BadBoy06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
i can't wait till that damn NYIAS
I remember last years. My lil 3 yr old was all over the mustangs..lol
Old 02-14-2007, 09:53 AM
G-WannaBe

OK, you guys in CA must get all the new wheels first, i must admit I am a little out of the norm around here in New England to want a RWD coupe as a year round sled, but I cant even get the delaers here to show me the damm 07 6MT sedan, and they have no clue when the coupe will be available. Now I have not checked all the dealers, so maybe some are more with it then others, but all of them have said that in general Infiniti did not even ship 6MTs to this region in the first 4 months of launch, so none of them have them. even as of now, they dont know when they are arriving to test drive.

I am driving a 9 year old Jetta, the VW runs strong so I cant complain after 100k miles, but its well past time to get back to some speed. I was ready to drop $$ on the 335i in december, but the lure of the new G was too much. Plus it would have taken 8 to 12 weeks for delivery of an ordered 335, and even then BMW was telling me very little deal making was taking place, it was too new and had no real competition yet. I will test the G when it hits dealers, but dont expect to see this little gem as soon as May, I am betting it will take a little longer. Cant wait, snow outside, G pics inside, .....
Old 02-14-2007, 10:04 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
OK, you guys in CA must get all the new wheels first, i must admit I am a little out of the norm around here in New England to want a RWD coupe as a year round sled, but I cant even get the delaers here to show me the damm 07 6MT sedan, and they have no clue when the coupe will be available. Now I have not checked all the dealers, so maybe some are more with it then others, but all of them have said that in general Infiniti did not even ship 6MTs to this region in the first 4 months of launch, so none of them have them. even as of now, they dont know when they are arriving to test drive.

I am driving a 9 year old Jetta, the VW runs strong so I cant complain after 100k miles, but its well past time to get back to some speed. I was ready to drop $$ on the 335i in december, but the lure of the new G was too much. Plus it would have taken 8 to 12 weeks for delivery of an ordered 335, and even then BMW was telling me very little deal making was taking place, it was too new and had no real competition yet. I will test the G when it hits dealers, but dont expect to see this little gem as soon as May, I am betting it will take a little longer. Cant wait, snow outside, G pics inside, .....
thats why i'm the king of ordering rwd and sport cars. i know the market and it took a lot to push my GM to let me allocate these certain vehicles. as i tell a lot of people -- they're like PS3's and Nintendo Wii's-- no where to be found.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Potty_Pants

id just say WII and Nintendo DS

PS3's are a dime a dozen... well 499 and 599 respectively

G-wannabe - Im from NJ... dunno whats up in your area regarding availibility for autos. in my area I've gotten 1k over invoice for a 335i quote and my local inifiniti dealer gets a resonable amount of 07's... the manuals are rare though. Edit again- local dealer had a 6sp 07 ... called me on saturday at 3pm and scheduled test drive on monday at noon.... the car was sold by 5pm saturday.

ppp

Last edited by Potty_Pants; 02-14-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:30 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants

G-wannabe - Im from NJ... dunno whats up in your area regarding availibility for autos. in my area I've gotten 1k over invoice for a 335i quote and my local inifiniti dealer gets a resonable amount of 07's... the manuals are rare though. Edit again- local dealer had a 6sp 07 ... called me on saturday at 3pm and scheduled test drive on monday at noon.... the car was sold by 5pm saturday.

ppp
there are no Wii's or PS3's around here in Long Island
Old 02-14-2007, 01:18 PM
G-WannaBe

Originally Posted by Potty_Pants

ppp
Thanks for the info and I am glad to hear it, maybe its just the CT dealers, but back in December they said the nearest 6MT was Buffalo, and last week New Haven said this in regards to timing, "I Duno".

I never went to the edge on bargaining for the price of the 335, cause I was looking everywhere for the 6mt. Now that it is actually a Real winter and the coupe is mere months away, I will quote them both out together later this year. I hope the 335 also comes down a bit, but of course they wont if the new G pricing is close to the speculation number I have seen on this site, (near 38k). So you drove the bimmer too, what was your thoughts, and whats in your garage? (or driveway covered in white today) Did you use the G against the Bimmer guys and did it help at all? How well does the 6MT drive? 1 of the car magazine reviews said it was a very early grab clutch and hard to get used to.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Potty_Pants

So you drove the bimmer too, what was your thoughts, and whats in your garage? (or driveway covered in white today) Did you use the G against the Bimmer guys and did it help at all? How well does the 6MT drive? 1 of the car magazine reviews said it was a very early grab clutch and hard to get used to.

lol never drove the 335i... just never got around to it.

no didnt play the dealer with the G card... just said whats do you need over invoice to do a deal... they said 600-1,000.

never drove the 07 G mt nor the 335i. sorry man

when the dealer said the car was sold saturday , i said just put me down for a 2008 coupe... so he did !

ppp
Old 02-15-2007, 10:36 AM
PistolPete13

Hey G-Wannabe,

I picked up a 07 6MT from da mayor last Saturday and the clutch does takes a bit to get used to but it's no big deal. The clutch is much lighter than the one on my old Audi.

Unless you jump immediately off the dealer lot into stop and go city traffic, you'll be fine after driving it for a day.

-Pete
Old 02-15-2007, 01:50 PM
G-WannaBe

thanks - it was odd to read about as an "issue" in 1 magazine review, and another review said nothing about it at all, so I thought it could not be too big a deal. Glad you got 1, I hope they are appearing on the local lots soon. I am more a coupe then sedan person, but the 07 sedan was and is really worth a long look. Hope you enjoy that sweet little ride. How long until you put in the hairdryer?

PPants- thanks for the info. I would bet that by the end of the summer I will have a red coupe of my own to brag about, but I am not one to pick up any car w/o that test drive, and it will not kill me to not be the first coupe in CT, that said however I am already envious and hope your ride makes it into town nice and early. Would it be fair to say you will be bimmer hunting in early summer?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Potty_Pants

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Would it be fair to say you will be bimmer hunting in early summer?
prob not, while the performance & handling is there... the $ and maintenance is through the roof BIG TIME.

My dealer is confident they will make a deal we're both happy with. however if they dont "show me" 1k off I'd be more inclined to wait or shop around. if they make me shop around for a better deal, they dont value my repeat business !

Infiniti has a tough road ahead... while they set the bar with the 2003 G35... the others have stepped up to the plate. I cant see infiniti doing the same thing this time around. While they may throw us a bone (awd,330hp) it wont be as big as their slap with the 2003 G.

ppp
Old 03-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Potty_Pants

Salesman called me last night...

he's under the impression (from speaking with the infiniti rep) he'll have a spec sheet in a couple of weeks (prob the march 27th release we've been hearing or just april 7th).
Anyways he's staying in touch and we'll spec out a car as soon as he gets the option sheet.

ppp
Old 03-08-2007, 06:24 PM
jadams

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoke to my dealer yesterday. Said he had no information and did not know about the March 28th information release date. Please keep us posted when spec sheet releases!