G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

what will 0-60 be? in 08 g37

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Zee2G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you be willing to pay a premium to achieve these weight savings? That is what would be required. One of the G's charms would be gone completely, afford ability.

FM is used throughout the line. When you have a chassis that sees action in two ton SUV's, you have to be reasonable about what can and can not be accomplished. Z owners bitch and whine all the time about the current Zeds weight.

As long as we are all on this platform there are limits to what can be done.

If the GTR can match or be a bit skinner than the 911tt, it should be considered a weight savings success, although I'm sure it will still be flamed anyway
Old 03-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by FAST1
I hate to burst your bubble but, THE G IS NOT A SPORTS CAR; IT'S A GT CAR.
I'm beginning to wonder how many of the posters on this forum have ever driven a sports car to know the differance between the two.

Everyone has their own personalized performance bar. I don't need to read some magazine article to tell me if a car is quick or not, and I don't even need a stop watch to make that determination. I simply test drive the car and within a few minutes, I make that determination.

No one is denying that the G37 will have better performance than the G35. What I am saying is that I was looking for the G37 to at least match the performance of the 335, especially since the G37 is being released a year after the 335. And based on how portly the G37 will be, there's a zero chance of that happening.

Let's not forget when the G35 was first released it blew away the 3 series both from the performance and appearance perspectives. You won't be able to make that same statement about the G37.
Look I have no reason to insult you but what you are saying makes no sense. When the G37 has full reviews and you find that it has better handling, braking, steering, and looks than the 335i maybe you'll begin to understand what I am saying. It is NOT a GT car. What would you classify a miata as? That has horrible acceleration.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:01 PM
FAST1

If the GTR can match or be a bit skinner than the 911tt, it should be considered a weight savings success, although I'm sure it will still be flamed anyway

Nissan is getting into the big leagues when they take on the Porsche turbo. One of my neighbors owns one, and I have to tell you guys that words can't describe the power that car has, but let me try. It has 480HP and over 500 lb/ft of torque with the chrono package. The curb weight of the car is a little on the hefty side for a Porsche, over 3500 lbs, AWD adds at least 175 lbs. Performance is out of this world. With the tiptronic tranny, the turbo will do a 3.3 second 0/60.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 PM
FAST1

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
Look I have no reason to insult you but what you are saying makes no sense. When the G37 has full reviews and you find that it has better handling, braking, steering, and looks than the 335i maybe you'll begin to understand what I am saying. It is NOT a GT car. What would you classify a miata as? That has horrible acceleration.
The Miata is a Sports car. HP is not the only factor in determining how a car is classified. Who told you that the G35 is a Sports car? Probably some Infiniti salesman.
THE G35 IS A GT. THE M3 IS A GT.

Do a google search and stop parading your ignorance about cars on a forum.

Last edited by FAST1; 03-30-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:22 PM
BadBoy06

if your going to buy that car for speed your barking
up the wrong tree
Old 03-30-2007, 04:20 PM
wyatthanson

Sorry, but the Miata is a sports car while the G is a GT.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:12 PM
BrianV

G35/G37 = Nissan's Luxury Sporty Car
350Z = Nissan's Sports/Sporty Car

The current 350Z and current G35 have a weight difference, especially when you look at the base G. The 03 Base model Z weighed in at 31xx pounds. It's porked up a little since then, but 31xx is fairly light.

If you want a light weight G35/G37 then one of two things needs to happen:

Option 1) We start losing sound dampening material. Remove power seats. Remove sunroof. Remove ultra large rims. Remove HDD Nav devices. Put lighter glass and sheet metal on it (more noise).

Option 2) Nissan develops a specific chassis that will cost a lot more. At least $45k for a G37, no thanks.

You guys should all consider the Z over the G; I think you're driving the wrong cars. Admittedly, the Z could be lighter, but if I were Nissan reading your complaints, they're probably just saying, "They should've bought the Z, then they'd have more a of a right to complain."

Please note that the 3 series platform was designed for the 3 series and it costs around $10k more for a similarly equipped one, and it's only like 100lbs lighter than the G37.

I recommend all of you buy the new M3 when it comes out. That's going to be a sick car that will have massive power and be relatively light. Another car that is PERFECT for all of you is the C6 Vette. 3100lbs, massive power, good ride/luxuries.

The G37 is just not the car for most of you. Seriously check out the C6 Vette. You're all describing what you want the G37 to be, and it's the Vette or M3.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:13 PM
FAST1

Originally Posted by BrianV
G35/G37 = Nissan's Luxury Sporty Car
350Z = Nissan's Sports/Sporty Car

The current 350Z and current G35 have a weight difference, especially when you look at the base G. The 03 Base model Z weighed in at 31xx pounds. It's porked up a little since then, but 31xx is fairly light.

