G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Too Similar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 12:20 PM
airhoppz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda's new Accord Coupe became a bit more appealing, now.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:59 PM
peterbanks

^
^
^

Sure... if you like FWD
Old 01-29-2007, 09:25 AM
IvoryPearl07G

the altima is sooo much smaller tho man....the alty coupe 6-8" shorter than the altima sedan and is STILL FWD. the front has the nissan family image as well. all coupes have the "brush-stroke" lines in niss/infiniti. the differences are obvious. poor mans/chicks option the the infiniti coupe.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:22 PM
RBull

IMHO there is way too much concern over similarity between the G35 Coupe (07, '08 sketch and '08 concept). We haven't seen the final version of the car.

From what we've seen so far it's a different car. We know it is definitely aimed at a different buyer which makes it unlikely to affect future G sales. Consider target consumer, styling, brand catchet, model reputation, drivetrain and warranty.

If you don't believe that, switch over to the Altima and revel in the belief you bought the same car for less money, and that everyone else believes that too.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by RBull
IMHO there is way too much concern over similarity between the G35 Coupe (07, '08 sketch and '08 concept). We haven't seen the final version of the car.

From what we've seen so far it's a different car. We know it is definitely aimed at a different buyer which makes it unlikely to affect future G sales. Consider target consumer, styling, brand catchet, model reputation, drivetrain and warranty.

If you don't believe that, switch over to the Altima and revel in the belief you bought the same car for less money, and that everyone else believes that too.
Perfect statement... I honestly was about to state the exact thing.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I completely agree Deane, and the two of us have been saying that all along. I actually think it's quite funny seeing people get worked up thinking the Altima Coupe looks the same as the G Coupe.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:43 AM
psedog

Originally Posted by Sukairain
When the G Coupe first came out, I kept thinking there would be a market for a G25.
It's funny, in Japan their is a 2.5 liter version of our car. I wonder why it didn't make it over here?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:25 AM
RBull

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I completely agree Deane, and the two of us have been saying that all along. I actually think it's quite funny seeing people get worked up thinking the Altima Coupe looks the same as the G Coupe.
At least we can continue to be entertained by some.

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Perfect statement... I honestly was about to state the exact thing.

AOK

Last edited by RBull; 01-30-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
inTgr8r
Proud member of the COFC

OMG.... this Altima thing is getting rrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaalllllllly old
Old 01-30-2007, 03:02 PM
psedog

Originally Posted by kidtronix
Because in Japan, there isn't the perceived luxury of an Infiniti brand to maintain. Only the Nissan brand image, and a 2.5 liter Infiniti doesnt say 'luxury' to anyone in the US. Lexus, Infiniti, Acura...they were all conceived and incorporated as 'luxury' brands for the US by the Japanese mfrs as
So, you are saying that a Lexus is250 isn't a luxury vehicle?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:53 PM
psedog

I have to disagree with you on the Japanese and the Skyline. After spending 5 years, I know that they do think of the 350gt as a luxury car. The Japanese actually look at the number plates, if after the kanji it starts with a 3, then they know that it's more powerful and luxurious, this is straight from my wife (Japanese National).
Nissan also has different service departments depending on the level of car you own. Although, I don't think any of them will give you a loaner for the day like they do here.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 AM
peterbanks

Best statement so far.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Ca$hio
Premier Member

Originally Posted by peterbanks

LMAO!!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:50 AM
AthensBlueG

To Peter's credit, no one has posted the pics side by side, and he went through the trouble of resizing them to match. This is probably the most revealing post that compares the 3 cars. I think it's a good post, although he could have posted it as a followup to an existing thread.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:48 AM
IvoryGT
Former Sponsor

basically...if you are going to compare a FR to a FF costing 15000 less...go ahead...if you are not going to buy it...so what. We don't care. People didn't stop buying the 5 series because the tC came out...they even have the same headlights by hella with subtle differences.

Quick Reply: Too Similar?