Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

what will 0-60 be? in 08 g37

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Texan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jackygor
Only real car enthusiasts knows that C6 are good cars. I know a lot of friends think that it cant handle for ****, since it is an American car, and interior sucks ***, since it is an American car.

but one thing I am concerned about the car, and it is the stereotype that the owner of a vette are usually for mid 40 drivers. Ehhh, I wouldn't mind owning one! my dream carr!! Z06 FTW!! Ls7!!

Check this out(not good that its on the street) but it is an impressive clip:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/14H2kcnQuMo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/14H2kcnQuMo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

the lambo had a quick initial leap, but lost and kept blipn' the throttle as if to say: "I sound/look cool losing"

c6 z06 vs ferrari F430
http://www.fastdrive.org/1/p/car-vid...view.1013.0.25

c6 z06 vs 06 m6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovZWaOYMBkE

Last edited by Texan1; 04-01-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:29 AM
jackygor

^^^

I think what i really like about the Z06 is the fact that it eats a lot of exotics on the road...ALIVE...
Old 04-01-2007, 08:11 AM
FAST1

but one thing I am concerned about the car, and it is the stereotype that the owner of a vette are usually for mid 40 drivers.

Vette owners are middle aged, balding guys, who wear gold chains and shirts with the top unbottoned to expose their hairy chests. That's the stereotype.

The reality is that the guys that I know who own Vettes, also own Porsches and other high performance cars, and they range in age from the 20s to 60s. None of them are balding and none of them wear gold chains. But you know even if the stereotype were true, it wouldn't stop me from buying a Vette.

Are you really concerned about the opinions of the few people who believe in inane stereotypes? There's a program on a local radio show called "Curb your Intelligence", and it's absolutely mind blowing listening to the responses people have to the most basic questions like how long is the TV program "60 minutes."

So sure I can see where these people would believe in the dumbest stereotypes, buy for me to alter my car bying decision based on what brain dead people believe would be silly.

Last edited by FAST1; 04-01-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:49 AM
BrianV

About the LS3:

There is some concern that the LS3 will not be as desirable as the LS2. The LS1 and LS2 were designed for the Corvette. The engineers designed it for the Vette, not to be shared with other platforms. The LS3 however is designed to be a shared engine platform for the Vette, the Escalade, and other cars.

It may produce more HP, but who knows what the total area under the curve will look like.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:08 PM
FAST1

It may produce more HP, but who knows what the total area under the curve will look like.

I have read many posts on this forum referring to power over a rev range rather than merely peak HP, and that's a great observation. Porsche has long been noted for making cars that are light weight, and with engines that have high torque over a wide rpm spectrum. How the power is distributed makes a hiuge differance in how a car performs.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by FAST1
A vette interior is horrid and they are $6k+ more.

I agree that the C5's interior isn't that great. I have no problem with the C6's interior.

I think a lot of us want the luxury and the speed in one package.

The only cars that I'm aware that fit that description are pricey. Cars like an E55 AMG come to mind. I suppose the $60K E46 M3 may also fit that description, although as a former owner of an '02 E46 M3, I wouldn't classify them as having luxurious interiors.
While I have "no problem" with the C6 interior, it is not "nice" by any means. And if you are trying to tell me that it is as good as the 07 G35sedan/ 08 G37 interior you are on crack.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by BrianV
That said, the C6's interior is just as luxurious as any cars in this range. And to Hypnoz, the title of this thread is 0-60 times and people keep complaining that it won't be fast enough, so I CAN and I WILL tell the people on this forum that it's MY opinion that they should be looking at C6's.
Sure you can tell people that if you want to sound stupid. As I said, a lot of people want the luxury, look, and SPEED in one package. The C6 interior isn't even close to as good as the new G's. Not only that but I, like many others, like the G look better.

Using your logic NO one should buy this car. If you want speed get a vette, if you want luxury get an Audi. The fact is the G37 will only be slightly faster than the current one and to many that fact is simply disappointing considering the 1st gen G was faster than it's competition and looked better for cheaper. I think everyone has the right to complain when we expecting sub 5 sec 0-60 times (which is unlikely). If the G did 9 sec 0-60 and people complained would you tell them they should buy a vette?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Hypnoz

The Miata is a Sports car. HP is not the only factor in determining how a car is classified. Who told you that the G35 is a Sports car? Probably some Infiniti salesman.
THE G35 IS A GT. THE M3 IS A GT.

