G37 Convertible Seat filter Access

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:07 PM
Elvis75
Registered Member

G37 Convertible Seat filter Access

Does anyone know how to remove the bottom seat cover located at the back of the seat cushion to access the bottom seat filter of the G37 Convertible? I have the 2010, but think they are all similar.

I was able to access the seatback filter by gently prying the two top clips from the cover and pulling up. The cylindrical filter twists counterclockwise to remove. vacuumed out and replaced. All is good.

Getting the bottom seat filters out was a different story. There is a cover that probably needs to be pulled out to access the filter. on the bottom there are two clips that just pull out. no problem. But the top of the cover seems more fixed in place. I pulled a bit hard on one and think I broke a clip. I cannot find any videos online or instructions from the service manual on how to remove this cover. It just says to remove it. Ha.

As a workaround, I pulled just the two bottom clips out, and squeezed my hand under there and was able to get the filter out, clean it, and replace it. Just a real pain in the a$$. I bit painful too.

After cleaning the filters, the fan noise is now almost nothing. Tons of dust/dirt in there. So glad a got them cleaned out and would suggest other to do it. No need to buy a new filter for crazy $$ from the dealer. Just clean it. But be careful, if you break it, it will be very expensive to replace.

thank you.
Old Today | 09:23 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

From the FSM it appears that the lower panel is just held in place with two (2) metal clips. It will take some force but it should just pull straight out. The difference being that the upper panel is held in place with two (2) plastic clips so less force would be needed, in theory.

I wonder how many 'Vert owners are aware that these filters actually exist let alone service them... much like the cabin air filter that is often ignored.

Thanks for your post!
Old Today | 09:40 AM
Elvis75
Registered Member

Thank you!

Yes, I saw the FSM and tried pulling straight out where those clips were. the plastic looked like it pulled out of the clip and broke, so I did not proceed with the others. there could be a trick to disengage those metal clips. I will take pictures next time I clean those filters to keep it in this thread. Not shown in the diagram are two plastic pieces that clip onto a bar at the bottom. They were easily removed and easy to snap back on. that allowed me the space to get my hand under there and remove the filter, with some effort...

I just bought a 2010 convertible and it looked like those filters were never cleaned, nor the cabin filter! It was gross. I agree many may not do that maintenance. The rest of the car looked practically new.