G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti marketing push toward women in '07. '08 Coupe/Crossover will be focus...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:14 PM
trey's wife

Really? It's a maxipad in ours and it makes perfect sense if you have a major injury and need to stop a large blood flow.

I don't get what the hell the big deal is for men about something that is just plain normal fact and course of life. Do you get upset if you see a baby diaper somewhere or toilet paper or kleenex? Guys are such bitchy babies sometimes. LOL
Old 02-06-2007, 12:17 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i dont have a problem its the funny comments when i make my customers open it up to see what's inside.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:30 PM
trey's wife

Ok, that I get.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:17 PM
skaterbasist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Which means what exactly? What exactly makes a car masculine?
Im sorry, but I do not want to drive another IS250, Scion TC, Volkswagen beetle, Volkswagon Jetta, etc.

Ofcourse I have no problem with females in a G35. I actually think it looks good on them, but as long as it doesnt become a female dominent vehicle, it's all good.

I hope you're not taking this the wrong way; A more male oriented/dominent sport vehicle always ends up in the "enthusiast" market.

PS. Goodluck with the 07 Sedan. If I were in the market for a Sedan, the 07 Sedan 6MT would be my first choice hands down.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:16 PM
trey's wife

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

I hope you're not taking this the wrong way; A more male oriented/dominent sport vehicle always ends up in the "enthusiast" market.

PS. Goodluck with the 07 Sedan. If I were in the market for a Sedan, the 07 Sedan 6MT would be my first choice hands down.

All cars have enthusiasts. Now I know the next comment to come would be the size of the community but that is relative. Around our neck of the woods it is almost impossible to actually find other people who are G enthusiasts. Most people around here who drive the G regardless of gender are middle aged and drive it because it is a luxury car not because of sport. The size of the community is dependent on many things. I personally hate the whole idea of anything being gender specific. IMHO things are pushed to be one or the other by the people who insist on making a distinction. Of course, I also get really hot under the collar about people who assume women know nothing about cars too.

Thanks about the sedan. This wait is killing me and I am sick of my grandmother's car after 2 short drives. I swear if I was going to drive the interstate I would need a case of motion sickness pills! It's a Grand Marque and it is a land yacht! LOL
Old 02-06-2007, 03:46 PM
skaterbasist

All cars have enthusiasts. Now I know the next comment to come would be the size of the community but that is relative. Around our neck of the woods it is almost impossible to actually find other people who are G enthusiasts. Most people around here who drive the G regardless of gender are middle aged and drive it because it is a luxury car not because of sport. The size of the community is dependent on many things. I personally hate the whole idea of anything being gender specific. IMHO things are pushed to be one or the other by the people who insist on making a distinction. Of course, I also get really hot under the collar about people who assume women know nothing about cars too.

Thanks about the sedan. This wait is killing me and I am sick of my grandmother's car after 2 short drives. I swear if I was going to drive the interstate I would need a case of motion sickness pills! It's a Grand Marque and it is a land yacht! LOL

Well actually, the size of G35 Enthusiasts is pretty big in Southern California. It's not a surprice to hear that there isnt a big G35 Enthusiast community in Alabama

And about the wait, We've all been through there. Seconds feel like Minutes, Minutes feel like Hours, and Hours feel like Days

It's a pain, but the wait is worth it. Trust me, you'll forget all about the wait once your in it

Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I think that the G-Coupe will remain a male dominated car. I think that they will get the female coupe market with the Altima Coupe, as that car will appeal mostly to women and teenagers.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 02-07-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:31 PM
trey's wife

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Well actually, the size of G35 Enthusiasts is pretty big in Southern California. It's not a surprice to hear that there isnt a big G35 Enthusiast community in Alabama
Watch it now! Those are almost fighting words. We are in the South but we certainly aren't in the sticks - that's MS.

And about the wait, We've all been through there. Seconds feel like Minutes, Minutes feel like Hours, and Hours feel like Days

It's a pain, but the wait is worth it. Trust me, you'll forget all about the wait once your in it .
Oh I know it will be fine. It's just that May seem SOOOOOO far away. I know it will be here soon though and I can always hope it comes in early!
Old 02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
mephistomyhero

OK, just to clear up a few things (or maybe make it more clear ) What Nissan is doing is not making the car more women oriented or even make it more of a 50 50 split with the same amount of cars sold. What they are doing is trying to get it to 50 50 by marketing the cars to women in different media (e.g. more outlets that are more women specific). Hmm...the 07 Sedan is nice though. I've been driving this new 07 DG Sedan with premium (at least I think it has premium installed, with the oval keychained) for about 5 days now. I dropped off my 05 6MT coupe because the infamous SES light went off and they said they uploaded some new software into the ECM and it's ready for pickup. Geez, I dropped it off on Saturday night and it's ready today (Wednesday). Whatever I guess, since I didn't pay for gas and had a few days to try this bad boy out. When I return it later tonight, I may give a impression on it, but most already know about it so it's nothing that hasn't been reviewed before.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
RBull

Really? It's a maxipad in ours and it makes perfect sense if you have a major injury and need to stop a large blood flow.

I don't get what the hell the big deal is for men about something that is just plain normal fact and course of life. Do you get upset if you see a baby diaper somewhere or toilet paper or kleenex? Guys are such bitchy babies sometimes. LOL
I'm with ya Cheryl. I don't have any phobia about a tampon and its not because my wife no longer needs to use them.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
95se

I'm blissfully ignorant. I haven't even opened my first aid kit My wife has what could double as a hockey bag as a purse so I'm pretty sure she's covered.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:38 PM
CarCrazed

I have been told the new 08 coupe will come with magnifying vanity mirror with 10x optical power. Along with a hidden compartment for tweezer, nail filer and nail polishes. There's also a man button that allows the engine to increase from 300 to 450hp but will not function with the touch of a woman.

Last edited by CarCrazed; 02-08-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 PM
N50

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I think that the G-Coupe will remain a male dominated car. I think that they will get the female coupe market with the Altima Coupe, as that car will appeal mostly to women and teenagers.
Could be. Like I said earlier, I think the new small crossover (CX/EX) will be heavily marketed toward women. The coupe, less so.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:49 PM
boknows

For me personally here in Austin, TX, I see 1 male G35 coupe driver for every 3 females.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
RBull

Originally Posted by boknows
For me personally here in Austin, TX, I see 1 male G35 coupe driver for every 3 females.
??? I haven't seen any female drivers of the G Coupe here and very few in the sedan. Austin must be a pretty different city compared to what others here are saying.

Quick Reply: Infiniti marketing push toward women in '07. '08 Coupe/Crossover will be focus...