Need some more space in my G vert

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 03:14 PM
DownSgift
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some more space in my G vert

I have a 09 G37s Vert manual transmission. I have a market business where I cook food. I bring a tent, coolers, foldable tables, and boxes of other supplies. I have to make two trips in order to get everything to the market. I can fit most everything in one trip but the 4 foldable tables can't fit in with it all so I usaully come back for the tables and maybe a water dispenser. Any recommendations for space? Trailer? Roof attachment? Back cargo carrier? Get a rv or truck..? Hopefully one day I get a food truck but until I can invest in that I'll need another option.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:53 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 1,070 Posts
Ideally, find yourself a small pickup. A pickup truck will:
  • be easier to load;
  • have enough capacity to SAFELY & SECURELY haul everything you need to carry;
  • cheaper on gas; and
  • save wear and tear on the 'Vert.
I would never suggest anything be mounted on the roof of the 'Vert. Any attachment risks damaging the panels or seals. All you need to do is forget the roof carrier is there and go to open the roof. The roof is complicated enough, don't add to it to risk making it worse.

Many folks have added trailer hitches to their cars- albeit none that I know of in a 'Vert. While Infiniti does not recommend towing a trailer of any kind, as long as you stay within the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) of the car (should be on driver-side door jamb label) you should be fine. It is not something I would do, but it can be done. Just my 10¢...

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 05-16-2023 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 04:49 PM
DownSgift
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Ideally, find yourself a small pickup. A pickup truck will:
  • be easier to load;
  • have enough capacity to SAFELY & SECURELY haul everything you need to carry;
  • cheaper on gas; and
  • save wear and tear on the 'Vert.
I would never suggest anything be mounted on the roof of the 'Vert. Any attachment risks damaging the panels or seals. All you need to do is forget the roof carrier is there and go to open the roof. The roof is complicated enough, don't add to it to risk making it worse.

Many folks have added trailer hitches to their cars- albeit none that I know of in a 'Vert. While Infiniti does not recommend towing a trailer of any kind, as long as you stay within the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) of the car (should be on driver-side door jamb label) you should be fine. It is not something I would do, but it can be done. Just my 10¢...
Yeah, I definitely feel you and think you have convinced me. I'm going to look for a cheap SUV to pickup. Although I think I can make the G work it wont be optimal and will be such a bitch no matter if I put a rack, trailer, or roof bag on it. I think it'll be worth the investment to have a car dedicated to throwing all the **** in and wont have to be super careful and distraught if I get a little dent.
Old 05-16-2023, 06:27 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 1,070 Posts
I am quite confident that even in the current nutty used car market you could find a barebones CR-V or RAV4 that would suit your needs fully. It does not have to be the "top-of-the-line" or even the newest, but a reasonable vehicle can be found... (crosses fingers)

I just do not see the 'Vert being practical for this type of task. In a pinch, perhaps, but as a matter of routine definitely not.

Good luck- with the business and search- and, please let us know how you make out.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 05-16-2023 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-23-2023, 06:46 PM
DownSgift
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
I am quite confident that even in the current nutty used car market you could find a barebones CR-V or RAV4 that would suit your needs fully. It does not have to be the "top-of-the-line" or even the newest, but a reasonable vehicle can be found... (crosses fingers)

I just do not see the 'Vert being practical for this type of task. In a pinch, perhaps, but as a matter of routine definitely not.

Good luck- with the business and search- and, please let us know how you make out.
My buddy is nice enough to help me out and utilize his truck for the time being. I think I'll just use the G, doubling back home on days he is not available for now. With more funds I'll get a cheap suv or hopefully better case a food truck.