Do a google search and stop parading your ignorance about cars on a forum.
LOL. I know a Miata is a sports car. I was asking you because you somehow think the G is a GT car. Parading my ignornace? 90% of your posts show how little you know of anything. You don't even understand how torque and horsepower work. Try howstuffworks.com
Old 04-02-2007, 06:46 AM
FAST1

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
LOL. I know a Miata is a sports car. I was asking you because you somehow think the G is a GT car. Parading my ignornace? 90% of your posts show how little you know of anything. You don't even understand how torque and horsepower work. Try howstuffworks.com
Hey pal if believing the G35 is a sports car makes you happy, then go for it.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:32 PM
dec55

Hey pal if believing the G35 is a sports car makes you happy, then go for it.
When is a 155 mph car not a sports car?
From Road and Track magazine 2003....
Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
Don't think of it as a luxury coupe, think of it as a genuine sports car
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1

Last edited by dec55; 04-03-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Mr_Ryte

Just what is the G37?

A Sports car?
A Luxury Sport coupe?
A Grand Touring car?
Exotic?

Ummmm.....who cares?

I doubt most people will care about what the car is. Those who'll be buying this bad boy will be way more concerned about what it does for the price.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by dec55
When is a 155 mph car not a sports car?
From Road and Track magazine 2003....

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1
Exactly. I dont understand how it can be classified as a GT car simply because it has a nice interior. It's going to handle/brake better, and be faster than many so-called "sports cars" and it is a RWD coupe.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
muscarel

Originally Posted by csdstudio
Right. Say you have an engine with 250 TQ at 7000 rpm, you have ~333hp. If you take that same engine and only increase the redline to 7500, you now have ~360hp. That's why rev-up had more stated HP than non-revup, they increased the redline to increase it's HP number on paper. Silly game if you ask me.

Are you saying that HP is just a number? Same torque at higher RPM means more horsepower, which means greater acceleration. The same torque at low rpms produces less power and less acceleration. HORSEPOWER is not just a "number".
Old 04-03-2007, 08:47 PM
GGG Ya

btw chevy's going to produce a higher performance corvette as well, outdoing the z06 with about 700 hp in 2010
Old 04-04-2007, 06:04 AM
FAST1

Originally Posted by muscarel
Are you saying that HP is just a number? Same torque at higher RPM means more horsepower, which means greater acceleration. The same torque at low rpms produces less power and less acceleration. HORSEPOWER is not just a "number".
The point that I've been traking to make is that I like to focus on a car's torque and as others have pointed out, the torque curve, since I'm interested in a car's acceleration or its ability to push me back in my seat. This is an excerpt from a technical treatise by Bruce Augustein:

First of all, from a driver's perspective, torque, to use the vernacular, RULES :-). Any given car, in any given gear, will accelerate at a rate that *exactly* matches its torque curve (allowing for increased air and rolling resistance as speeds climb). Another way of saying this is that a car will accelerate hardest at its torque peak in any given gear, and will not accelerate as hard below that peak, or above it. Torque is the only thing that a driver feels, and horsepower is just sort of an esoteric measurement in that context. 300 foot pounds of torque will accelerate you just as hard at 2000 rpm as it would if you were making that torque at 4000 rpm in the same gear, yet, per the formula, the horsepower would be *double* at 4000 rpm. Therefore, horsepower isn't particularly meaningful from a driver's perspective, and the two numbers only get friendly at 5252 rpm, where horsepower and torque always come out the same.

In contrast to a torque curve (and the matching pushback into your seat), horsepower rises rapidly with rpm, especially when torque values are also climbing. Horsepower will continue to climb, however, until well past the torque peak, and will continue to rise as engine speed climbs, until the torque curve really begins to plummet, faster than engine rpm is rising. However, as I said, horsepower has nothing to do with what a driver *feels*.

Quick Reply: what will 0-60 be? in 08 g37