If you want a light weight G35/G37 then one of two things needs to happen:

Option 1) We start losing sound dampening material. Remove power seats. Remove sunroof. Remove ultra large rims. Remove HDD Nav devices. Put lighter glass and sheet metal on it (more noise).

Option 2) Nissan develops a specific chassis that will cost a lot more. At least $45k for a G37, no thanks.

You guys should all consider the Z over the G; I think you're driving the wrong cars. Admittedly, the Z could be lighter, but if I were Nissan reading your complaints, they're probably just saying, "They should've bought the Z, then they'd have more a of a right to complain."

Please note that the 3 series platform was designed for the 3 series and it costs around $10k more for a similarly equipped one, and it's only like 100lbs lighter than the G37.

I recommend all of you buy the new M3 when it comes out. That's going to be a sick car that will have massive power and be relatively light. Another car that is PERFECT for all of you is the C6 Vette. 3100lbs, massive power, good ride/luxuries.

The G37 is just not the car for most of you. Seriously check out the C6 Vette. You're all describing what you want the G37 to be, and it's the Vette or M3.
I agree with everying that you have posted. The only reson that I don't own a C6 is the horrible customer service of the Chevy Dealers near me. I could bare the buying experience since it doesn't last that long and of course there's always the option of buying at a discount from Kerbeck, but I will have to eventually have to get the car serviced and I would rather have my car serviced at a gasoline station than at the Chevy Dealers near me.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 PM
JdM_G35

8.8 in the 1/8
Old 03-31-2007, 12:47 AM
GGGGGGGG

Probably high 5s. Horsepower means nothing if percentage of drive train loss is great. This is usually the case for Nissan and Infiniti.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:57 AM
wyatthanson

Brian is dead on... Good job.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:03 PM
6969g35

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe
Base Price $35,000 (est)
Vehicle Layout Front engine, RWD, 4-pass, 2-door
Engine 3.7L/330-hp/270-lb-ft DOHC 24-valve V-6
Transmission 6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic
Curb Weight 3600 lb (MT est)
Wheelbase 108.3 in
Length x Width x Height 182.1 x 73.0 x 54.0 in
0-60 MPH 5.2 sec (MT est) auto 5.5
EPA City/HWY Econ 20/27 mpg (MT est)
On Sale In U.S. August 2007
Old 03-31-2007, 04:51 PM
BrianV

I agree with everying that you have posted. The only reson that I don't own a C6 is the horrible customer service of the Chevy Dealers near me. I could bare the buying experience since it doesn't last that long and of course there's always the option of buying at a discount from Kerbeck, but I will have to eventually have to get the car serviced and I would rather have my car serviced at a gasoline station than at the Chevy Dealers near me.
Yeah I wouldn't take a Vette to a Chevy dealer, but everywhere I've lived there have been EXCELLENT independent Corvette service places. Of course I've only lived in Southern California and Texas where Corvettes are great.

If a clean Z51 05-06 C6 comes down to around $35k this year, I'll probably just pick one up, but I'm going to wait to at least test drive a G37.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:00 PM
FAST1

Originally Posted by BrianV
Yeah I wouldn't take a Vette to a Chevy dealer, but everywhere I've lived there have been EXCELLENT independent Corvette service places. Of course I've only lived in Southern California and Texas where Corvettes are great.

If a clean Z51 05-06 C6 comes down to around $35k this year, I'll probably just pick one up, but I'm going to wait to at least test drive a G37.
In January Kerbeck was advertising an '07 C6 with Z51 for $43K. That's an awesome price for a car with that much torque and HP. What is interesting is that the C6 doesn't need to be launched at some insane rpm to get its 4.5 sec 0/60 like some other cars. C6's secret - low curb weight and 400 HP and 400 lb/ft of torque. That combination will work every time.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
BrianV

In January Kerbeck was advertising an '07 C6 with Z51 for $43K. That's an awesome price for a car with that much torque and HP. What is interesting is that the C6 doesn't need to be launched at some insane rpm to get its 4.5 sec 0/60 like some other cars. C6's secret - low curb weight and 400 HP and 400 lb/ft of torque. That combination will work every time.
The Z-51 has a better read-end, ventilated brakes, and better suspension. It's sort of a poor man's Z06. I've seen 0-60 hits down in the 4.1 range on the Z51s. Another great thing about the C6 is it's gas mileage. 28 mpg on the highway.

Quick Reply: what will 0-60 be? in 08 g37