Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

what will 0-60 be? in 08 g37

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 04:16 AM
jackygor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ umm ok...

If only G37s were lighter...wouldnt it be nice if they could make one that is around 3200? man, that **** would fly!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:26 AM
wyatthanson

That's why I'm debating waiting for a "370Z". I can't find much about it, but we all know it's just a matter of time.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 AM
FAST1

Originally Posted by jackygor
^^^ umm ok...

If only G37s were lighter...wouldnt it be nice if they could make one that is around 3200? man, that **** would fly!
Hell, I'd be happy with 3400 lbs, but as I posted earlier Infiniti chose to go the heavy luxury cruiser route. It's a shame becuse they came so close with the G35, and the extra power of the G37 would have been awesome in a 3400 lb car which would still be heavy enough to offer all of the amenities that most buyers want.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:41 AM
dcwjd

The 2006 Bmw M3 is 3400+. The new G37 weighs 200 - 300lbs more depending on the model. It has basically the same horsepower and torque numbers so you can forget a sub 5.0 sec car 0-60!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:47 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dbeare6804
One of the only benefits of living near OK, is the turnpike. Pisses me off to have to pay a toll. So, I launch hard out of the gate... 0-75mph. TAG F1 Sport Chrono clocks my 0-60 for what that is worth.

Thus far, BABYING MY '05 G35 Coupe 6MT with traction control enabled, Tanabe Y pipe, Motordyne MREV+ package, SUS filter, and 18 in michelin pilot sport a/s tires averages 5.5 0-60.

Same, michelin pilot sports, 0-60 5.3-6 sec 0-60.

The Z will do better. But, the G35 is one nice ride (had one oil burning biatch). While in Indian country Ive never topped out. BUT, this beast pulls hard. Ive pulled strong along side many a beefed 350 pickup. Far into a zone (>100mph) that might land me in some civil war era jail before I could blink. They are left in the dust. No mustangs yet...

Some SOB might smoke you with a 405 HP beast, but the interior is nicer than the new Vette. There will always be someone who has something faster, wider, stronger, badder. Just put the lean on and know that the only reason you are being tested is that they are jacking.
Good post
Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by FAST1
Hell, I'd be happy with 3400 lbs, but as I posted earlier Infiniti chose to go the heavy luxury cruiser route. It's a shame becuse they came so close with the G35, and the extra power of the G37 would have been awesome in a 3400 lb car which would still be heavy enough to offer all of the amenities that most buyers want.
Honestly the more you post about the G the less knowledgable you look.

Have you read any of the first drives? The G is more of a sports car than it ever was. There is no way you can call it a cruiser. It has a better, sportier suspension, better brakes, and better accelleration than it does now. The extra weight offsets the power only slightly. It will definitely be faster than the current G.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:59 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypnoz

Have you read any of the first drives? The G is more of a sports car than it ever was. There is no way you can call it a cruiser. It has a better, sportier suspension, better brakes, and better accelleration than it does now. The extra weight offsets the power only slightly. It will definitely be faster than the current G.
I totally agree. I think we all realize that the G37 will outperform the G35. That is the intention of Nissan/Infiniti. So no one should be surprised!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 PM
csdstudio

Originally Posted by g35pat
Horsepower = Torque * RPM/5252
Right. Say you have an engine with 250 TQ at 7000 rpm, you have ~333hp. If you take that same engine and only increase the redline to 7500, you now have ~360hp. That's why rev-up had more stated HP than non-revup, they increased the redline to increase it's HP number on paper. Silly game if you ask me.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 PM
wyatthanson

^ Assuming torque didn't trail off.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:48 AM
csdstudio

Originally Posted by wyatthanson
^ Assuming torque didn't trail off.

Righto, and it usually does. But just to toss some numbers out there.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:43 AM
jackygor

I know a lot of people does not realize the sportiness of G35

its sad
Old 03-30-2007, 05:09 AM
wyatthanson

The G was never a sports car IMO. That's the Z.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:18 AM
FAST1

I hate to burst your bubble but, THE G IS NOT A SPORTS CAR; IT'S A GT CAR.
I'm beginning to wonder how many of the posters on this forum have ever driven a sports car to know the differance between the two.

Everyone has their own personalized performance bar. I don't need to read some magazine article to tell me if a car is quick or not, and I don't even need a stop watch to make that determination. I simply test drive the car and within a few minutes, I make that determination.

No one is denying that the G37 will have better performance than the G35. What I am saying is that I was looking for the G37 to at least match the performance of the 335, especially since the G37 is being released a year after the 335. And based on how portly the G37 will be, there's a zero chance of that happening.

Let's not forget when the G35 was first released it blew away the 3 series both from the performance and appearance perspectives. You won't be able to make that same statement about the G37.

Last edited by FAST1; 03-30-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:27 AM
Mr_Ryte

Thumbs up Someone finally figured it out.

Originally Posted by FAST1
I hate to burst your bubble but, THE G IS NOT A SPORTS CAR; IT'S A GT CAR.
I'm beginning to wonder how many of the posters on this forum have ever driven a sports car to know the differance between the two.

Everyone has their own personalized performance bar. I don't need to read some magazine article to tell me if a car is quick or not, and I don't even need a stop watch to make that determination. I simply test drive the car and within a few minutes, I make that determination.

No one is denying that the G37 will have better performance than the G35. What I am saying is that I was looking for the G37 to at least match the performance of the 335, especially since the G37 is being released a year after the 335. And based on how portly the G37 will be, there's a zero chance of that happening.
If you want a lighter G, then go for the Z.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:23 AM
FAST1

Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
If you want a lighter G, then go for the Z.
You are right. Will the Z have the same engine and suspension as the G37? If so the Z should be quick.

Quick Reply: what will 0-60 be? in 08 g37