G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti marketing push toward women in '07. '08 Coupe/Crossover will be focus...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 PM
N50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti marketing push toward women in '07. '08 Coupe/Crossover will be focus...

Well, it look like Dave Bexfield from NissanSportMag was on to something when he said he felt Infiniti is probably going to go after women with the new '08 coupe and crossover.

Article

Thompson says that Infiniti has an opportunity with women consumers in part because so few women put the brand on their shopping list. She says while some luxury brands are evenly split between male and female buyers, Infiniti still skews male at around 64% for the overall brand.

"We are really a young company in that we focused a lot on our performance--which attracted more males than females to the brand," Thompson said in an interview this week. "But now I think that younger women are more accepting of performance. They think of themselves as performing at a high level personally, and they expect that kind of performance in the products they use. They also see sexiness in performance."
Infiniti does not state that they are going after women with the design of the vehicles (I really hope that's not the case). Instead they will be changing they way in which they market toward women. That 64% male percentage is a big deal profit wise.

Last edited by N50; 02-02-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
ElixXxeR

I see more women driving FXs than men and I also see quite a few women driving G35s (especially auto coupes). Well, we'll see where this marketing approach takes Infiniti.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:29 PM
skaterbasist

This isnt from Infiniti

This comment was done by the opinion of a Nissansportmag editor.

He has different opinions, as of anyone.

I just don't see that many women driving "sport" cars [in L.A] unless they're convertibles...

Im sure Infiniti wants to attract more female buyers, but not that they want to turn it into a females market [the idea was there; the editor just used the wrong words]

Old 02-02-2007, 05:33 PM
skaterbasist

Ahh I see...

After reading the article, I misunderstood "Infiniti's" purpose behind the statement.

It's not that they want their 2 specified line-up's to become a womans market; They just want the distribution like BMW & Lexus have it... ~50% Male, ~50% Female.

I like the fact that 2/3 of Infiniti consumer's are males.

Keeps it more masculine

Old 02-02-2007, 05:42 PM
N50

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
It's not that they want their 2 specified line-up's to become a womans market; They just want the distribution like BMW & Lexus have it... ~50% Male, ~50% Female.

I like the fact that 2/3 of Infiniti consumer's are males.

Keeps it more masculine

Exactly, maximize profit potential by increasing sales through attracting more women to dealerships. I'm thinking the smaller crossover may be heavily marketed towards females...much more than the coupe will. Just my opinion. I see no problem with Infiniti going this route so long as they don't let lack of sales to females influence their design. I like where they are currently and where they are heading (new G sedan/coupe).
Old 02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
DHCrocks

great....now I drive a girlie car.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:23 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by DHCrocks
great....now I drive a girlie car.
How much thought did you put behing that post

If you want it to be a "girlie" car, then sure it is.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Sukairain

Does that they are going to bring back Caribbean Blue for 08!? NICE!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:58 PM
RBull

Originally Posted by N50
Well, it look like Dave Bexfield from NissanSportMag was on to something when he said he felt Infiniti is probably going to go after women with the new '08 coupe and crossover.

Article

Infiniti does not state that they are going after women with the design of the vehicles (I really hope that's not the case). Instead they will be changing they way in which they market toward women. That 64% male percentage is a big deal profit wise.
It's a simple and wise concept. The idea is to grow sales by adding many more woman into the brand fold. This will of course take a unique marketing strategy so as not to alienate current male target customers but also appeal to females. Your suggestion with some of the other models like the new smaller sport ute makes sense.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:14 PM
kay350gt

I see sexiness in performance also!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Railgunner

So the '08 coupe will have more lights around the fold down mirror?

Seriously, they'll have a hard time selling the '07 Sedan to women unless they add some interior storage space. You couldn't fit 3 tampons in the glove compartment and a pair of rolled up hose in the 5" x 5" console compartment.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:04 AM
SilverII

i bet the other 36% gets the IP color
Old 02-06-2007, 09:09 AM
trey's wife

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

Keeps it more masculine

Which means what exactly? What exactly makes a car masculine?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:12 AM
trey's wife

Originally Posted by SilverII
i bet the other 36% gets the IP color
Only the prissy girls.

Geez, do you people think this forum is only men and can we say stereotype? Get over yourself.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:14 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i just hate that first aid kit -- open it up and see a damn tampon in there.

Quick Reply: Infiniti marketing push toward women in '07. '08 Coupe/Crossover will be focus...