tried to paint the housing black, bluebatmobile overlays, and some Pos rims from rent-a-wheel with about 2grand still owed on the rims..
LOL,

you're living up to your name.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:15 AM
RBull

Originally Posted by dennisjai
Idiot.. the car that looks low is sitting on grass.. and the others on concrete is not showing it at the right angles, you cannot possibly tell..
You're right, car shots on grass will always look lower. The gen 1 pics are also not at the same angle- taken from pavement level so its not an accurate comparison.

However I would agree from the angles we see the new car at, it does look very high.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
so infiniti lost a couple of ricers. like they care? so what? they lost a couple of customers to complain about the prices of oil change.. complain about the price of a filter change.. and even boitch about the price of the 30k service..

infiniti has bigger plans. and sadly, you're not in any of them.. why would infiniti want to target a group of ricers who would lease the vehicle for 3 years, cant afford insurance, and when the lease is over, bring the car back with stickers, fiberglass body kits which don't fit perfectly, cracked headlights because someone tried to paint the housing black, bluebatmobile overlays, and some Pos rims from rent-a-wheel with about 2grand still owed on the rims..
I was thinking the same thing!! Infiniti is targeting mostly young white collar males with the G37!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM
gspotter

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I was thinking the same thing!! Infiniti is targeting mostly young white collar males with the G37!

Mark my words- after the initial release of the G37, where there is always a bump in sales with the release of a new model, the average yearly sales of the G37 will be less than the G35.

I guess you could call me a young white collar male, as an aesthetically-minded professional engineer who makes good money- the new G37 is a styling disaster. I'm sure it's a better performer than the G35, but here in the Tampa Bay area in Florida where there is so much traffic and cops and all the roads are straight, the performance of my G35 is good enough for me. It sure looks much better than the G37 does though!
Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

If your referring to my post; I'm no ricer... My oldest son is 27 and is currently in medical school... I spent spent several years in the USMC and have made quite enough to retire if I chose to so I only work as a consultant these days and could be driving pretty much any car I want; however, I just loved the style of the G so I leased one. I since have decided to keep this G (especially now that I see the 08) so I will close the lease with a payoff when the term is up.

I learned something long ago; Be careful what you step on; it could blow up and kill you!

Last edited by htownboy; 03-29-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:03 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Raheel
lol man these wars, Mine will be paid for when I drive it off, and yes if you do mods any car can be faster, but Stock to Stock?
WOOHOO!
Yours will be paid for when you drive it off!!! Do you think your the only one that has that option?

Don't be so critical of the 1st. gen because your going to need quite a few extra horses to move those hundreds of extra pounds so I bet the times will be pretty close, yes, even Stock to Stock as you say.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gspotter
Mark my words- after the initial release of the G37, where there is always a bump in sales with the release of a new model, the average yearly sales of the G37 will be less than the G35.

I guess you could call me a young white collar male, as an aesthetically-minded professional engineer who makes good money- the new G37 is a styling disaster. I'm sure it's a better performer than the G35, but here in the Tampa Bay area in Florida where there is so much traffic and cops and all the roads are straight, the performance of my G35 is good enough for me. It sure looks much better than the G37 does though!
Amen!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:09 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by htownboy
WOOHOO!
Yours will be paid for when you drive it off!!! Do you think your the only one that has that option?

Don't be so critical of the 1st. gen because your going to need quite a few extra horses to move those hundreds of extra pounds so I bet the times will be pretty close, yes, even Stock to Stock as you say.
I wasnt at all saying Anything about Money, you were, saying you would be paying yours off by the time we get our 2008's, and insulting us in someway, so I was just saying dont underestimate everyone

and I am not critical of the First Generation, the right suggestion is, you shouldn't be so critical of the Second Generation

Last edited by User 111021; 03-28-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:35 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Raheel
I wasnt at all saying Anything about Money, you were, saying you would be paying yours off by the time we get our 2008's, and insulting us in someway, so I was just saying dont underestimate everyone

and I am not critical of the First Generation, the right suggestion is, you shouldn't be so critical of the Second Generation
Not being critical; I'm sure it has been engineered very well, but the styling really leaves much to be desired! I don't like it and neither do many of us here.
Also, I am usually pretty quiet about things that are not technical but someone got ugly and it needed an answer
Old 03-29-2007, 12:56 AM
ajayjuneja

Those pictures were taken uphill -- of course the front of the car looks higher then!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:38 AM
jinubob81

I don't know... but I think a lot of you will change your minds once you get to see it in real life. Or, as I have not seen it personally either, I will be the one to say, "that is one fugly bizatch" after it hits the showrooms.

I'm hoping all the extra weight will equal interior quality matching or surpassing lexus or acura, but i'm pretty sure that's too much to ask for.

In any case, the next nissan/infiniti I'll be buying will be the GT-R, or the infiniti equivalent (if there is one, that is). Come on, NYC auto show...
Old 03-29-2007, 06:48 AM
bostonmerlin

if you dont like the looks of the g37..if your mind is made up.. you know it sucks.. and you know you'll never buy one.. consider pointing your browser back to the g35 forum. Those of us enthusiastic about the new g wouldnt mind a few less trolls.

bm
Old 03-29-2007, 09:25 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
if you dont like the looks of the g37..if your mind is made up.. you know it sucks.. and you know you'll never buy one.. consider pointing your browser back to the g35 forum. Those of us enthusiastic about the new g wouldnt mind a few less trolls.

bm
I think the G37 is HOT and can't wait to have one in my garage. No one is going to force you to buy the G37, there are lots of other automakers out there to chose from.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 03-29-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin

bm
WTF? This is a forum for all opinions so don't tell us where to point our browsers, hell, you are here for free!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by htownboy
WTF? This is a forum for all opinions so don't tell us where to point our browsers, hell, you are here for free!
from my viewpoint you're not adding value to the community. Nothing is free.. had to work my way through your child-like posts above to find value in this thread.

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 03-29-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: the g37 is a jeep. whats with that clearence?