G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Gen 2 Coupe Analysis.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:07 PM
bostonmerlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree.. the car looks awesome. my old 04c looks dated.. this bad boy is a definate improvement.. inside and out. i never liked the current g's rear.. nor did i ever like the interior. It was the entire package. The same can be said about the g37.. except for me.. the entire package has improved many times over!

In the end.. it comes down to mass appeal. i dont need a "designer" telling me what's wrong with a car.. just like me saying how badly a "designer" designs cars! Opinions are like.... everybody has one! including me.

Taken another way.. how many people realy care if a movie gets a bad review by Ebert & Roeper (formerly Siskel & Ebert).. who cares!! it just might appeal to me.

bm

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 03-22-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:09 PM
stylez09
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JDM_CPV35
The Front
The swooping front fascia looks NOTHING like the concept. Headlights look GREAT, much better than the current headlights, but thats where it ends. I agree with the SC430ish statement made by a few members. I feel that the elongated trapezoidal bumper ducts are a signature G design element. That is gone now. The grill is okay, but I feel the current grill is a bit nicer.
Honestly, everyone is complaining about the front but other than the bumper, it is basically the same. Don't get so mesmerized by the blue lights on the concept. If you stick that same bumper on the production car, you basically have the same front.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:14 PM
JDM_CPV35
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Originally Posted by blueSKYLINE
Very well said. You bring up good points, and I agree with you alsmot 100%, however, I do believe the new interior is not all that great. I know we cannot expect the concept's interior to entirely become reality but maybe some of us hoped that at least a tiny bit the new coupe's interior will be better than the sedan's. I got to drive a 2007 sedan for a bit this week, and yes the interior is better (than the 03-06 models) but still is pretty far from even being able to compare with some of the other luxury cars out there.
yea totally agree... definitely not on par with lexus, bmw, etc.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:23 PM
JDM_CPV35
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i agree.. the car looks awesome. my old 04c looks dated.. this bad boy is a definate improvement.. inside and out. i never liked the current g's rear.. nor did i ever like the interior. It was the entire package. The same can be said about the g37.. except for me.. the entire package has improved many times over!

In the end.. it comes down to mass appeal. i dont need a "designer" telling me what's wrong with a car.. just like me saying how badly a "designer" designs cars! Opinions are like.... everybody has one! including me.

Taken another way.. how many people realy care if a movie gets a bad review by Ebert & Roeper (formerly Siskel & Ebert).. who cares!! it just might appeal to me.

bm

I'm not telling you whats wrong with it, just giving my opinion. 9 times out of 10 when Ebert & Roeper give negative regards on a film, they are right. The only reason I made this analysis is to give the perspective of someone that draws pretty pictures all day for a living. I too (like the designers who designed this car) have some formal training in design basics, so I figured I would make an educated analysis. I figured having my background, those that dislike the car as well will have someone with a design background on their side. After all, when you are sick you go to a doctor. When your car is broken you go to a mechanic. So why not go to a designer for opinions on design? Sorry if I aggravated you, totally not my intention.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Cognoscente

Nice analysis, and good points. I'm still taking everything in myself - still not a fan of the front bumper and the chrome on the trunk.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:06 PM
JReedG35C

Originally Posted by JDM_CPV35
You my friend are doing your M no justice comparing it to the Gen 2 Coupe. Would you compare Carmen Electra to Barbara Walters?

Hell no...they both are Trash....
Old 03-22-2007, 03:22 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
they didn't make the car too aggressive to keep the big market open. and a coupe concept is a concept -- not the actual production model.

i guess we all expected to have a beautiful sporty looking coupe but i just hope it looks better in person.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Sukairain

Seriously people, get some 12000k blue ricer lights and a new front bumper and the thing is 90% G Coupe Concept. How can people love the first gen, love the concept and hate this G37 Coupe? It's a beautiful car, I don't know what everyone else was expecting..... $35k Aston Martin? Oh wait, it already is.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:45 PM
kailep

I almost agree w/ your analysis except for the lower side valence. I like how it indents and slant up and flange out. Maybe the designers can approach it a different way to break the blandness of the door & qtr panels. To me, 10-symmetrically array spokes wheels don't look sporty. It reminds me of the 1st gen SC300/400. If it is meshed, 10 spoked style, then it would be better.

Overall, I guess everyone hates the smiley face and the chrome truck tip. To me, sports car should have a meaner face like the current coupe or even 2nd gen sedan w/ Sport option. The mean face makes people want to yield when they see you from the rear view mirror.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 PM
G-Whizzer

Hmm. I'm a graphic designer and I see more similarities than differences.
And I LOVE the new design....

OH - and like most Infiniti designs, I bet it looks better in person!

Last edited by G-Whizzer; 03-22-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:49 PM
TPECT

Another thing to have in mind guys is to take a look at real product, pictures dont do it's justice. All I can say is that this new coupe is more like a 2 door version of current sedan, while with older generation it had different stance and image.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:21 PM
gnut

The G37 is not that bad. I think most people on here are way too critical. If they change the "round" front bumper and get rid of the chrome on the trunk, it could lot really hot. This thing looks pretty close to the coupe concept so why are you guys ******* it so much. I would buy this than the plain looking BMW 3 series.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:24 PM
jackygor

Originally Posted by gnut
The G37 is not that bad. I think most people on here are way too critical. If they change the "round" front bumper and get rid of the chrome on the trunk, it could lot really hot. This thing looks pretty close to the coupe concept so why are you guys ******* it so much. I would buy this than the plain looking BMW 3 series.
If you put the picture of G37 and the concept side by side, the only different is the "bubbly" bumper.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:54 PM
7upp

Originally Posted by jackygor
If you put the picture of G37 and the concept side by side, the only different is the "bubbly" bumper.
there is also an upward bubble in the center front of the hood.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:06 PM
FlameOn
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I blame all you morons for putting on those fog light bumpers on your current coupes, I believe JDM or whatever. Infiniti probably payed attention to the hottest aftermarket front bumpers that were being used and modeled the 08 prod front fascia like it.

I mean, it looks just like it.

Quick Reply: My Gen 2 Coupe Analysis.